Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Like many ,I am sick and tired with this possession, high line crap that appears to be Rodgers's sacred obsession. However there is now a definite feeling of post-Vardyism about us. He was our nuclear weapon and quite rightly feared by all other teams. We are in the process of losing that and our conventional weapons are much less lethal. It was always going to be a difficult transition whoever managed us. As well as our disfunctional defense , I think we are going to have to find another striker and probably one with the height and muscle to disrupt defences in a more old-school manner.

Just give Vardy some sevice (that he's s currently being denied) and he'll be fine. The possession based "death by football" currently being deployed is polar opposite to whats needed for Vardys game. Especially if Rodgers insists on playing him as a lone striker (which too isn't to Vardys strengths) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Five more games? What if we lose the next three? We would be on one point from 8 league games, completely cut adrift at the bottom of the table. 

Bingo!  Exactly what I've said in other posts..

Our current form points to no further points on the board... We simply can't allow a gap to grow. 

Here you go, Brendan, - here's the team to beat Brighton...

Iversen,

Castagne, Wout, Evans, JJ, Thomas

Soumare, KDH,

Madders,

Kelechi, Daka

I want you to make 4 changes throughout the game:

Vardy for Kel on 65.  Vardy, I want 25 mins of 2015/16 Vardy aggression and stretching the defence.

Albrighton for JJ on 69 mins, move to a back 4 and stick Albrighton on the right. Madders out left for a few mins.

Barnes for Daka on 77 mins. Barnes go play left wing.  Madders, back inside.

Wilf for Soumare on 84.  Straight swap.

Stop ****ing about with playing Vardy isolated up top from the start.  He can't do it.

Drop Youri, he would have struggled to pass urine last night, let alone an 8-yard ball.

Ward looks like a confused fat girl that's lost a hideous amount of weight and their once 'pretty-for-a-fat-bird' face, now makes them look like the confused local inbred bin-head.

Stop asking KDH to move forward with the ball, he hasn't got that final third passing finesse.  He needs to be deeper in midfield. 

I want Castagne and Thomas bombing on for Iversen to hit them with through balls.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

wait wait wait, we can’t move in from this yet. Fofana was a guy who came off the streets? 😂😂😂 WTAF he was playing top tier french football against psg a few days before he moved here 

Maybe write "Brendan Rodgers has uncanny ability to take street orphans from impoverished areas and turns them into superstars!" 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

After the starting 11 comment, we cant live with that. The guy is now firing shots from the outside. Top, press the ****ing button. 

He's just slandering himself here. I genuinely don't understand the thoughts behind that quote. How can, having been the sole man in charge for 3.5 years, having had a big input on moulding the side, you come out and say the starting 11 hasn't improved? 

Then complaining about having quiet leaders on the pitch? 

Once again, 3.5 years he's had to address that. He's throwing blame at people for his issues. 

Time to go. 

While I'm no fan of him, Brendan could take a cue from Boris' boosterism.

He needs to change the narrative immediately from 'woe is me', 'my squad isn't good enough' to something like "There's no denying it's been a difficult period for me, the players and the club. But this is a still a brilliant club with some of the country's top talents. We know we can do better and my focus is getting the best out of the players I have. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes are top players etc."

Make the players feel great, it's simple stuff but he's in a downward spiral. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Iversen,

Soumare, KDH,

Madders,

Kelechi, Daka

Vardy for Kel on 65.  Vardy, I want 25 mins of 2015/16 Vardy aggression and stretching the defence.

Albrighton for JJ on 69 mins, move to a back 4 and stick Albrighton on the right. Madders out left for a few mins.

Stop ****ing about with playing Vardy isolated up top from the start.  He can't do it.

Drop Youri, he would have struggled to pass urine last night, let alone an 8-yard ball.

Ward looks like a confused fat girl that's lost a hideous amount of weight and their once 'pretty-for-a-fat-bird' face, now makes them look like the confused local inbred bin-head.

Stop asking KDH to move forward with the ball, he hasn't got that final third passing finesse.  He needs to be deeper in midfield. 

I want Castagne and Thomas bombing on for Iversen to hit them with through balls.

Thomas!? Did you not watch the game yesterday? Deer caught in headlights! 

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Someone who publically goes on to say that the same squad which has gone on to finish 5th twice and win an FA Cup isn't good enough for anything more than a relegation scrap just a year later deserves immediate sacking.

If I'm a Leicester player right now, I'm telling my agent to start looking for interested clubs. We can't let Brendan sour our squad to the point a majority of the actually decent remaining players want out

I’m completely with you mate, but I feel like it’s all irrelevant. All Top seems to be bothered about at the moment is finances, and Brendan knows it. I honestly believe Top thinks we’re not gonna go down. But if we have an abysmal next few games, he’s going to have to pull his finger out.

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Five more games? What if we lose the next three? We would be on one point from 8 league games, completely cut adrift at the bottom of the table. 

Tops gambling at the minute that Brendan can turn it around - and he gets to save his money…

Just now, hejammy said:

And the goal that was given away? Where was he? 

Same place everyone else was up the field for wards kick that no one challenged for because they were all offside. Only Ndidi stayed back there were alot of people to blame for that goal definately not just Thomas's fault. 

He had a generally good game looked much stronger and more aggressive than he has previously and made some very good tackles. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

While I'm no fan of him, Brendan could take a cue from Boris' boosterism.

He needs to change the narrative immediately from 'woe is me', 'my squad isn't good enough' to something like "There's no denying it's been a difficult period for me, the players and the club. But this is a still a brilliant club with some of the country's top talents. We know we can do better and my focus is getting the best out of the players I have. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes are top players etc."

Make the players feel great, it's simple stuff but he's in a downward spiral. 

This. It's not difficult is it.

Firing shots at the players and ownership just to manage his own reputation does no good to the club whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh bugger... Just seeing on the BBC site a transcript of the press conference.... By definition of more incoming Bull  Sh*t from the Tw*t we have him for one more game. 

Lets see how long it takes for him to mention limited transfer activity. 

can only look at the team and what I can control'

Brighton v Leicester (Sun, 14:00 BST)

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City

Wout Faes was the only outfield player Leicester signed this summer and manager Brendan Rodgers said: "I'm in the know within the club and frustrated for the supporters outside who aren't.

"They see all the other teams getting lots of players in and we're not getting any so there's that little sense of frustration. But I can only look at the team and what I can control.

"For the first game here against Brentford we were excellent for an hour and we should have won the game but ended up drawing.

"Against Southampton we played really well, it's 1-0 and we somehow found a way to lose. At Arsenal we were beaten by the better team. Chelsea we should have got something from and then against Manchester United I thought we deserved something.

"It's not as though the players are downing tools. We're giving everything but we're making some mistakes and lacking quality in certain areas."

There go didn't take long, oh and a lack of quality kick in the teeth for good measure 

15 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Iversen,

Soumare, KDH,

Madders,

Kelechi, Daka

Great in theory but you can't plan subs, you have to react to how the game is going. This is what Rodgers can't seem to do. He should have pulled KDH and or Youri off last night not long after the break, they were both playing shite. Praet, Perez, Albrighton all unused and Daka all sat on the bench too long.