Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If this is the rhetoric he's coming out with it's absolutely shameful he deserves to be thrown down the river. Absolutely comical.

Our objective is to get to 40 points. It’s totally different (from the past).

“I’m preparing to get to 40 points, to get working and everyone going in the same direction. We’re not going to lay down and roll over, we have to find a way now."

Why? Have you watched the other teams? The prem looks really strong this season and I think we have too many mediocre players low on confidence, it’s not just Rodger’s who’s saying we’re in danger is it? The key I think is a settled organised side, trouble is Rodger’s is not a relegation fighting type of manager is he

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Why? Have you watched the other teams? The prem looks really strong this season and I think we have too many mediocre players low on confidence, it’s not just Rodger’s who’s saying we’re in danger is it? The key I think is a settled organised side, trouble is Rodger’s is not a relegation fighting type of manager is he

The premier league is always how’s it has been it’s a strong league we are not some pub team that has won promotion we are established premier league side now with a good core of players and mid table is the bare minimum, we should be aspiring for. The rhetoric that Rodger’s is coming out with is the sign of someone who has lost it, it’s comical, do you think the likes of Maddison, Vardy, Evans and co etc will be pleased? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

We have no 'fears' he's going to walk away from the job. The 'fear' we have is that he is going to stay.

I'm at this point now. I'm actually fearful the longer he stays the more it threatens our Premier League status. We're down if he sees May. He won't but make sure the replacements job isn't too much to overcome. We're 3 behind 19th already.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

The premier league is always how’s it has been it’s a strong league we are not some pub team that has won promotion we are established premier league side now with a good core of players and mid table is the bare minimum, we should be aspiring for. The rhetoric that Rodger’s is coming out with is the sign of someone who has lost it, it’s comical, do you think the likes of Maddison, Vardy, Evans and co etc will be pleased? 

Maddison blows hot and cold 

Vardy sadly is cooked 

evans is older than my nana 

this is a relegation fight season ! 

can’t see us scoring enough goals to stay up 

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ll tell you what, the thing I’m looking forward to the most is the excitement the night before and the morning of the game coming back. This guy has killed that for some time. 

Absolutely.

Was thinking about this the other day. Ranieri always encouraged us to dream and he was in sync with the club’s aspirational messaging - let’s see how far we can get.

For the longest time BR has tried to downplay expectations - many might say understandably- we can’t compete with the big 4/6/8 and point to a lack of quality in the squad.

Whilst undoubtedly we can’t compete financially with the Man City’s of this world is it any wonder the squad and fans are flat when BR has drained the life and energy out of us with the constant negativity.

I will hold my hands up if he turns it around and say well done but I fully expect him to be gone by Forest.

Edited by JimmyC74

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Maddison blows hot and cold 

Vardy sadly is cooked 

evans is older than my nana 

this is a relegation fight season ! 

can’t see us scoring enough goals to stay up 

Maddison is very consistent he is quality.

Vardy is playing shite because of the way Rodger’s sets up the team.

Evans granted is older but he’s still a decent defender if’s he partnered with Cags rather than Amartey we will be far better..

The manager is the biggest issue right now not the players, get him gone asap and watch us improve.

• Like 1

Let's face it, a win will cause a wind change of opinion towards Rodgers by certain supporters, even people inside the club. 

It's an awful thing to even suggest but said quietly, a loss to Brighton may be in our best interests, looking at the bigger picture.

Or perhaps he won't go even after ten loses.

Just now, somebum said:

Let's face it, a win will cause a wind change of opinion towards Rodgers by certain supporters, even people inside the club. 

It's an awful thing to even suggest but said quietly, a loss to Brighton may be in our best interests, looking at the bigger picture.

Or perhaps he won't go even after ten loses.

Brighton are a far better team than people give credit for they are rightly up there for the way they play. They will beat us comfortably we may grab a consolation goal but that will be that.

If Brendan is not gone today, it will be sickening, he need to go.

It is an awful thing to say. We need points. The club needs to stay in the Prem. The club is bigger than the manager, etc.

The club will have an awareness of the situation. They obviously want and hope that Rodgers can start delivering results. If he can do that then well and good, he gets to keep his job. It won't be personal either way.

Rest assured, the club will have criteria, a time and a league position (and an awareness of cost implications) If Rodgers fails by those criteria, he will be sacked.

7 minutes ago, taupe said:

It is an awful thing to say. We need points. The club needs to stay in the Prem. The club is bigger than the manager, etc.

The club will have an awareness of the situation. They obviously want and hope that Rodgers can start delivering results. If he can do that then well and good, he gets to keep his job. It won't be personal either way.

Rest assured, the club will have criteria, a time and a league position (and an awareness of cost implications) If Rodgers fails by those criteria, he will be sacked.

We do need points.. i hope we pick some up.  But doing so will not make a leader out of Rodgers 

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Youris tweet was a positive message for us all

That was what I want to see. And it’s something the manager should have been saying similar too. 

You can admit you are not playing well but equally you can try to encourage and highlight the squads quality. 

• Like 2

The only way we turn this around is by completely changing our approach to the game.

BR will remain stubborn with his tactics getting us 1-2 shots on target per game. In his head it’s not his tactics it’s other things like no signings and injuries that are the problem, his ego is off the charts.

If he manages to turn it around and we adopt a different effective style for us then I’ll get behind him but I just don’t see it happening.

I don’t think there is anything that will change my mind on him. He has well and truly shown his colours as a manager being capable of adapting and as a man, more importantly. 

It is all so predicable, possession for the sake of it, today will likely follow the pattern of going 2-0 down through abject defending. We probably then get a consolation and huff and puff around a bit and he will say he well we fought when the reality will be that Brighton know the game is won and ease off.

Genuinely don’t think I can watch it. There’s some painting needs doing in for the nursery (baby on the way) so quite literally, watching paint dry seems more appealing right now!! More likely will end up watching a bit, getting pissed off and switching off…

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We do need points.. i hope we pick some up.  But doing so will not make a leader out of Rodgers 

The club will have a different definition to ours, and it's the club that will sack him.

I'm back to the opinion that he should go but I'm not going to work myself up over it, as it's not my call. My gut feel is that he will go as I don't think he'll be able to turn this around and deliver on the club's criteria that define success. I'm sure most will accept that the club don't care whether we play Pepball, Koppball or Dyscheball - so long as we stay up. Fans aren't too much fussed either, as long as it brings results.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eskay said:

I was on holiday when Pearson got the sack. 

I was on holiday when Claudio got sacked. 

I was on holiday when puel got sacked. 

Im currently sat in my hotel in Crete ........

Can you extend for a week or two?

• Haha 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

I never want to lose but if a win means he keeps his job then it’s a tough call. 

Its a horrible position to be in. We must, must win though. A win doesn't mean he has turned anything around and he would still be gone soon. We just need some points.