Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, MattTheOldFox said:

He’s not on £10mil a year, Rob Tanner has said this repeatedly, that figure includes bonuses that he missed out on. 

I am surprised he doesn’t have a below Forest or bottom of the table clause in his contract so we can get rid! 

1 minute ago, damolcfc said:

Oh the other fraud is back 😆😆😉😉

It's just getting embarrassing now, players releasing statements... manager blaming everyone else.... Top trying to set the record as straight as possible... players 'apparently ' not trying hard enough in training.... 

😂😂 yes what a mess Surley the only way out of it is to start a fresh with a new manager and get that arrogant **** out of our football club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcymarc666 said:

Hallelujah!

About time that his shortcomings and abdication of responsibility were properly exposed in the national media.

Should have gone further, mind, and analysed in depth how his team selections, formations, substitutions and fall-outs with certain players have over the past 18 months or so made us worse not better.

Maybe that will be next. Or, with a bit of luck, he’ll be gone before they get on to that…

• Like 1

Rodgers has to create a narrative for his next job, which in this case is that the board didn’t give him enough money. In a sense it’s true, but it’s also disingenuous because I doubt they ever promised they would. He knew the current financial limitations on the club when he joined and knew he’d have to work within them.

Now he’s suggesting he was lied to and either he was naive or he’s just trying to justify the current situation.

Having said that he now actively wants to be sacked as continuing in post will damage his future job prospects. The club realise this but also understand that while he remains in post he has a strong incentive to improve things so until the pressure becomes intolerable they’ll let him carry on.

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Hallelujah!

About time that his shortcomings and abdication of responsibility were properly exposed in the national media.

Should have gone further, mind, and analysed in depth how his team selections, formations, substitutions and fall-outs with certain players have over the past 18 months or so made us worse not better.

Maybe that will be next. Or, with a bit of luck, he’ll be gone before they get on to that…

I was a bit surprised the article ended so abruptly too

He could’ve really gone to town on him 

1 minute ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Rodgers has to create a narrative for his next job, which in this case is that the board didn’t give him enough money. In a sense it’s true, but it’s also disingenuous because I doubt they ever promised they would. He knew the current financial limitations on the club when he joined and knew he’d have to work within them.

He also now conveniently fails to mention how the club have delivered the best training facility in the country and probably Europe for him to utilise, the running costs of which will be astronomical. The way he speaks about the club you'd think they're operating out of a portacabin on Braunstone Park 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

lol

I dislike Rodgers as much as anyone, but we won't be playing Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea every week.

We'll have passed Derby's 11 points by the end of October.

We've also played Brentford and Southampton at home, getting 1 point. We're doomed, DOOOOMED!!*

* probably not.

8 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

He also now conveniently fails to mention how the club have delivered the best training facility in the country and probably Europe for him to utilise, the running costs of which will be astronomical. The way he speaks about the club you'd think they're operating out of a portacabin on Braunstone Park 

Truth is he would have had a lot more money if we’d qualified for the CL but the board can hardly be blamed for us falling at the last hurdle two years running. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Not sure if posted, but basically covers everything we already know.

Yeah JJ does good tactical analysis, he does identify that we are not well coached, but then appears to criticise the players more than the manager, which is odd 😂

Edited by FoxesWalk

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah JJ does good tactical analysis, he does identify that we are not well coached, but then appears to criticise the players more than the manager, which is odd 😂

Yeah, a little harsh on some of the players but interesting from a tactical point of view. We do seem very easy to pass through and this does help highlight why.

• Like 1

I genuinely believe a loss against Brighton & Villa will see BR gone. I think it needs to happen sooner rather than later as he just doesn't seem capable of changing tactics or motivating the squad. The club should also look seriously at replacing the Director of  Football . Have never liked JR and I don't believe he is the man to provide Top with the sound advise he needs. 

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Now he’s suggesting he was lied to and either he was naive or he’s just trying to justify the current situation.

Having said that he now actively wants to be sacked as continuing in post will damage his future job prospects. The club realise this but also understand that while he remains in post he has a strong incentive to improve things so until the pressure becomes intolerable they’ll let him carry on.

My question is how they will give him before they let him go - and whether it will be too late. 

We’re still early days in the season obviously, but without a drastic turnaround in form over the next few games we could be struggling.

Weirdly despite the awful performances I still don’t get a sense of urgency from the fans. I think a lot seem to be under-estimating how bad a situation we are in. 

5 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

I genuinely believe a loss against Brighton & Villa will see BR gone. I think it needs to happen sooner rather than later as he just doesn't seem capable of changing tactics or motivating the squad. The club should also look seriously at replacing the Director of  Football . Have never liked JR and I don't believe he is the man to provide Top with the sound advise he needs. 

I genuinely think if he gets that long we're doomed. It's too late now 

• Like 1