Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Weaker? Yes. 

From back-to-back top five finishes (that should’ve been too four) to relegation fodder? Pull another one.

Bloke has spent £200 million plus, with HIS man as head of recruitment, having personally requested two of the worst defensive signings we’ve made in about a decade at least, if we’re weaker it’s because him and the people he requested be brought in have underperformed, off the pitch as well as clearly on the pitch. 

I said during the summer we could realistically see ourselves fighting relegation and finish below Forest. Both are extremely real prospects now. The bloke is a busted flush, he has a shelf life of two years at any club before he leaves them worse off than before (see: Liverpool & Celtic). He’s living off an FA Cup that Iheanacho’s goals dragged us to the final of and one of the worst VAR calls ever for Chilwell’s goal saved us from yet another textbook Rodgers capitulation. 

The quality of this squad has receded but it’s nothing below a comfortable midtable side, and it’s in no way a relegation side. He’s choosing to play Amartey over Soyuncu ffs and making a sub a game. He’s got no grip on the situation and he’s checked out entirely. Should’ve binned after Forest last season.

This. Just this. 

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

There have been many managers making signings that haven’t worked out, none of them resign for it though. It’s like expecting Vestegaard to tear up his contract, it just doesn’t happen.

I am not asking him to resign for cocking up the signings. Read the words used by the manager in his comments yesterday. HE is calling the club, the owner, players out on not being good enough. In particular his re-fresh. The club is in this position TOGETHER. He doesn’t believe that is the case which is balls. He is not getting the best out of the squad he has which is significantly underachieving right now. AND if he doesn’t buy into the next phase of this project (not saying he has to agree nor am I saying agree with it). Quit or shut up and do your job.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

How do you know he’s not doing his job? He wouldn’t be the first manager to call out the board for a lack of signings. The club should negotiate to move him on but Rodger’s is entitled to say the things he says if that’s what he believes. It sounds like a breakdown in the relationship has occurred because they’re not on the same page, but Rodger’s position in this is not Rodger’s fault is it?

...if you have an issue with not being funded then you knock on the Chairman's door and proceed to have a chat about the situation!!!

You do not voice your opinions to the media unless you are looking to go to war with your club, and it does not help the club or the players to get caught up in this. With the amount of money involved, and if you cannot come to an agreement, you can't walk away (as you would lose a lot of money) or you would be angry having to come in every day to work, for someone you feel does not respect you.

The only option would be to look for an out, and the easiest option is to bring the matter to a head and force the issue. The club, however, is not biting and you wonder how long this is going to drag on, something will have to give!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you have an issue with not being funded then you knock on the Chairman's door and proceed to have a chat about the situation!!!

You do not voice your opinions to the media unless you are looking to go to war with your club, and it does not help the club or the players to get caught up in this. With the amount of money involved, and if you cannot come to an agreement, you can't walk away (as you would lose a lot of money) or you would be angry having to come in every day to work, for someone you feel does not respect you.

The only option would be to look for an out, and the easiest option is to bring the matter to a head and force the issue. The club, however, is not biting and you wonder how long this is going to drag on, something will have to give!!

He probably has voiced his displeasure to the board, there were some rumours they’d have a falling out, but you have to admit it is for the club to act, not Rodger’s. He’s not the first to call out players and the board and he won’t be the last, this is classic Jose isn’t it

• Like 1

I can't help but feel that we have tried to make his position untenable by not backing him in the transfer market so that he walks away. Simply because we have seen how much money he's wasted and have thought you ain't getting another penny out of us. Or they've tried testing him and said to him you're this supposed elite coach, fvcking coach you charlatan.

Unfortunately he's not walked away yet.

So now we're left with this stand off situation. Where the club are saying we ain't paying you money to fvck off.

Either that or I've run out or ideas of why he is still fvcking here!!! So now my brain is trying to justify the situation.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Manager come in and in January get heavily backed, or I'm just thinking wishfully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He has been backed. Most of what he signed was dross that he is unable to integrate into the team properly. Why should he have been give another 60m.

Has he though? His net spend since being here must be pretty close to zero. Also, I wouldn’t say most of what he’s signed have been dross… Vestergaard and Bertrand aside, has he made a signing that has been absolutely shocking? 
The final point as to why should he be given any more money… because simply and I think this is something we can all agree on, the team needs it!

This is where I get more frustrated with the board than Rodgers… the team needs investment. If the money is there, and they are choosing not to give it to Brendan then they need to sack him. 
It really is one or the other, back this manager or sack him and give the money to someone else. 

• Like 1

The way Rodgers uses the press is smart. I think he has someone in his entourage very savy advising him. Either that, or the guy is a lot more streetwise than most managers. For instance I don't think Parker was trying to get himself sacked. He's just a schmuck.

If there really is a stand off and he's trying to get sacked/the club are hoping he walks, (meanwhile Rome burns), we should be employing really connected publicists to change the media agenda and give our side. From the subs, money wasted, tactics, morale, loss of key players, fans whatever. I mean it's the truth anyway. If the guy is really uncomfortable that he's losing his rep and looking like a fool, he will need to negotiate an exit. It can't take very long. Just a few 'leaks' . It must go on all the time at this level.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

If he does get sacked, people will see the pattern in his management as the Telegraph journo has pointed out. 

Likely means he won’t get a top job for some time that his ego craves. 

He should be knuckling down, getting rid of the negativity and giving the club a lift. Just don’t see it happening given the rut and victim mentality he’s got himself into. 

They also pointed this out on 5Live tonight as well. There isn't an Arsenal job there anymore, there's no Spurs job. Man Utd have moved on. This is the best Brendan Rodgers is going to get for some time. If he doesn't make this work, he won't be offered a top 6 job again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MalletFox said:

It would be Stowell probably wouldn’t it. I don’t see us doing it until another manager is lined up. We wouldn’t want to be going into Brighton, Villa, Forest, Bournemouth with a caretaker in charge in my opinion, they are all huge games!

I get the point ur making, but not sure I necessarily agree.

Fine my friend, 👍👍

Thats what a forum's for.. 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

How do you know he’s not doing his job? He wouldn’t be the first manager to call out the board for a lack of signings. The club should negotiate to move him on but Rodger’s is entitled to say the things he says if that’s what he believes. It sounds like a breakdown in the relationship has occurred because they’re not on the same page, but Rodger’s position in this is not Rodger’s fault is it?

Is there two of Rodgers at the Club? You keep referring to him as if there is. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'd like to add that we are playing crap and if you can't refresh the squad then refresh the manager. I'm sure the board are working on his replacement right now.

Soyunchu alluded to something - hopefully a new manager who will bring bring soyunchu in from the cold.

What / when was this? 

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

You say he hasn’t made dross signings yet spent OVER £200m on transfer fees.

Yet, in your next comment say the squad isn’t good enough….how many of his signings have improved our starting 11?

Little Wes, Timmy and JJ are the only ones but I’ll state it one more time…he has spent over 200m and they weren’t even a quarter of that outlay combined.

As others have said Rodgers has had the biggest ever war chest in our history.

Brendan is Mourinho lite…he relies on a conveyor belt of players, new ones to replace the ones who have left / are too old or underperforming / stopped listening. Where are his powers of motivation - nowhere!

Brendan and Congerton were responsible for bringing in most of our current squad, they were backed and they are not performing. Brendan needs to own that. It ain’t surprising the Club are closing the tap.

Rudders is culpable for the inflated financial package - no doubt - and I would replace him but Brendan cannot deflect all of this on Rudders and the Board!

Brendan surely has no more than the Forest game to rediscover some sort of form.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Probably be a vote of confidence today before Tomorrow's game.

I'd then assume if we lose tomorrow he will be off. If we somehow beat Brighton and pick up points in the Villa game he may survive.

It wouldnt make him a better person... a leader git for our club.

We are track for 8 points this season if the form continues the way it is, that’s absolutely shockingly bad. Rodgers should be sacked right now! The fact he’s still here is a joke my only hope is we are sounding out his replacement :fc:

It makes the Sheepshaggers ( 11 points) look like world beaters compared to us :(