Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, itude said:

Realistically ?

Come to some form of arrangment, leave by "mutual consent"

This stand off is doing no good, give whoever takes over as much time as possible to sort this mess out.

If his deal is 25 million then they need to offer him a settlement that’s best for all parties, maybe reduced if he gets a another club. If he wants to go then he’ll negotiate 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He was awarded a contract, who in their right mind would walk away from that? 

Much blame is being placed at his signings but how much crap did Ranieri sign, or Puel? 

maybe Rodger’s wanted to sign lookman, or wanted us to hold on to fofana in the belief he’d play once the window was shut, there could be more to this than meets the eye for me.

I think he needs to move on but the club has to negotiate an exit fee as is his right, or put him on gardening leave.

He'd walk into another job soon enough anyway. I'm not saying Rodgers is fully to blame but I don't like the way how he constantly deflects blame either onto the players or the board. He is all about looking after brand Rodgers and doesn't give 2 fcks about LCFC

Whatever the way, I think its time to do it.

His comments are sounding more and more like "come on then sack me" ones

His behaviour is similar to his last Celtic days, as evidenced by the Celtic fans comments I posted above.

Whoever is to blame, and we can argue about that all day, its reached the point where it is toxic to everyone.

It has to end, and soon. I hope the board and owner are working on this, and a replacement..now !

If they are not, then they are simply burying their heads in the sand and waiting for a "miracle"

33 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

We’ve got a game in 2 days, what’s the point in sacking him right now, today, if we haven’t got a replacement lined up?

The assistant manager and support staff will step in for a few games as has happened in the past, and it's hard to see them doing as badly as Rodgers.

Whether Rogers stays or goes we have to support the team as we desperately need points! There needs to be more Fight.

We can be that kick up the back side for them. 
can’t afford to sit around slagging Rogers off as that’s not helping. I’m tired of the drama. Judas wes has gone along with his muck spreader agent. Let’s move on and welcome our new defender. He’s fresh and untainted let’s give him the mojo to kick the rest of his team mates into gear. Brighton looks a long shot but this team has to find the balls to put in a real 90’ performance if they want to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Gardening leave or mutual termination are the only likely outcomes. Wouldn't surprise me if Rudkin wasn't even aware of the option of gardening leave.

I know gardening leave spreads the cost out, but I wouldn’t put it past this cnt to see out the entirety of his employment on gardening leave. He genuinely looks done, spent and knackered. Needs some time away from the game, and what better way to do that than doing fek all and getting paid handsomely for it. None of the big clubs are going to come calling, so in England it’s only going to be a club like Villa or Everton that will take a punt, and I’m not convinced he’s up for that anymore. We are nice compared to those fans. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Seriously though, why are you blaming Rodger’s, it’s not a good place if he wants the sack and it’s even worse that the club have got us into that position. 

what do you think Rodger’s should do, walk away from his contract because we think he’s made some crap signings and isn’t very good tactically? 

The fact that we've only one point, bottom of the table after abject displays, not a good enough reason?

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Whether Rogers stays or goes we have to support the team as we desperately need points! There needs to be more Fight.

We can be that kick up the back side for them. 
can’t afford to sit around slagging Rogers off as that’s not helping. I’m tired of the drama. Judas wes has gone along with his muck spreader agent. Let’s move on and welcome our new defender. He’s fresh and untainted let’s give him the mojo to kick the rest of his team mates into gear. Brighton looks a long shot but this team has to find the balls to put in a real 90’ performance if they want to.

Can we really afford to just sit around, support, and hope for the best then ?

There is a time when you need to make your feelings clear, I don't feel like  fiddling whilst the club burns, and at the moment that  feels like that is what is happening.

Not as if there isn't plenty of evidence to back that up, is it ?

There comes a time when just "getting behind the team" seems silly.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

He'd walk into another job soon enough anyway. I'm not saying Rodgers is fully to blame but I don't like the way how he constantly deflects blame either onto the players or the board. He is all about looking after brand Rodgers and doesn't give 2 fcks about LCFC

Hate to tell you but that’s the modern game, there aren’t many managers or players at the top level that do. That’s been our problem, we’ve come to realise we are just a stepping stone. We could go into the debate of who’s fault it was we missed out on top 4 twice but I think even with CL football we’d be no better off now, it’s a shame but I’m beginning to see what was meant by us over achieving, we just can’t compete at those levels and I think the club lost its minds with wages and contracts on an impossible dream and now it’s time for a refresh with lessons learned. 

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

The fact that we've only one point, bottom of the table after abject displays, not a good enough reason?

To walk away? Who was the last manager to walk away from a contract?

Also you realise we’re weaker than last season when all the teams around us have got stronger?

44 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

We’ve got a game in 2 days, what’s the point in sacking him right now, today, if we haven’t got a replacement lined up?

Because the situation is toxic right now and under Rodgers we'll go to Brighton with the same formation and tactics that are not working. We're gonna get battered 3-0 and he'll get the sack next morning.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Because he’s lost the dressing room and he is in some weird kamikaze mode bringing the team down with him. Do you really think any quality reflection has gone on since the Man U game? The rest of the management team can deal with it all from here for Brighton. I strongly doubt he’s bringing any value at all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

How do you know he’s not doing his job? He wouldn’t be the first manager to call out the board for a lack of signings. The club should negotiate to move him on but Rodger’s is entitled to say the things he says if that’s what he believes. It sounds like a breakdown in the relationship has occurred because they’re not on the same page, but Rodger’s position in this is not Rodger’s fault is it?

Of course it is. You’re making it out like he has no choice ? He has a choice, right ? 

I strongly disagree that a manager who was happy to admit not so long ago that he had final sign off on transfer is now claiming that the first 11 hasn’t improved as a defence. 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Seriously though, why are you blaming Rodger’s, it’s not a good place if he wants the sack and it’s even worse that the club have got us into that position. 

what do you think Rodger’s should do, walk away from his contract because we think he’s made some crap signings and isn’t very good tactically? 

He should walk away because he is failing abjectly and can do nothing to correct it.

He could've even just shown a shred of integrity at any point and admitted some fault. At least then he would instantly have gained some respect for being honest, somewhere along the line.

He has brought us all some fantastic memories and I hate that this is how things have turned out. After our FA Cup, 5th and a Charity Shield, things all seemed so bright. But it has been a fairly straight decline since then and the sad truth is the bloke is a snake oil salesman. He will say anything to prevent damage to his image.

What's happening now is not our club. This is not Leicester as I know it and love it. This is Brendan Rogers. Brendan is not a part of Leicester City. He is just Brendan Rogers, featuring Leicester City. 

He's obviously got Sunday. But I really hope that right before it wanks itself silly over a Dutchman and a Spaniard reigniting the 2000s title deciders series, that Sky shows their stupid pundits and everyone else who he has hoodwinked what has happened here.

I hope Top gets this twat out of our club no later than is physically possible and appropriate after a game. Preferably straight after the whistle goes but I guess I could wait until about 6.

The lads will be buzzing to go back to work on Monday. You just wait for the top quality content on Tiktok 👌

TL:DR - I don't like Brendan.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Why is he still in a job? Looking on from the outside, it seems mad. 

....the media narrative is pointing in a different direction regarding our problems at the moment!!!

As a Sunderland supporter, why do you perceive this in a different way and what are the opinions of your fellow supporters as to the reason we are where we are?

19 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Bet he somehow ends up at Chelsea. 
And then sells Fofana, cos he’s a stubborn short man. 

Can you imagine if Chelsea did hire him. Tuchel on his way. Chelsea fans saying how big they are that they took our manager and defender. Smug as anything. Than, Brendan starts managing…..it would be fabulous. 3 at the back as they know it would no longer be 3 at the back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the media narrative is pointing in a different direction regarding our problems at the moment!!!

As a Sunderland supporter, why do you perceive this in a different way and what are the opinions of your fellow supporters as to the reason we are where we are?

The media narrative seems to be shifting. Wonder if Brendan has taken note of it. 

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Of course it is. You’re making it out like he has no choice ? He has a choice, right ? 

I strongly disagree that a manager who was happy to admit not so long ago that he had final sign off on transfer is now claiming that the first 11 hasn’t improved as a defence. 

There have been many managers making signings that haven’t worked out, none of them resign for it though. It’s like expecting Vestegaard to tear up his contract, it just doesn’t happen.