Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, taupe said:

Who 'embargoes' it? The club? The interviewee? Is it an informal agreement with the press, a kind of quid-pro-quo for being able to attend?

If it's sensitive material, someone speaking too soon or out of turn, or maybe without full knowledge of the facts, then I could understand. But for it to be not ok one day but ok the next kinda baffles me.

The embargoed bit has been misinterpreted a little 

there are parts of press conferences/interviews  which are often embargoed so that the newspapers have stuff at 11pm which hasn’t already been publicised 

in this case, he has done the brighton presser after last nights game 

this is due to be released at 13:30 today 

but he has obviously said a few more things in this part of last nights post match stuff - and we can’t hear about it until 13:30 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Onions said:

I’m sure there is, but sacking Rodgers is expensive & then signing another manager (potentially) from another club would also be expensive, and it’s also risky. 

Obviously the debate is regarding relegation, if people genuinely think we are in a relegation battle, (let’s use Potter as an example) then sacking him and appointing Potter is a must, even if it was to cost £30m, but I personally don’t think we’re at that stage.

We’ve played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and I’ll fully agree none of them are that good, and the performances have been poor, Brentford was an amazing 60 minutes and then dreadful, and Southampton was painful, I’m certainly not going to pretend it’s anything but an awful period, but sacking a manager when the window is closed is poor timing. 

Give him until the Winter break, and if we’ve not turned it around, he’s off, it gives a new manager 6 weeks to work with the players before the next game. 

Your 1st paragraph.

Yes we have played these teams, but the the 'awful period' you are referring too isn't just theses games alone, and many on here who want shot of the bloke are taking the last 18 Months of boring football style, the poor performances , sh*t tactics, and teams selections, the freezing out of players, adding also the blame shifting "BS" posts match interviews, all into account 

2nd paragraph. Really??

If we leave it that late then 17th position could be out of reach as I'm struggling to see where our next points are coming from. I fear the new manager would have an insurmountable mountain to climb at this point to make up the points to catch 17th then keep going to give us daylight. Also to do that, whoever was occupying 17th would also have to loose every time we won or the math wouldn't work.. 

Sorry he needs to go now, he tried hard enough yesterday to get his pay off with his post match comments.

Please Top, grant the parasitic leach his wish, so that the healing process can begin whilst we are only 2 points behind Everton (who happen to have a Merseyside Derby next match) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

No, I don't think that. I'm quite sure the board knew what Rodgers was doing and he was acting with their blessing. But, with all due respect, you have missed my point - so I'll try and be clearer. You suggest a failure of communication, I say it didn't (necessarily) fail. You'd even accept it was working in at least one direction (Rodgers speaking to potential signings and letting the board know about it) I'd suggest to you that the board communicated fully with Rodgers to the best of its (then current) knowledge.

My point was that maybe the board was not aware (or at least not fully aware) of the financial pressures it was facing until later, until after Rodgers had started talking to players. At worst, perhaps the board had an optimism that they'd be able to find a way, to find some means of making signings, but it proved not to be. Somebody somewhere crunched the numbers and had an 'oh shit' moment. The board then communicated that finding to Rodgers, as soons as they'd become aware of it. We heard of it only after Rodgers voiced his disappointment and we naturally assumed a chain of events. I suggest that assumption might be incorrect - the board hid nothing from Rodgers and he was 100% in the picture the whole time (and I imply no fault on anyone - except perhaps the number cruncher for not having done the maths sooner!) 

That may have been the case, but highly unlikely, you are talking about a man that runs a Global business. 

6 minutes ago, J. James said:

Principles remain the same, read the last section of my post.

Top provides the money Rodgers decides who to buy, simple and the basic seperation of business acumen and football knowledge.

variation from this obvious use of peoples strengths leads to owners getting delusional and making disastrous transfer decisions and managers resigning.

Yowzer! Yeah I can't follow you down that rabbit hole.

Let's say you have 60m and decide to invest 50m in artwork. Your partner knows a bit about art. Do you let them spend the 50m for you? 

Would you heck as like. You would get opinions from all over the place. Make sure that investment was rock solid. 

52 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not exactly been paupers since we won the league 16-17 to present 

5748CED2-F18C-4C8E-AF1A-4E417728914F.jpeg

Ohhh, we have spent some serious money since then BUT if we’re going on this summer window….we CANNOT say we have a top 10 squad when so much money has been spent by the rest - not saying there is a guarantee they perform.

BUT we have regressed whilst others have rolled the dice so to speak.

I thought Brendan’s comments about us not being as strong as were 2 years ago was really interesting, so, because I’m sad, I’ve done a comparison from the 2020/21 squad to this seasons squad (for anyone who had a squad number)

21 out of 28 players from 2020/21 season are the same players.

The 7 changes are below:

Kasper out, Iversen in

Wes Morgan out, Wout Faes in (was Fof)

Benkovic out, Vestegaard in

Matty James out, Soumaré in

Demarai Gray out, Daka in

Fuchs out, Bertrand in

Jakupovic out, Smithies in

The above paints an interesting picture for me, 4 changes border on insignicant, in the sense that from the 20/21 squad those players were not regulars.

However, regards the 3 ageing, more experienced leaders, we have replaced them with sub-standard players and zero leadership skills. This for me, is glaringly obvious in this “new” group of players, we lack leadership, know how, people driving standards and experience. This is a huge oversight on Brendan’s/the clubs part and is coming home to roost.

Regards leadership, I was trying to cast my mind back to when I read something about our leadership team which involved players, recall Wes Morgan, Youri, Chilwell and their were others made up that team …. Who’s in it now? Do we even have one?

Unfortunately I would imagine the embargoed quotes will include

- at least one more player under the bus, maybe Vardy

- ward will be my number one no matter what

- set piece coach not happening now

- top has assured me my position is under no threat 

- fans are letting players down with not supporting them 

1 hour ago, SilverFox said:

Has he really had that much?

2022/2023 - £15.3m

Wout Faes - £15.3m

2021 / 2022 - £60.84m

Patson Daka - £27m

Boubakary Soumare - £18m

Jannik Vestergaard - £15.84m

Ryan Bertrand – Free

Ademola Lookman – Loan

2020/2021 - £53.46m

Wesley Fofana - £31.5m

Timothy Castagne - £18.81m

Cenzig Under – Loan Fee £3.15m

2019 /2020 - £93.87m

Youri Tielemans - £40.5m

Ayoze Perez - £30.06m

Dennis Praet - £17.28m

James Justin - £6.03m 

Total = £223.47m

Out of the 13 players brought in 9 are still in the squad boosted by the likes of Vardy, Evans, Madders, etc that he inherited plus KDH and the academy graduates getting regular football that are the product of millions of pounds of investment in the academy over the last decade. Not to mention the addition of one of the best training grounds in Europe.

To have a pop at the owners and claim you've not been backed is disgraceful.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, BrianBeane said:

Jason is a fan and has consistently pushed difficult lines of questioning which others have been too shy to do. Have we embargoed parts of press conferences before? I can't imagine Jason trying to push clickbait nonsense but may be wrong.

...very strange, is it possible that between now and 1.30 pm the club will issue a statement regarding Rodgers!!!

Why would there have been an embargo as he said what he wanted to say last night, what was he or the club waiting to happen that it had to be held back and released the next day?

Is he about to take up another position but the incumbent had not left his role, there really is no reason to hold back a conversation from a football manager unless it is a breaking story.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1