Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I don't get this 'lose and he's sacked' mentality whether it be from the board or whomever.

If we're at that stage then surely the answer is staring you in the face and regardless of winning today, regardless of a barnstorming performance today with a bit of excitement and positivity, we all know we'll be back at this point very soon under his management.

The fact is, we're well passed that stage and he's still here.

The owners are trying to balance the books. It’s been muted there would be a £25 Million severance payment. If Brendan walked assuming that wouldn’t have to be paid. Brendan doesn’t appear to be changing anything on the pitch, but has been smart in deflecting the blame to protect his reputation.

You would suspect Brendan would not be too concerned about getting the sack now he’s explained why things are going South. The owners naturally won’t be keen on paying any severance pay.

The old Mexican stand off is in place.

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

The owners are trying to balance the books. It’s been muted there would be a £25 Million severance payment. If Brendan walked assuming that wouldn’t have to be paid. Brendan doesn’t appear to be changing anything on the pitch, but has been smart in deflecting the blame to protect his reputation.

You would suspect Brendan would not be too concerned about getting the sack now he’s explained why things are going South. The owners naturally won’t be keen on paying any severance pay.

It’s a reverse Mexican stand-off in which both sides are desperate for the other to pull the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Media starting to turn. Bent said on talksport that Ridgers wants to be sacked. 

He is definitely failing his self PR campaign recently. It's difficult to talk about 40 point targets and not being backed, when his own mistakes are becoming glaringly obvious, even to the media. Only way out of this is to start winning some games, something that I think has taken a bit of a back seat with him recently, especially in regards to not selecting certain players or not using his 5 subs. I suspect we will see a different approach today, and one that may actually benefit Leicester. Rodgers will do what is best for himself, and we just have to hope that aligns with Leicester's interests too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

First of all that is a ludicrous situation to be in (thanks Rudders) but it is what it is.

As it stands we look set to lose the £19m paid for Cags when he walks next summer and we won't even play him while we have him unless in extremis.  Perhaps (and I know its a big if) a new manager could reintegrate Cags and get him to sign a new contract thus mitigating the financial loss of sacking Rodgers down to only £6m?

I think If we loose to Bwighton today and Wogers is still safe in his wole this implies there is some plausible deniability from the upper echelons of the club pwoving  our league positioning is partly weflective of actions off the field.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

...unless the club failed to include a severance amount which would have been agreed, in the contract,  it will be nowhere near that amount!!!

It only cost United £5m to get rid of Moyes after a 10 month stint of a 6 year contract.

So unless someone has messed up the contract, we should be able to terminate his contract with immediate effect. 

There has been  a lot of bad calls been made at the club for the last 12 months, let us hope someone takes charge and begin to run this club as if they have a plan.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Could we see a mutiny type performance to get Brendan the bullet?

I think so.

He's pretty annoying but virtually no signings and an old striker who finally looks past his sell by and two out of form and only one half decent centre back (maybe two today if we're lucky) and a poor/abysmal at this level keeper, what exactly are you hoping the new messiah to achieve in his place?

A small bounce back maybe but don't be expecting miracles

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...unless the club failed to include a severance amount which would have been agreed, in the contract,  it will be nowhere near that amount!!!

It only cost United £5m to get rid of Moyes after a 10 month stint of a 6 year contract.

So unless someone has messed up the contract, we should be able to terminate his contract with immediate effect. 

There has been  a lot of bad calls been made at the club for the last 12 months, let us hope someone takes charge and begin to run this club as if they have a plan.

Rest assured Rodgers's contract is nuclear bomb proof and wishful thinking won't change that. The club begged him to stay remember and to be fair a very large number of posters on here desperately wanted him to stay as well.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't get this 'lose and he's sacked' mentality whether it be from the board or whomever.

If we're at that stage then surely the answer is staring you in the face and regardless of winning today, regardless of a barnstorming performance today with a bit of excitement and positivity, we all know we'll be back at this point very soon under his management.

The fact is, we're well passed that stage and he's still here.

Trouble is, with everyone being so reactive to everything, the outrage is just devalued through its consistent repetition. When the sack is the constant cry, then it’s just normal and wil be ignored, so there is no further ‘real’ peak outrage that can be achieved to exemplify how bad things are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A horrible flueky win only handed to us because of 3 shocking VAR decisions might be the best outcome? And Rodgers to do the fanny impression like Diego Simeone did in the direction of where Rudkin and Top are sitting?

The Cojones celebration lol I think my opinion of him would change if he were to do that 🤣🤣🤣

16 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just out of interest when you do you come home …..how many games does he have left 

I come home on Friday so today is last chance saloon! 

Tbh if you think about it...if we get beat and play like we did in the first half of the United game..... surely it's game over??

• Like 1

I don't actually think he wants the sack, I think he is just preparing the ground for if he is. I don't think his ego could cope unless he had a ready made narrative to go. Do I think he is purposely throwing games? No. Do I think he has not utilized his 5 subs to make a point? Absolutely. So, you could argue what's the difference? 

It's clearly becoming a little toxic, and when the usual very pro Rodgers media is beginning to turn, you know it's only a matter of time. 

A loss today, and I think it may trigger the owners to start sounding out replacements. However, he may still get a couple more games. His previous successes plus not being able to bring players in this window, may buy him a game or two more with the owners. 

21 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I come home on Friday so today is last chance saloon! 

Tbh if you think about it...if we get beat and play like we did in the first half of the United game..... surely it's game over??

Can you delay when you’re coming home? 

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I don't actually think he wants the sack, I think he is just preparing the ground for if he is. I don't think his ego could cope unless he had a ready made narrative to go. Do I think he is purposely throwing games? No. Do I think he has not utilized his 5 subs to make a point? Absolutely. So, you could argue what's the difference? 

It's clearly becoming a little toxic, and when the usual very pro Rodgers media is beginning to turn, you know it's only a matter of time. 

A loss today, and I think it may trigger the owners to start sounding out replacements. However, he may still get a couple more games. His previous successes plus not being able to bring players in this window, may buy him a game or two more with the owners. 

I also think he has a couple of games before Top acts but, I suspect they are already sounding out replacements. They should be.

pressure will build with each fixture and Forest will be his last hurrah IMO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Rodgers will get another job but I can’t see the top 6 touching him.  He might be trying to protect his reputation but he certainly is building on it last season or this

If that's true then Top needs to go.

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

Just read a piece on sky saying there’s no panic from above and believe Rodgers and Leicester will ride this out…

If that’s true I am going to have to block two peoples view next week with a Rodgers out and Rudkin out placard … 😅

It’s for the greater good. 

• Haha 1

If we lose the next couple and Brendan does get the boot, it will show what state the board is in, as to pay him a wedge to leave, is lunacy when they are saying money is tight.

Sticking him on Gardening leave and pay his wage is the most sensible option till a new club takes him off our hands and gives us money to get a new guy in if this does come to fruition.