Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

I think evidently the owners, board and manager all gambled on last year. Unfortunately it didn’t come off for a variety of reasons, from injuries (unexpected and negligent), to luck, to coaching, tactics and performance. We’re now paying the price for that. That’s not a problem. 

The problem is the coach and his staff as a collective are responsible for being proactive and making the best of the squad. That is obviously not happening and hasn’t been happening for some time. As others have already said countless times the coach instead of encouraging is lashing out. Maybe he’s already tried the unity tactic, we don’t know.

While some hate the coach, I don’t. He’s brought some of the best times we will experience. But his position is untenable and he has to go. It’s a shame it’s had to end this way, but this can’t go on. Like I’m the games before Ranieri left, there is very little I can see from Rodgers that will make the team turn up.

Nicely put.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I can understand with the narrative out there that giving him a 10-game period will not come across as being trigger-happy!!!

Sod the media and how we are perceived.. If we give him another 5 games 17th spot becomes a monumental task for the next manager. 

Personality I would sack the clown then in his 'good bye, thanks, but don't let the door hit your arse on the way out' announcement explain as many of the truth's that grind our gears but media choose too skirt over in their Rodgers love fest.

I appreciate its incredibly hard to do so, as the sacking club can just be seen a coming over as bitter etc. (hence these types of announcements are normally quite flowery) but a mention of the poor form spaning more than this season, as the past results and post match stats everyone can see back this up, but most importantly cover the reasoning for the lack of transfers (it is known why by anyone willing to spend 10 mins on this forum, but its the biggest issue skirted over by the media, so we're not airing dirty laundry so to speak) it was Rodgers biggest weapon he used  in his excuse list, so lets use it against him. 

Yes the above is very nieve and would never happen, but I feel a whole lot better now that its off my chest and used as therapeutic catharsis. 

I thank you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I think evidently the owners, board and manager all gambled on last year. Unfortunately it didn’t come off for a variety of reasons, from injuries (unexpected and negligent), to luck, to coaching, tactics and performance. We’re now paying the price for that. That’s not a problem. 

The problem is the coach and his staff as a collective are responsible for being proactive and making the best of the squad. That is obviously not happening and hasn’t been happening for some time. As others have already said countless times the coach instead of encouraging is lashing out. Maybe he’s already tried the unity tactic, we don’t know.

While some hate the coach, I don’t. He’s brought some of the best times we will experience. But his position is untenable and he has to go. It’s a shame it’s had to end this way, but this can’t go on. Like I’m the games before Ranieri left, there is very little I can see from Rodgers that will make the team turn up.

This is where I'm at.

lol What are we doing, why is he still here? It's like we have to wait for planets to align or for there to be an esoteric date to come up or something, just sack him. It's over, he can't improve the situation here, we're bottom of the table! Go!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

His constant criticism of players in public is what grates on me the most.

At a time where we need to show togetherness (and they're actually his words on BBC RL), and get behind everyone, he should probably practice what he preaches. 

I don't mind if every once in a very long while a manager gets frustrated with a player, gives them a kick up the backside, give them a bit of tough love. That's warranted and can happen.

What shouldn't happen, and what Rodgers is guilty of, is totally alienating a player and crushing their confidence. On more than one occasion and with different players. It's soul-crushing. For us, let alone the players.

And goes against what he says - how can he expect us to show togetherness when he doesn't show it himself. 

He just doesn't have any humility in him, there's no accountability, responsibility, owning his own shortcomings, awareness or leadership about him. Again, ironic considering he says we lack leadership on the pitch and that's why Faes was brought in. 

I can't see any positives in him any more. And as a result, I don't see what positives he can bring the club any more. His own malaise he has with the club has filtered out into his management. 

He needs to go. Everyone's hope (as is mine) is that a new manager will just be a big breath of fresh air. For the club, the fans, the players, even the owners perhaps. And the knock-on effect of that is that hopefully the key assets feel like they want to stay. It worries me that if Rodgers stays, players like Maddison and Tielemans just feel like leaving even more and push even more to find a new club. Maybe that's why they're holding off on their new contracts - they perhaps wait for another manager to come in before 'committing'.

We need a reset and that starts with the manager. 

Great post mate, a very succinct way to put how many of us are feeling I feel. I'm never one to jump on the 'get out of our club' bandwagon, but his constant hipocrasy , from leadership to his alleged strength of developing players, at this point it feels like he's been found out. A shame, I have no real issues with the guy as a person like some seem too, but the facts are that on the pitch it hasn't been right for a long time and that's always a geniune reason to start looking at someone new.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Sod the media and how we are perceived.. If we give him another 5 games 17th spot becomes a monumental task for the next manager. 

Personality I would sack the clown then in his 'good bye, thanks, but don't let the door hit your arse on the way out' announcement explain as many of the truth's that grind our gears but media choose too skirt over in their Rodgers love fest.

I appreciate its incredibly hard to do so, as the sacking club can just be seen a coming over as bitter etc. (hence these types of announcements are normally quite flowery) but a mention of the poor form spaning more than this season, as the past results and post match stats everyone can see back this up, but most importantly cover the reasoning for the lack of transfers (it is known why by anyone willing to spend 10 mins on this forum, but its the biggest issue skirted over by the media, so we're not airing dirty laundry so to speak) it was Rodgers biggest weapon he used  in his excuse list, so lets use it against him. 

Yes the above is very nieve and would never happen, but I feel a whole lot better now that its off my chest and used as therapeutic catharsis. 

I thank you. 

I posted something similar earlier. We know how the narrative will be spun so trying to gain some control of that back without seeming bitter. Something like the club has to dial back to retain sustainability after heavy backing of the manager in previous windows. Due to this the club have decided it is necessary to bring in a new face who is able to work with the squad available for the season. 

That seems fair and not resorting to his leave but reiterates to national media the financial situation, the fact he has been back for those with memories longer than a goldfish and the fact he has refused to work with the squad as it is.

• Like 1

Is there anyone left that wants this man still in charge? I was at the end, prepared to overlook the stats as I'd felt he'd earned some leeway. But the Southampton straw cracked my camel's back....last night absolutely snapped it. 

If the fanbase is virtually unanimous in wanting his removal and the board are frozen by indecision, we need to force a coup d'etat (of the manager's post) Regardless of the Brighton result a loud and clear continued protest against Rodgers is needed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats the 101 on how to get relegated, give a manager who has been under performing for circa 50 games 8 games into a new season at which point cut adrift and less time for a new manager to turn it around.  I keep asking the question on here, why do these managers get given more time, perhaps you answer it.

What have you seen that we havent on making it worth giving him 5 more games?

Its already untenable, half the squad he has cut off, attacking the clubs transfer policy for weeks, and the majority of supporters against him.

This is what I said I believe will happen…

What I want to happen and what I think will are two different things…

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Very nicely put.

I still remember the pre-season games. We looked so good, until Fofana’s injury. We had a great chance to build on from 5th. Then we had to spend the money evidently now we didn’t have on Vesty on huge wages which perhaps took us over the edge (I want to know who made the decision - if it was Rodgers then he has no excuse; just like how he bought Perez, Praet and Soumare and then not use them but Vesty is the worst of the lot as the bloke is just a slow moving train).

Then we were also very unlucky with injuries to Barnes, Ricardo, Evans, etc. It was horrible.

We did gamble but it didn’t pay off and Rodgers couldn't adjust his stubborn ways leading to a poor season where we still finished 8th.

We still have a good squad, but as you say instead of encouraging Rodgers is evidently only interested in self preservation at the expense of the club, the players and the family culture of the club that was hard to build. 

Edited by Tom12345

59 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Great post mate, a very succinct way to put how many of us are feeling I feel. I'm never one to jump on the 'get out of our club' bandwagon, but his constant hipocrasy , from leadership to his alleged strength of developing players, at this point it feels like he's been found out. A shame, I have no real issues with the guy as a person like some seem too, but the facts are that on the pitch it hasn't been right for a long time and that's always a geniune reason to start looking at someone new.

Vesus Southampton. They got hammered a few times 9-0s. Their manager is still there but everytime he expressly took responsibility. Yes he shouted at the players but he led by example by taking personal responsibility. The club didn’t sack him and I am amaze how their manager could turn things around each time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Vesus Southampton. They got hammered a few times 9-0s. Their manager is still there but everytime he expressly took responsibility. Yes he shouted at the players but he led by example by taking personal responsibility. The club didn’t sack him and I am amaze how their manager could turn things around each time. 

Well he did get rid of the 2 players that were part of the worst defense in the league...Vesty and Bertrand and sell them to us 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Lookman a key player. What’s this clown talking about? 

Perhaps if he didn’t waste £100odd million on crap he wouldn’t be sat in that seat saying that. 

So sorry Brendan, you’ve only got yourself to blame.