Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

I’ve missed this, what was the vardy photo? 

The photo was of Vardy glaring menacingly at BR after being subbed. It's been taken out of context imo, Vardy seemed fuming at the decision by the ref to book him for a perfectly good tackle and was subbed immediately after this incident which could explain his face as he was still mad at the ref. Obviously it could also be annoyance aimed at BR but I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The photo was of Vardy glaring menacingly at BR after being subbed. It's been taken out of context imo, Vardy seemed fuming at the decision by the ref to book him for a perfectly good tackle and was subbed immediately after this incident which could explain his face as he was still mad at the ref. Obviously it could also be annoyance aimed at BR but I doubt it.

Someone earlier posted the Soyuncu post of a leaf and some foreign text. You kno what that’s about?

10 minutes ago, hejammy said:

And the goal that was given away? Where was he? 

Both full backs were poor, both are extremely naive and average players. In Justin's case, he has gone downhill massively after a promising start maybe due to his bad injury, but he's always been a lot  better going forward than defending. Thomas tries hard and would run through a wall for the team but he's just not quite good enough unfortunately, no turn of pace, no right foot, not strong enough. It was odd Castagne got pulled, I thought Justin has been far the worst of the two full backs so far this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jmono84 said:

Someone earlier posted the Soyuncu post of a leaf and some foreign text. You kno what that’s about?

He posted a pic on his insta and translates as something about success coming through patience. Very cryptic, could mean patience til the end of the season or January so he can move on, patience that if he keeps training he can get picked, or patience that BR will be sacked soon and he can win his place back.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

wait wait wait, we can’t move in from this yet. “Fofana was a guy who came off the streets”? 😂😂😂 WTAF he was playing top tier french football against psg a few days before he moved here 

I was yelling that at the TV last night after he’d said “we bought Wesley here when nobody had heard of him”….. yes he was so unknown that we randomly paid £30m!!! 

(Notice the “we” as it was a good recruitment decision he was included in that one!) 

Edited by 5waller5

Just now, 5waller5 said:

I was yelling that at the TV last night after he’d said “we bought Wesley here when nobody had heard of him”….. yes he was so unknown that we randomly paid £30m!!! 

Me too. He just won the ****ing French cup lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Same place everyone else was up the field for wards kick that no one challenged for because they were all offside. Only Ndidi stayed back there were alot of people to blame for that goal definately not just Thomas's fault. 

He had a generally good game looked much stronger and more aggressive than he has previously and made some very good tackles. 

I'm honestly a bit confused that we watched the same game. He didn't look strong, hardly aggressive and I can't actually think of 1 good tackle he made. He lost the ball multiple times and was caught out of position numerous times. I'm not saying he was to blame for the defeat but I would say he was the worst player on the pitch yesterday, certainly in the bottom 3.

Banging on about not changing the starting 11 much over 3.5 years, why’s he acting as if our strongest 11 is crap.

Due to contract situations we are bound to see quite a few changes next summer, the majority of our current squad however, managed to finish 5th twice, 8th and win a FA Cup.

Our current strongest 11 on paper...

Ward

Castagne - Faes/Soyuncu - Evans - Justin

Tielemans - Ndidi - KDH

Maddison - Vardy - Barnes

When that team is on form and firing, that team is capable of finishing top half. At their best how many changes would people make to that team? Me personally, I’d be changing one and that’s the goalkeeper.

He is failing to get the best out of a team that is clearly capable of finishing top half, it’s not about not being backed in the transfer market, we’ve done that and his BFF Lee Congerton like other clubs he’s been at has fvcked us over. 

What we are seeing on the pitch is the main reason for our current failings, this boring, unimaginative, stale brand of football along with Brendan’s negativity is killing the soul of this football club. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm honestly a bit confused that we watched the same game. He didn't look strong, hardly aggressive and I can't actually think of 1 good tackle he made. He lost the ball multiple times and was caught out of position numerous times. I'm not saying he was to blame for the defeat but I would say he was the worst player on the pitch yesterday, certainly in the bottom 3.

OK mate. 

2 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Yowzer! Yeah I can't follow you down that rabbit hole.

Let's say you have 60m and decide to invest 50m in artwork. Your partner knows a bit about art. Do you let them spend the 50m for you? 

Would you heck as like. You would get opinions from all over the place. Make sure that investment was rock solid. 

Ahh thats the moot point, opinions and advice yes but was "elite coach" Rodgers given final say on recruitment?

Are you sayng that Rodgers knows "a bit" about football??

The evidence says also that last years investments were in general the opposite of rock solid!

Who on earth would Top trust more than  his own "elite" manager

Given Top's clear (understandable) desperation to hold onto Rodgers at the time l think he gave him carte blanche and having witnessed the man's powers of persuasion its easy to see why.

I think we must agree to disagree FLINTHAMFC except that l do agree that Rodgers does know "a bit" about football.

(and a great deal about spin).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’ve missed this, what was the vardy photo? 

Wouldn't really read too much into that. He'd just come off fuming as to why he was carded for a very good challenge. A snapshot is never a good indication of the whole picture. But saying that, who wouldn't be pissed at BR right now

• Like 1

One of these three reasons I expect he is still here.

1 - Top just cant make the decision.  He is a very young chairman thrown in at the deep end due to bad circumstances.  

2 - KP cant stomach paying him on gardening leave, we know how tough they negotiate on every transfer, of course if we get relegated the cash injection required will make this seem like pocket change.  (remember we borrowed against future tv monies).

3 - Decision has been made but want to get the replacement ready before putting it all into action.

Really hope its #3.

I think he will be in charge for the Brighton game, he would have already gone now otherwise.  The problem if its #1 every time we get any points it will make Top even more indecisive.

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Both full backs were poor, both are extremely naive and average players. In Justin's case, he has gone downhill massively after a promising start maybe due to his bad injury, but he's always been a lot  better going forward than defending. Thomas tries hard and would run through a wall for the team but he's just not quite good enough unfortunately, no turn of pace, no right foot, not strong enough. It was odd Castagne got pulled, I thought Justin has been far the worst of the two full backs so far this season.

Are we right to blame the players? If they were simply required to play as defenders who occasionally overlap - would they be performing okay? Isn’t it that BR wants his full backs playing like TAA and Cancelo which means they prioritise  their attacking roles which is one reason the defence is so poor? He wants Ihenacho to be a better defender even though he’s full of goals and assists, and wants Ndidi to be Cambiasso even though he’s one of the best defensive CMs in the world (or was).

This constant complication of individual roles means everyone or nearly everyone is struggling to play as the manager wants. It’s a simple game and if most players win their individual battles you end up winning games. Soumare, Praet, Perez - how many times have they been played in their best position? This is why I’m reluctant to slag the players  - they mostly seem perfectly good players but they’re always being asked to adapt to the Rodgers system. 

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, hejammy said:

And the goal that was given away? Where was he? 

...he was caught out because when Ward sent the long ball forward, three of our players were offside and none of them made an effort to play the ball!!!

United had the opportunity to counter and we were then in big trouble. with Thomas now upfield and out of position. If any of our players had gone to play the ball, it would have been flagged as offside, where United may have had to take a free kick, allowing Thomas to get back in position, or the referee could have said "play on.."  where we would have experienced the same situation that led to the goal.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Are we right to blame the players? If they were simply required to play as defenders who occasionally overlap - would they be performing okay? Isn’t it that BR wants his full backs playing like TAA and Cancelo which means they prioritise  their attacking roles which is one reason the defence is so poor? He wants Ihenacho to be a better defender even though he’s full of goals and assists, and wants Ndidi to be Cambiasso even though he’s one of the best defensive CMs in the world (or was).

This constant complication of individual roles means everyone or nearly everyone is struggling to play as the manager wants. It’s a simple game and if most players win their individual battles you end up winning games. Soumare, Praet, Perez - how many times have they been played in their best position? This is why I’m reluctant to slag the players  - they mostly seem perfectly good players but they’re always being asked to adapt to the Rodgers system. 

I know exactly what you mean. Justin did have to play almost as a right mid and a full back last night it was ridiculous. Soumare just looks better than Wilf with the ball, which isn't saying much but if Wilf was simply a destroyer like he should be we might see the best of him. I agree to an extent but I do think we have a lot of average players who are playing with no confidence.