Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

A good, if not a little harsh, article. Rodgers inability to develop players has been touched upon in a number of posts on here. I think I referred to it as a contradiction at the heart of the club. That is, the club's model is apparently to buy/develop players - something Rodgers prides himself but is seemingly hit-and-miss at in practice.

• Like 3

Please go Rodgers, I'm beginning to hate you...and do it fooking quickly.

Does he come on here and read this, if so I reckon he would look at the number of pages and think "they love me here"...

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 2

Perhaps the owners are holding their nerve and hoping that Villa can do us a massive favour and save us about £20m plus whatever compensation we could get. 

We could waive the compensation. Just this once.

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Floridafox said:

After the international break, that's a fairly decent run of fixtures for a new manager 

I was thinking the same. The first one is against Forest, and we must win that, no excuses, no exceptions. A new manager bounce for that game would be nice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

If Villa sack Gerrard, Rodgers will be high on their list. Perhaps the owners are holding their nerve and hoping that Villa can do us a massive favour and save us about £20m plus whatever compensation we could get. 

Dangerous game if that’s what we are doing. No guarantee anyone else will fancy him - anyone who can see beyond his rhetoric that is 

44 minutes ago, ttfn said:

He knows it’s about what’s happening on the pitch, he’s spinning a tale to the media.

The idea that the fans were booing because they couldn't see Jeremie Boga sat on the bench is spot on, for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

If Villa sack Gerrard, Rodgers will be high on their list. Perhaps the owners are holding their nerve and hoping that Villa can do us a massive favour and save us about £20m plus whatever compensation we could get. 

Any idea how much it will cost to sack Gerrard?

I'd love to see what bullshit Rodgers spouts when the owners do finally pull the trigger. And that's a strong 'when' as opposed to if. 

No doubt it'll be very selfish, woe-is-me, 'I was hard done by after all the success I brought to the club' disingenuous shite.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I'd love to see what bullshit Rodgers spouts when the owners do finally pull the trigger. And that's a strong 'when' as opposed to if. 

No doubt it'll be very selfish, woe-is-me, 'I was hard done by after all the success I brought to the club' disingenuous shite.

Yup and the media will lap it up and spit it back at us. Repeat offenders, sacking Ranieri after the title win and Todgers after his FA Cup success. You can feel the narrative. 

Personally don’t care. Just sack the idiot. 

• Like 1

Only a couple more weeks ago, I mocked the notion that somehow Ridgers was self sabotaging out of spite and/or the club were playing machiavellian games to oust him. 

Now, I'm questioning that derisory post I made. 

I'm actually starting to wonder if he has some sort of syndrome. Some extreme narcissistic rage and is prepared to take us down out of spite/cruelty. His comments, tactics, team selection, player fuedd and, worst of all, his  lack of humilty and accountability suggest - as absurd as it seems to write- he's gone doolally

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Yup and the media will lap it up and spit it back at us. Repeat offenders, sacking Ranieri after the title win and Todgers after his FA Cup success. You can feel the narrative. 

Personally don’t care. Just sack the idiot. 

Yep. They'll ignore the inner workings of what's actually happened and totally miss the nuance of it all. 

3 hours ago, pkonline said:

I think it's fair to give him a few games now that the distraction of the transfer window has gone. We've got over the next month Brighton, Villa, Forest and Bournemouth - if we don't both play well and get at least 8-10 points from those, his position would be untenable 

Jesus you'd be a car salesmans dream if you believe his BS yet again!

He'll have a ready made bunch of fall guys when he continues to fail and many others will say precisely what you've just said.. Give him a few more games.

Games we cannot afford to waste.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yep. They'll ignore the inner workings of what's actually happened and totally miss the nuance of it all. 

Indeed. The media don’t do nuance because they judge that the great unwashed need slapping between the eyes with FACTS. 

Media are not worth bothering with anymore, lies, agendas and narratives serving god knows what or who.