Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Im not even sure he knows what basics are anymore- if he just went back to close to the team from 18 months ago we wouldnt even be close to getting relegated

castagne    evans   soyuncu   justin

ndidi    tielemans

maddison

kdh                                  barnes

vardy

and before anyone says I know he wont- I know kdh isnt a right mid but still better than anyone else we have- I knowhe wont pick soyuncu etc etc etc - but seriously no way that team gets relegated- not a chance

The problem is, that’s the first 11 - but modern Premiership Football where you now have 5 subs to utilise, requires a transitional side where at 60/70 minutes you can freshen and bring a new dynamic to the team without unbalancing the players you leave on.

Our squad doesn’t really have that capability - which boils down to poor recruitment.

I'm aiming for 40 points.

So you're expecting a fight against relegation?

No, i'm aiming for 40 points.

lol

Everytime he speaks, I detest the man that little bit more. I wish Bourne would ask him why expectations are so low this season compared to last.

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

He's lost it. 

Is he trying to be Ranieri? 

Does he think we're only good for a relegation battle?! 

Lost it is right Stan. Those three quotes are pure nonsense. I’m so shocked I’m not anymore 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I'm not going personal. I haven't attacked Rodgers once. There are plenty on here who do who you haven't aimed that comment at. I'm simply stating he doesn't sign players the club does. These deals are for massive amounts of money and if you think Rodgers has the final say you operate on a level I can't.

To attribute our performances to him is acceptable. He picks the team, tactics etc. 

On 30/08/2022 at 08:11, Ricey said:

Just went back and watched a bit of the talk we did with him at work in October, just to double check that my memory of what he said about recruitment was correct.

"Jon Rudkin, Lee Congerton and myself will look at targets."

"I have the first say on the player, the last say and a little bit in between. The club will never bring in a player that I wouldn't want here."

So for those people claiming that recruitment isn't his fault and that we can't apportion any blame towards him, there you are.

Of course it's not all his fault, there are plenty of people involved in the process, but he has a pretty strong influence judging by those comments.

...fyi...!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Thanks 3