Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

To be fair, Fofana did say it in 2021.

A quick Google... 

He's supporting me all the time. We'll say he's a ‘papa poule’.” 

In helping Fofana adjust to life in a new country and football in a new league, Rodgers has been what the Frenchman calls a ‘papa poule’, which literally translates as ‘father hen’.

It’s used in French to describe a doting, protective dad, and was a role that Rodgers took on immediately to sell the City project to Fofana.

“I had discussed with him before arriving, when we were negotiating between Leicester and Saint-Etienne,” Fofana told Canal Plus in France. “Straight away, I was gripped by the project, I wanted to come.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-wesley-fofanas-father-5299391.amp

🤢🤢🤢🤢

4 minutes ago, J. James said:

Chris Sutton commenting on the Brighton match "Brendan Rodgers is not a happy man and does not appear to be on the same wavelength as Leicester's owner. It is not the same as an attack like Scott Parker did before he was sacked by Bournemouth, but things are not right. It now depends if Rodgers is going to sit it out and lower expectations, but I don't think he is that type of character."

Despite him being exactly that type of character? He's lowered expectations for two years.

What type of character is he then ?

We already know he is stubborn to a great degree, does not admit mistakes of his own, is an externaliser ( that is he tries to blame everyone else for his own mistakes) and tries the same things over and over again and expects a different result.

He also is an excellent pr manipulator for his own benefit.

Seems very similar to Narcissistic personality disorder to me.

No manager is bigger than the club the way he acts his demeanour deserves to be sacked for that alone not just the results. He’s just constantly whining, just do your f**king job, we have got the players do significantly better.

46 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats the 101 on how to get relegated, give a manager who has been under performing for circa 50 games 8 games into a new season at which point cut adrift and less time for a new manager to turn it around.  I keep asking the question on here, why do these managers get given more time, perhaps you answer it.

What have you seen that we havent on making it worth giving him 5 more games?

Its already untenable, half the squad he has cut off, attacking the clubs transfer policy for weeks, and the majority of supporters against him.

Just had a look at the table and the relegation betting, I've only included clubs that have an implied >10% of being relegated.

Already at least 6pts behind the top four in this group, Villa game is massive.

Leeds 8pts

Fulham 8pts

Southampton 7pts

Brentford 7pts

Forest 4pts

Bournemouth 4pts

Everton 3pts

------------------------------------

Wolves 3pts

Villa 3pts

Leicester 1pt

47 minutes ago, pkonline said:

I think it's fair to give him a few games now that the distraction of the transfer window has gone. We've got over the next month Brighton, Villa, Forest and Bournemouth - if we don't both play well and get at least 8-10 points from those, his position would be untenable 

He's done here, the only thing keeping him clinging on is the board probably haven't got his replacement in place and the hope Villa come in for him to save on a huge payout.

Those words last night were from a man who was all out protecting his own reputation rather than trying to turn the club around. He's already condemned now the question is timing of when to pull the trigger.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, enmac said:

Darren Bent just said that BR wants the sack on Talksport. 

I've always loved Darren Bent, great thinker, and his comments are so well thought out.. 

Naaaeer, I made that up (sorry BigMicky😋) but I totally agree with him and glad someone has had the guts to voice it instead of feeding his excuses. 

I’ve been critical of media pals sticking up for him, not willing to ask tough questions of him.

You’ve still got them, Savage, Rio, Sherwood, Sutton (weird as he had a witch-hunt against joke when he first come here, now he’ll not have a bad word said against him), and journo’s, the list goes on.

However I have noticed a shift in certain parts of the media that are coming to terms with the situation, looking at the bigger picture, they’re calling him out, they are asking how much longer he’s got and/or questioning his desire for the job - hopefully more get on board with that way of seeing it.

Brendan’s certainly rattled.

Edited by Matt

He very clearly doesn't want the job - just the money by way of a pay off.

Every professional in the sport knows you cannot talk about your owners the way he has without getting the sack and he's been trying to get Scott Parkered since before Scott Parker. Every game he hits the same message a bit more on the nose. We're about 3 games away from him questioning the boards competence outright.

The fact he is still here is an embarrassment to our club at the moment and doesn't paint the leadership in a very strong light.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

darren bent is decent on talksport. seems to have at least some knowledge of other clubs outside of the usual top six.

To be fair to him he is a decent bloke and really knowledgeable about all levels of football from grass roots through to the premier league. He could talk football all day long. My lad plays with his son at youth level and he is one of those ex pros that are really down to earth. 

Top bloke

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Honestly cannot believe he’s still here

I’ve up hope now. Just accept it’s terminal. 

Me neither. Really disappointed with Top and the board, poor from them - The poor performances have been happening for a while now, and at the back end of last season there were boo's and murmurs of discontent from the stands... it has continued, we are bottom of the league, with very little fight in us, he is throwing insults out to players and the people above him, yet he is still here. 
Even he himself sounded like he was giving a resignation speech, yet he is STILL EFFING HERE!!! 

I'm done, thought it would be so much better than this and we'd push on again. 

However, something isn't right behind the scenes in so many ways, no money, unsettled squad, shit recruitment, the new manager has a lot of work to do