Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I know it's difficult for pundits to keep track of exactly what goes on at football clubs but that is a hideous take from Dawson, he's basically fallen hook line and sinker for the Rodgers propaganda.

You ought to have seen McNumpty's column for the BBC a few days back then. Basically the same line, absolving him of any blame and saying "yeah he's not been backed and he got us to fifth and an FA Cup over a year ago, it's all the board's fault, the players have downed tools hur durr le Snakes member Ranieri and Puel?!?!?!/1111"

The media excuses are already starting to pile in, it seems like us in the stands are the only ones who know he's the root of all our problems right now. :facepalm:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

You ought to have seen McNumpty's column for the BBC a few days back then. Basically the same line, absolving him of any blame and saying "yeah he's not been backed and he got us to fifth and an FA Cup over a year ago, it's all the board's fault, the players have downed tools hur durr le Snakes member Ranieri and Puel?!?!?!/1111"

The media excuses are already starting to pile in, it seems like us in the stands are the only ones who know he's the root of all our problems right now. :facepalm:

I did read it, it was shit. Media forming a shield around Rodgers reputation, sickening to see.

• Like 1

Well *puts tin hat on* I’m still pro-Rodgers, but not without serious concerns. 

Like most on here I’m not impressed by his leadership over the past 4-6 weeks, but he said a lot of the right things in the Sky interview posted by @davieG

It’s his refusal to even acknowledge question marks about his record (a) in the transfer market and (b) in developing any of our squad that rankles most with me. I can take the Brent-like personality & his cuddling up to the media, just.

It has to be siege mentality from here, and he probably needs 3 or 4 points from the next two games to show he can change things up. But I suspect he has until the international break tbh. 

One of my main worries about sacking Rodgers is who do we get next? How do we attract a manager of his calibre (or better) if we sack him, & given our current circumstances?

18 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Well *puts tin hat on* I’m still pro-Rodgers, but not without serious concerns. 

Like most on here I’m not impressed by his leadership over the past 4-6 weeks, but he said a lot of the right things in the Sky interview posted by @davieG

It’s his refusal to even acknowledge question marks about his record (a) in the transfer market and (b) in developing any of our squad that rankles most with me. I can take the Brent-like personality & his cuddling up to the media, just.

It has to be siege mentality from here, and he probably needs 3 or 4 points from the next two games to show he can change things up. But I suspect he has until the international break tbh. 

One of my main worries about sacking Rodgers is who do we get next? How do we attract a manager of his calibre (or better) if we sack him, & given our current circumstances?

Does it matter who we get? We are 100% going down if he lasts the season. So it can't be worse. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

My question is how they will give him before they let him go - and whether it will be too late. 

We’re still early days in the season obviously, but without a drastic turnaround in form over the next few games we could be struggling.

Weirdly despite the awful performances I still don’t get a sense of urgency from the fans. I think a lot seem to be under-estimating how bad a situation we are in. 

Most believe our team is playing below it’s true level because of the noises off but as you say, that narrative will only last so long

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Danny Simpson has a massive hard-on for Rodgers then. He can't fathom why fans are against him and that we need to back him. And it's alright because he played under Puel lol 

Danny Simpson wants media work and it’s the media narrative, bit like Savage when he embarrassed himself before Utd game with his ‘you make players better Brendan’, I tweeted Savage to ask which players he thinks Rodger’s has made better, still waiting for the reply of course

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, itude said:

All been seen before.

Best guide to future behaviour is prior behaviour, remember Fofana

Celtic fan made some good points, same with Paul the second caller.

This got me thinking about the players Rodgers inherited, who got better and who got worse?

Chilwell got worse even to the point I and others said he downed tools.

Ricardo has regressed.

Soyuncu is a massive one, world class at one point and now cant get in the team.

Vardy is ageing so trying to be fair here, but I agree with Paul that a lot of Vardy's bad patches under Rodgers are when he is playing an unsuited system on his own isolated.

Kasper regressed, went from coming for corners to doing nothing on them.

Albrighton has regressed but still puts in a shift at least when given the chance.

Ndidi has regressed.

Players signed under Rodgers

I think Fofana regressed from when he joined to his most recent games.

Castagne looking regressed from his earliest performances.

Perez has regressed.

Finally of course all the dud signings which werent good to begin with.

Only one playing has shined under Rodgers, the player who he even himself admitted he gave a lot of time to which is Maddison.

I assume all the frozen out players have lost faith in Rodgers, and no coincidence we have issues with contracts been signed by first teamers.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

We need a hybrid of Ndidi and Soumare - someone with pressing ability and focus, combined with passing ability. 

We might have to play both for now, perhaps a diamond is best to fit them both in. 

No Ndidi has to be dropped. When we had Kante it was like we had an extra man in midfield. With Ndidi, it is like we have one man less when in possession. He just goes into hiding and it makes it very difficult for his teammates.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, WinslowFox said:

I can't help but feel that we have tried to make his position untenable by not backing him in the transfer market so that he walks away. Simply because we have seen how much money he's wasted and have thought you ain't getting another penny out of us. Or they've tried testing him and said to him you're this supposed elite coach, fvcking coach you charlatan.

Unfortunately he's not walked away yet.

So now we're left with this stand off situation. Where the club are saying we ain't paying you money to fvck off.

Either that or I've run out or ideas of why he is still fvcking here!!! So now my brain is trying to justify the situation.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Manager come in and in January get heavily backed, or I'm just thinking wishfully.

If its the game the club is playing it will lose, Brendan wont care about the future of this club, the repercussions of relegation, but the owners will feel that and all of us it will hurt a lot.  As was pointed out in those clips, Managers rarely walk away, they 9/10 will wait to be sacked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I know it's difficult for pundits to keep track of exactly what goes on at football clubs but that is a hideous take from Dawson, he's basically fallen hook line and sinker for the Rodgers propaganda.

He’s an uninformed biased Forest willy puller. How can he credibly say as a fan base we don’t know struggle and hard times? Tosser. Absolute tosser.

• Like 3