Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he was caught out because when Ward sent the long ball forward, three of our players were offside and none of them made an effort to play the ball!!!

United had the opportunity to counter and we were then in big trouble. If any of our players had gone to play the ball, it would have been flagged as offside where United may have had to take a free kick, allowing Thomas to get back in position, or the referee could have said "play on.."  where we would have experienced the same situation that led to the goal.

Why was he there in the first place? He lost the ball which led to us going back to Ward and then he made no effort to get back into position. 

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he was caught out because when Ward sent the long ball forward, three of our players were offside and none of them made an effort to play the ball!!!

United had the opportunity to counter and we were then in big trouble. with Thomas now upfield and out of position. If any of our players had gone to play the ball, it would have been flagged as offside, where United may have had to take a free kick, allowing Thomas to get back in position, or the referee could have said "play on.."  where we would have experienced the same situation that led to the goal.

Exactly and its not like Thomas was the only one to push up all but one of our players did. Blaming Thomas alone is just wrong

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats the 101 on how to get relegated, give a manager who has been under performing for circa 50 games 8 games into a new season at which point cut adrift and less time for a new manager to turn it around.  I keep asking the question on here, why do these managers get given more time, perhaps you answer it.

What have you seen that we havent on making it worth giving him 5 more games?

Its already untenable, half the squad he has cut off, attacking the clubs transfer policy for weeks, and the majority of supporters against him.

If this form continues then we'll be practically relegated 15 games into the season as I dont think we could turn around that form into 30+ points in 23 games. Giving him 5 more games is cutting it way too close.

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I disagree... Get him gone (and the crap coaching team that came with him) and the collective sigh of relief would  hopefully free us. It did when Puel got the boot, just removing his toxic influence would be a start.  Bring in some caretakers from established staff within the club to cover short term. Surely they couldn't do a worse job? 

Totally agree.

Worse than 4 consecutive losses and briefing against everyone who isn't Brendan Rodgers

Discounting goals conceded?

hmmmm.... difficult 🤔

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_comica_cartoon1662128424565.jpg

• Haha 1

I think it's fair to give him a few games now that the distraction of the transfer window has gone. We've got over the next month Brighton, Villa, Forest and Bournemouth - if we don't both play well and get at least 8-10 points from those, his position would be untenable 

There’s 3 games until the international break at the end of September.

If Brendan somehow manages to magic two wins out of our Brighton and Villa games, he may still be in charge come the Spurs match… but I don’t think he’ll get that far. 

We possibly feel the Brighton games too soon to act now, but will no doubt have started to sound out options because the Villa game looks likely to be the final straw.

18 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I've backed Rodgers so far but his comments have left a sour taste. Deflecting any responsibility he has onto the board.

Getting to the point I'd rather see the back of him

it’s getting to the point i should help my kid use the toilet 

image.gif.2a4893b1b46269e41d6c0eee438cfa58.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He has absolutely no idea. 

Reasons for boos were for him and the poor form. Not all about transfers. But if so, his transfers! 

He’s like a broken record, can he speak without throwing that dig in there. He’s basically suggesting the boos are for the board which is f***ing disrespectful again. The crowd need to be clear through what is sung/banner (not a fan of this in general but given how he is deflecting). Needs to be to a point he can’t deflect any more!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pkonline said:

I think it's fair to give him a few games now that the distraction of the transfer window has gone. We've got over the next month Brighton, Villa, Forest and Bournemouth - if we don't both play well and get at least 8-10 points from those, his position would be untenable 

Can’t see him getting past the Villa game, he HAS to win atleast one of Brighton or Villa at home, if he fails in both of those games then he has to go.

Work with a Liverpool fan, he basically just told me how he see's Rodgers and what happened during the Liverpool reign...

I am sure some of you have heard all this before, it's probably more for the ostrichs:

- Did well with the squad he inherited - but is an awful operator in the transfer market

- 6-7 injuries constantly... don't know what him and Klopp do, we had so many muscle injuries

- Made subs at the same time every game, used to wait until around 70mins, then make another 75mins, like clockwork

Sound familiar 

• Like 4

Just now, TMELcfc said:

Work with a Liverpool fan, he basically just told me how he see's Rodgers and what happened during the Liverpool reign...

I am sure some of you have heard all this before, it's probably more for the ostrichs:

- Did well with the squad he inherited - but is an awful operator in the transfer market

- 6-7 injuries constantly... don't know what him and Klopp do, we had so many muscle injuries

- Made subs at the same time every game, used to wait until around 70mins, then make another 75mins, like clockwork

Sound familiar 

My Liverpool fan mates have been telling me this for 2 years but I stupidly made excuses for him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

He’s like a broken record, can he speak without throwing that dig in there. He’s basically suggesting the boos are for the board which is f***ing disrespectful again. The crowd need to be clear through what is sung/banner (not a fan of this in general but given how he is deflecting). Needs to be to a point he can’t deflect any more!

Exactly. He’s so slippery. We need to make it clear who we’re booing. 

Chris Sutton commenting on the Brighton match "Brendan Rodgers is not a happy man and does not appear to be on the same wavelength as Leicester's owner. It is not the same as an attack like Scott Parker did before he was sacked by Bournemouth, but things are not right. It now depends if Rodgers is going to sit it out and lower expectations, but I don't think he is that type of character."

Edited by J. James
Typo
  • Like 1