Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

For me, the reason we tend to spiral at times under Rodgers (and not just us but actually Liverpool, Swansea and Reading also) when things go wrong is that he lacks a bit of self awareness and a bit of humility. 

He's never ready to admit when things are his fault, when we lose because he made the wrong decisions. 

When that's the case, the only thing you've got left is to blame the players or bad luck and when it's consistent it's invariably going to mean blaming the players.

So he loses confidence in the squad so he ends up playing increasingly defensive systems and having us be increasingly defensive in our approach and it ends up being a self perpetuating situation where by the negative way we line up ends up creating more problems and we lose more and its still his fault. 

And this then radiates to the players. It's why when confidence is low at a club he manages he never really looks like he knows how to lift people out of it and they slump. 

Tonight felt like an over reaction to the fact we've been leaky recently and Ndidi was suspended. He sees those things and he lacks faith in the squad so he plays five defenders and three deep lying midfielders and he thinks that'll make us more secure, even though history has shown us repeatedly it doesn't work. 

A manager with more faith in his squad would have sent us out today with a solid attacking lineup and said "go prove yourselves, go prove a point, make a statement." Instead his team selection tells the players "I think we're in trouble here." He's even praising Legia in advance talking up their counter game like they're a threat when they're clearly fvcking garbage, have a terrible recent defensive record and are themselves hideously short of form. 

This is a young squad with a constant wave of new young players coming in. He needs to believe in them, he needs to lift them and he needs to let them off the leash and there's absolutely no evidence that's happening. 

I felt so sorry for Daka today. He's come in off the back of an insane goal scoring season, he comes in to the club, barely gets a go, then gets asked to start basically in attack almost entirely on his own (with one muppet for company who takes his best chance off his toes.) You can see him struggling for confidence already. 

Spot on mate

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

For me, the reason we tend to spiral at times under Rodgers (and not just us but actually Liverpool, Swansea and Reading also) when things go wrong is that he lacks a bit of self awareness and a bit of humility. 

He's never ready to admit when things are his fault, when we lose because he made the wrong decisions. 

Careful!

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Everything starts from the back and we're fvcked at the back.

I can't totally blame Rodgers when Fofana, Justin and Evans are all missing.

If they were all fit and playing well, I don't think we'd be discussing BR's future.

Well you can for Evans. The blokes clearly got an ongoing issue and he plays him at the first opportunity in a cup game when its a completely unnecessary risk given our current league and defensive woes

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We’re not going to sack Rodgers ffs.

You don’t give up on a successful manager in September. If we’re still playing like this in December questions might be asked but even then with the amount it would cost to terminate his contract it’s a non-starter.

What I would say is that those blaming the Fofana injury on our bad start are absolutely deluding themselves. We had a dreadful pre-season and were pretty rancid for the last 10 games or so of last season, grinding out a couple of big wins in the cup semi and final. Otherwise this is the continuation of a trend that’s been going for at least 6 months.

Couldn't agree more

Guest Kopfkino
3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

You don’t give up on a successful manager in September

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Otherwise this is the continuation of a trend that’s been going for at least 6 months.

I wouldn’t be sacking him but it’s not giving up on him in September.  It’s giving up on him after a poor 6 months. You’ve said yourself this is a trend that’s been developing over 6 months. The FA Cup win masks that a bit but even then the performance in both the Semis and Final were part of that trend.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When that's the case, the only thing you've got left is to blame the players or bad luck and when it's consistent it's invariably going to mean blaming the players.

So he loses confidence in the squad so he ends up playing increasingly defensive systems and having us be increasingly defensive in our approach and it ends up being a self perpetuating situation where by the negative way we line up ends up creating more problems and we lose more and its still his fault. 

And this then radiates to the players. It's why when confidence is low at a club he manages he never really looks like he knows how to lift people out of it and they slump. 

Tonight felt like an over reaction to the fact we've been leaky recently and Ndidi was suspended. He sees those things and he lacks faith in the squad so he plays five defenders and three deep lying midfielders and he thinks that'll make us more secure, even though history has shown us repeatedly it doesn't work. 

A manager with more faith in his squad would have sent us out today with a solid attacking lineup and said "go prove yourselves, go prove a point, make a statement." Instead his team selection tells the players "I think we're in trouble here." He's even praising Legia in advance talking up their counter game like they're a threat when they're clearly fvcking garbage, have a terrible recent defensive record and are themselves hideously short of form. 

This is a young squad with a constant wave of new young players coming in. He needs to believe in them, he needs to lift them and he needs to let them off the leash and there's absolutely no evidence that's happening. 

I felt so sorry for Daka today. He's come in off the back of an insane goal scoring season, he comes in to the club, barely gets a go, then gets asked to start basically in attack almost entirely on his own (with one muppet for company who takes his best chance off his toes.) You can see him struggling for confidence already. 

I am worried that the Napoli disallowed goal is going to become a sliding doors moment for Daka. Could have been lift off for him.

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

What would you do instead with what we've got - out of curiosity...

I'm not 1 of the highest paid managers in the country, but here we go.

For the final 10 minutes we found joy on the inside right because the players 1st thought under pressure wasn't "where's Soyuncu/Vestergaard/Amartey?" 

Soumare played 90 minutes and looked very poor. Daka was poor. Perez looked the best of those 3 and gets pulled at 65 mins, instead of taking off a CB and leaving him on.

Do you support his decision to play the way we do week in, week out? 

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Anyone who wants us to get rid of Brendan Rodgers really needs to get a ****ing grip.

I don’t think anyone would want him gone, I certainly don’t. But if Ranieri could get the sack after a poor run of games, then Rodgers isn’t immune either. I’m just looking at it from a results perspective, lose to palace and things will start to look a bit sour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

He is not doing a very good job for a football manager who's the 3rd most well paid (£10 mil.) Coach in EPL. 

Of course he is bloody accountable for our current situation.

Two fifth place finishes and an FA cup, not a good job?

You cannot judge on a shit start to the season. It happens sometimes, the problem is he has never shown himself capable of getting is out of a slump, that’s a worry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

He is not doing a very good job for a football manager who's the 3rd most well paid (£10 mil.) Coach in EPL. 

Of course he is bloody accountable for our current situation.

He's not managing the 3rd most expensive side in the Premier League though. He's taken a side that was finishing mid-table and had consecutive 5th place finishes and won us the FA Cup for the first time in our history. We're slightly underachieving so far this season, but he absolutely is doing a very good job overall.

Just now, Pliskin said:

I don’t think anyone would want him gone, I certainly don’t. But if Ranieri could get the sack after a poor run of games, then Rodgers isn’t immune either. I’m just looking at it from a results perspective, lose to palace and things will start to look a bit sour.

Ranieri got sacked at the end of February, not September and we were nailed on to go down. We are a long way off that scenario currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

So currently, with questions about all of the 3 centre halves fielded, why compound the problem by playing all 3 at once, why not just 2 and add an extra competent midfielder? Or a more attacking 433?

Have we a competent player...

Look man..At present we are damn poor,Plus we cant Balance it out, when we create....

At present those fringe players nor subs, have it in them to turn a game when we do create...

• Like 1

I literally sit screaming at the TV willing him to make a very obvious substitution which everyone is saying should happen yet he doesn't do it...........its like he has a plan and sticks to it regardless of what's is happening or how the other team set up.  Some of his decisions are really strange.  Are the players beginning to think this too?  It's just a mess and something is going very wrong.  The team has no confidence, spark or fire about them.  They just seem dejected and fed up 

Only difference between this and the back end of last season is that were not scoring a world class goal to bail us out. 

Slow starts, then hoping the individual quality bails us out.

That team we played tonight are very poor and we should have put 4 or 5 past them. It irks me that its only the result that annoys people though lol. Its been pretty much the same for nearly a year now.