Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

why would anything be "embargoed" until today?

It’s for the print press. It gives them a chance to fine tune their stories so there’s fresh content for the weekend papers so radio and TV don’t take all the content before the papers get chance. It’s been going on for years. Gives them time to research and fact check before going to print too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BrianBeane said:

Jason is a fan and has consistently pushed difficult lines of questioning which others have been too shy to do. Have we embargoed parts of press conferences before? I can't imagine Jason trying to push clickbait nonsense but may be wrong.

You’re right re Jason has definitely been asking tough questions the rest in the media won’t. Embargoing is standard tbh can’t remember the exact reason it happens. But from what Jason has said this might be worth listening to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Some of the interview is embargoed so the papers can print it rather than straight on the internet I think, could be wrong. 

I've not heard the word used in that context before. Not being a press person, I've still no idea what it means.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Without wanting to fall in to the trap of being whipped in to a frenzy, surely that can only be comments that make things worse?

If he'd rowed back on anything he'd said and been more diplomatic then why would anything be "embargoed" until today?

Sometimes it may be comments which would have impacted on a situation that occurred that day. For example, something which may hurt us on deadline day in terms of getting players in and out. 

It’s reasonably common. For example, Bruno Lage’s entire pre match conference was embargoed until the day after this midweek set of games 

• Like 1

Who 'embargoes' it? The club? The interviewee? Is it an informal agreement with the press, a kind of quid-pro-quo for being able to attend?

If it's sensitive material, someone speaking too soon or out of turn, or maybe without full knowledge of the facts, then I could understand. But for it to be not ok one day but ok the next kinda baffles me.

11 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Are you seriously equating giving the person you love £200 to giving someone you employ tens of millions?

Principles remain the same, read the last section of my post.

Top provides the money Rodgers decides who to buy, simple and the basic seperation of business acumen and football knowledge.

variation from this obvious use of peoples strengths leads to owners getting delusional and making disastrous transfer decisions and managers resigning.