Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I mean you can't deny he's done overall well with us. It's hardly shocking better teams could come calling...

His record in Europe is shocking. Celtic used to get beat every game. Maybe last season but bigger teams won’t come knocking while we are struggling surely 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Nope. Not at all.

Winning a Fa cup was awesome but we didn't win that because he was a strategically superior coach we won that cup because of Kasper's magical saves and Youri's wonder strike. Go find and re-read the game stat's of that game.

About 2 5th finish.

It was the worst football performance for 2 season in row from the so called big 6 and we really couldn't capitalise it.

Simple is that. 

You haven’t got a clue what you are talking about. 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

His record in Europe is shocking. Celtic used to get beat every game. Maybe last season but bigger teams won’t come knocking while we are struggling surely 

Are we struggling because ones made contact though :dunno: uncommitted players to an uncommitted manager 

Why does he always leave the changes so late? Can someone who's been in the game explain to me if there are any logical explanations as to why in a game like today he left it so late? Just madness. Clearly at half time we needed to make changes. How does Thomas stay on until the end? Thomas was a deer in headlights today. CBs were.... Well we really don't need an analogy here. Just plain shite. Pérez was Pérez, Kaspers distribution was woeful, only 2 players that can have some dignity are Timmy and Madders in my opinion. Everyone else was 2/10

So we the fans get slaughtered in the media for booing Rodgers substitute of lookman when we had just got back to 2-2 and going for the win only for him to take off the best player and kill the motion by bring on a player with no confidence. 

He made the decision. 

Tonight 800-1000 fans have spent money to go out there and find out he's put out a team with fringe players.

He made the decision. 

End of the day the buck ends with him and after 2 years I still don't know if he knows what his best team is,at the moment it's like all the players names are in a bucket and the ones he picks out get a game.

Those subs that came on should have been on the pitch from the first minute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox1 said:

So we the fans get slaughtered in the media for booing Rodgers substitute of lookman when we had just got back to 2-2 and going for the win only for him to take off the best player and kill the motion by bring on a player with no confidence. 

He made the decision. 

Tonight 800-1000 fans have spent money to go out there and find out he's put out a team with fringe players.

He made the decision. 

End of the day the buck ends with him and after 2 years I still don't know if he knows what his best team is,at the moment it's like all the players names are in a bucket and the ones he picks out get a game.

Let's not forget ,that our defence is in disarray, no Fofona no evans and no Justin this has had a massive impact on the way we play imo ,

4 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

He made the decision. 

He made the decision. 

We were actually losing when lookman was taken off not that I could believe he made that change 

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I support his decisions in general, yeah. He doesn't always get it right (who does?) and we're clearly in a slump right now.

Do I think we'll turn it around? Yes

Do I think he's still the right man for the job? Yes

Do I think we could attract a better coach than BR? No

Come back to me in January and if we're deep in the shit by then, I might change my mind.

He's yet to convince anybody, in any job, that he can do this. He may do but I'm less confident than you are.

I want him to stay and find a way, but I'm struggling find when we were last exciting to watch, win lose or draw. 

Rodgers needs to start living up to the billing and earning his vast salary. Simple as. He is out of the comfort zone now. Can he handle the pressure? Time will tell. My big concern is his inflexibility - both in terms of the team’s predictable playing style that he refuses to change and his stubborn selections (e.g. Perez over Iheanacho). He still has a lot of credit in the bank but that can soon whittle away. A win at Palace would certainly help to turn the tide.