Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

international break after the spurs game and before the Forest game..... If its going to happen it will be then. 

A defeat at Brighton and another listless performance and I think they'll sack him, try and get a reaction for the Villa game.

Whether he should go or not, it seems to me that the club want to continue to do things on the cheap - including avoiding paying off Rodgers and sacking him - if possible. Long term form, toxicity and malaise of the squad and presence of systemic chronic problems with the way we play are a massive worry and make us real candidates for relegation. 

But there is some truth in the fact that the window is now closed, the squad could settle and things could start to click. So I can understand why the club are waiting to see what happens over the next 4-5 games. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 2

Just now, dormelcfc said:

Not coming with any inside knowledge but interesting that the club haven't run with any of the less controversial pre-Brighton stuff and a stark absence of any Rodgers post-match interview shared on any of club's social channels.

They've been doing that for weeks to be honest, damage limitation for the poor sods running the accounts I think.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They've been doing that for weeks to be honest, damage limitation for the poor sods running the accounts I think.

Think they usually share a short vid of Rodgers a few hours after the game usually, mainly on Twitter. But for me the lack of any pre-Brighton stuff on the channels considering the presser has effectively been done is odd.

To be fair, Fofana did say it in 2021.

A quick Google... 

He's supporting me all the time. We'll say he's a ‘papa poule’.” 

In helping Fofana adjust to life in a new country and football in a new league, Rodgers has been what the Frenchman calls a ‘papa poule’, which literally translates as ‘father hen’.

It’s used in French to describe a doting, protective dad, and was a role that Rodgers took on immediately to sell the City project to Fofana.

“I had discussed with him before arriving, when we were negotiating between Leicester and Saint-Etienne,” Fofana told Canal Plus in France. “Straight away, I was gripped by the project, I wanted to come.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-wesley-fofanas-father-5299391.amp

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I just think it's too quick a turnaround from the United game to the Brighton game to sack him.

I disagree... Get him gone (and the crap coaching team that came with him) and the collective sigh of relief would  hopefully free us. It did when Puel got the boot, just removing his toxic influence would be a start.  Bring in some caretakers from established staff within the club to cover short term. Surely they couldn't do a worse job? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Oh dear god. Is there a source for that?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/02/brendan-rodgers-accuses-wesley-fofanas-representatives-of-cheap-shot-leicester-chelsea

“I would say the post didn’t come from Wesley, I know that for sure because I’ve had other experiences where I had a message from Wesley which I knew wasn’t from Wesley,” he said.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

There's reports part of his press conference was embargoed until 13.30 today? 

What gets embargoed in press conferences? 

It's all on the previous page of this thread.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A quick Google... 

In helping Fofana adjust to life in a new country and football in a new league, Rodgers has been what the Frenchman calls a ‘papa poule’, which literally translates as ‘father hen’.

It’s used in French to describe a doting, protective dad, and was a role that Rodgers took on immediately to sell the City project to Fofana.

“I had discussed with him before arriving, when we were negotiating between Leicester and Saint-Etienne,” Fofana told Canal Plus in France. “Straight away, I was gripped by the project, I wanted to come.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-wesley-fofanas-father-5299391.amp

Mispronunciation ... he meant "proper fool"

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

international break after the spurs game and before the Forest game..... If its going to happen it will be then. 

ideally we sack him after Brighton

if we had someone lined up, it would give them just enough time to add some of their ideas to this squad for Villa, win that game and we can carry some confidence into the Spurs game, get a result there and we go into the intl. break on a high with the new coach now having 2 weeks at his disposal

• Like 1

Like many ,I am sick and tired with this possession, high line crap that appears to be Rodgers's sacred obsession. However there is now a definite feeling of post-Vardyism about us. He was our nuclear weapon and quite rightly feared by all other teams. We are in the process of losing that and our conventional weapons are much less lethal. It was always going to be a difficult transition whoever managed us. As well as our disfunctional defense , I think we are going to have to find another striker and probably one with the height and muscle to disrupt defences in a more old-school manner.

• Like 2

I think Brendan gets 5 more games to turn things around. Like he said, a win and things can quickly change in our favour, with the weight partially lifted off the players shoulders. It’s amazing what a win can actually do for confidence, even if we still remain bottom.

However, another 5 results like this I believe Top realises Brendan’s position becomes untenable. Staring relegation in the face, (and even greater financial loss) he brings in someone else before the January window, providing moderate financial backing to save the club from the drop…

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A quick Google... 

Sure he just didn’t mean he’s a proper cockerel?

On 18/04/2021 at 21:16, Fox92 said:

Brendan you are the man!!

Not trying to drag you here by the way @Fox92 but I think where this thread started, and what Fox92 has as a headline now are perfect examples of how horribly wrong the last 16 months has gone.

These things happen in football, and it's best for all if we move on to our next potential messiah who might one day have their own thread started for complimentary purposes, only for that to turn into a baying mob out for blood lol 

What it shows for me is that Captain Im Perfect thought he'd win the FA Cup and **** off to Man Utd, when that didn't happen it's been downhill ever since.

• Sad 1

Just now, Clarkey123 said:

I think Brendan gets 5 more games to turn things around. Like he said, a win and things can quickly change in our favour, with the weight partially lifted off the players shoulders. It’s amazing what a win can actually do for confidence, even if we still remain bottom.

However, another 5 results like this I believe Top realises Brendan’s position becomes untenable. Staring relegation in the face, (and even greater financial loss) he brings in someone else before the January window, providing moderate financial backing to save the club from the drop…

Someone who publically goes on to say that the same squad which has gone on to finish 5th twice and win an FA Cup isn't good enough for anything more than a relegation scrap just a year later deserves immediate sacking.

If I'm a Leicester player right now, I'm telling my agent to start looking for interested clubs. We can't let Brendan sour our squad to the point a majority of the actually decent remaining players want out

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

image.png.196e98bc4540a72cac7f4f9fb8a32943.png

wait wait wait, we can’t move in from this yet. “Fofana was a guy who came off the streets”? 😂😂😂 WTAF he was playing top tier french football against psg a few days before he moved here 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Five more games? What if we lose the next three? We would be on one point from 8 league games, completely cut adrift at the bottom of the table.