Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I've been optimistic even when we played like shit but it's been several months of sideways passing now and things arent changing for the better. On the contrary, we seem to be regressing and he's stuck with his ideas which are time and again proven wrong and not working. This season it seems he finally managed to coach the footballing skills and sheer will out of our players. Today was the final straw, I'm firmly in the BR out brigade. 

I know no club is going to dismiss the manager so early in the season but I just don't see how he can improve and turn things around for us. He's only proved how stubborn, backward and resistant to change he is so far. He's become Puel mark 2.0

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi all. non-LCFC fan here, but a fan of Rodgers. I came to have a look to see what you would all be saying about that result, but I didn't think some of you would want BR replaced. I was surprised. I haven't watched Leicester a whole lot this season, but the assessments of your problems from some fans here seem wildly off the mark to me.

Firstly, in this game, I thought Leicester did very well in terms of controlling the game. 11 shots to 7, 4 shots on target each, 62% possession, 8 corners to 4, and territorial advantage for much of the game. Legia didn't expect to be 1-0 up. That's why they went into their shell after the goal - there was no "masterplan" there. They surprised themselves, and then held onto their lead with good organization and good work. But also a lot of luck. The game should have been 1-1 from that corner. You can thank whoever that Leicester player was who gave away the foul (I can't remember which player it was). At 1-1, Legia have to hold what they have, or push out for more, and at that point, the spaces open up for your attackers. But the problem is - you had no goalscorers on the field. You had forwards, for sure. But no goalscorers. Daka isn't it. Perez should have scored by playing to the far post, but instead he took the near post shot like a schoolboy player. This game could and maybe should have been 3-1 between that and the corner. Lookman when he came on, made awful technical decisions. Maddison looks like a player who won the Cup and thought he was getting his big money move to a big money Champions League club, and now that he didn't, he's just going through the motions. Vardy is past his sell-by date, but like all great strikers, he is capable of popping up with an instinctive goal now and then. But the magic is gone. Barnes - injury still affecting him, maybe? Confidence issues? Either way, he wasn't effective as he was pre-injury. Like he's missing a yard of acceleration or something.

So, in short, you can be disappointed in the result, you can even say the performance is not what you expect. But looking at your shot stats, your shots on target stats, and your attack/counterattack stats, there's not much Rodgers can do short of getting on the field and putting the ball in the net himself. You had 36 shots in total between the Brighton and Burnley games. That's enough to win both games twice over. It's just that you have no player currently wearing their shooting boots with any consistency. That's a talent and form issue, not a managerial one (unless you have a bench of world class finishers to choose from). As Guardiola always says to his players - he can get you into the attacking third, but after that, talent shines through. Leicester currently don't have the attacking talent on the field playing in-form right now. If that's enough for some of you to want Rodgers replaced, then you might want to look at Stoke to see what happens when a successful manager is not allowed to get through a bad patch simply because people think they can have "better" football with the resources available. See how your new strikers settle down. See if Maddison and Barnes get back into form. See if a midfielder emerges that can score goals from nothing. If you get that, and you're STILL losing games, then Rodgers might be the problem. But as long as you're not firing on all cylinders in the attacking third in terms of conversion, then it would be very hard to conclude that you need a new manager.

Good luck for the season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Let's not forget ,that our defence is in disarray, no Fofona no evans and no Justin this has had a massive impact on the way we play imo ,

Yes we have missed those players but does it mean every time we get the ball forward that it has to go back and then sideways over and over again.rodgers tells them to do it.

We are becoming boring to watch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I remember this being said about Ranieri... 

Those fans who want BR out ,FA.CUP winners ,and charity shield ,I never thought  I would see thst happen  ,this is now when we need to keep the faith and get behind our club and the players ,I love LCFC and I will defend them if I have to  ,this season I've taken a lot of stick from People at work ,I've supported lcfc all my life ,,I was born and bread in Leicester, I don't like it when the team get beat, but I will all ways stick by them and never slag them off ,KEEP THE FAITH .

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You haven’t got a clue what you are talking about. 

To be fair Babs, it’s not just ‘a bad start to the season’

FA cup aside, we’ve been pretty piss poor for much of 2021

Or at least ‘average’ anyway. Nothing special 

If the fans turn it won't be because of the results as such, it will be the nature of them.

Rodgers is clearly a very good manager, so many players say as much, but he has a real problem on his hands at the moment. We need more aggression and more attacking intent, but his philosophy is to control the ball and control possession. He's going to need to be a lot more tactically flexible over the next few weeks if he's going to turn it around.

I have huge sympathy with him regarding the defensive injuries, but I have little sympathy in regards to our passive, lightweight, tame, slow and turgid style of play. That's all him and he needs to change, and quick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

So we the fans get slaughtered in the media for booing Rodgers substitute of lookman when we had just got back to 2-2 and going for the win only for him to take off the best player and kill the motion by bring on a player with no confidence. 

He made the decision. 

Tonight 800-1000 fans have spent money to go out there and find out he's put out a team with fringe players.

He made the decision. 

End of the day the buck ends with him and after 2 years I still don't know if he knows what his best team is,at the moment it's like all the players names are in a bucket and the ones he picks out get a game.

Those subs that came on should have been on the pitch from the first minute.

So your saying Saturday he killed it by bringing on a player with no confidence and then tonight the subs should have been on from the start  - one of them was that player with no confidence? make up your mind. 

maybe he’s playing the long game, as playing the first team every game has killed us come the end of the last 2 seasons

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I've been optimistic even when we played like shit but it's been several months of sideways passing now and things arent changing for the better. On the contrary, we seem to be regressing and he's stuck with his ideas which are time and again proven wrong and not working. This season it seems he finally managed to coach the footballing skills and sheer will out of our players. Today was the final straw, I'm firmly in the BR out brigade. 

I know no club is going to dismiss the manager so early in the season but I just don't see how he can improve and turn things around for us. He's only proved how stubborn, backward and resistant to change he is so far. He's become Puel mark 2.0

We’ve been defensively clueless since we lost Evans to injury LAST season. 
Soyuncu and Amartey (and it would seem Vestergaard) are not good enough together at this level 

The defence is the foundation of any good side. Look at Man City when they signed Ruben Dias.

If we were more solid defensively, the likes of Tielemans would start playing again. Clough had this right all those years ago… you’ll never win anything if you concede too many goals

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Takes Vardy all the way to Poland to play 9mins what a fcuking joke

Tbh, I suspect the preference would have been to not play him at all. He was a roll of the dice, a hope that he might grab something out nothing. IMO he would have struggled just as much as Daka did, there was next to nothing going up front 

Ever since BR got rid of Dave Rennie we’ve had too many injuries, Wes aside .  We’ve never been able to defend corners or seem to improve on them since toure came in .  Putting st ledger as chief scout smells of Rodgers .  He’s got a few things right , but he is undoing anything he did now .  Not a elite manager don’t care how many times Robbie savage says it .  Thomas Frank now we talking a intelligent man . I’d take a early punt on him .  

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Right now I honestly don't think I'd care if he was poached by another club

Was speaking to my mate at the weekend and I said something to this affect. In a really weird way I feel like it would be doing us a favour. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Right now I honestly don't think I'd care if he was poached by another club. It's a rash thing to say and I'll probably regret it but a huge shake up is needed here. A malaise has set in and his footballing purist principles are the last thing we need right now. 

You could easily see someone with a more aggressive and dynamic style of play getting hold of this lot and alleviating the pressure on the defence having the ball all the way and getting th shackles off the forwards and everyone wonder what the problem was.

He needs to swallow his pride and get this team playing a simpler and harder style of play for a while, we are the easiest team out there bar Norwich at the minute to play against and its disgusting. I'll calm down tomorrow I'm sure but I'm concerned this is a period that may cost Rodgers if he's not decisive enough. Leaving 5 defenders on until the 77th minute when 1 down to a very compact and limited side is ridiculous and he deserves this shit tonight. 

You were roasting me 2 weeks ago for saying similar :D

16 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Hi all. non-LCFC fan here, but a fan of Rodgers. I came to have a look to see what you would all be saying about that result, but I didn't think some of you would want BR replaced. I was surprised. I haven't watched Leicester a whole lot this season, but the assessments of your problems from some fans here seem wildly off the mark to me.

Firstly, in this game, I thought Leicester did very well in terms of controlling the game. 11 shots to 7, 4 shots on target each, 62% possession, 8 corners to 4, and territorial advantage for much of the game. Legia didn't expect to be 1-0 up. That's why they went into their shell after the goal - there was no "masterplan" there. They surprised themselves, and then held onto their lead with good organization and good work. But also a lot of luck. The game should have been 1-1 from that corner. You can thank whoever that Leicester player was who gave away the foul (I can't remember which player it was). At 1-1, Legia have to hold what they have, or push out for more, and at that point, the spaces open up for your attackers. But the problem is - you had no goalscorers on the field. You had forwards, for sure. But no goalscorers. Daka isn't it. Perez should have scored by playing to the far post, but instead he took the near post shot like a schoolboy player. This game could and maybe should have been 3-1 between that and the corner. Lookman when he came on, made awful technical decisions. Maddison looks like a player who won the Cup and thought he was getting his big money move to a big money Champions League club, and now that he didn't, he's just going through the motions. Vardy is past his sell-by date, but like all great strikers, he is capable of popping up with an instinctive goal now and then. But the magic is gone. Barnes - injury still affecting him, maybe? Confidence issues? Either way, he wasn't effective as he was pre-injury. Like he's missing a yard of acceleration or something.

So, in short, you can be disappointed in the result, you can even say the performance is not what you expect. But looking at your shot stats, your shots on target stats, and your attack/counterattack stats, there's not much Rodgers can do short of getting on the field and putting the ball in the net himself. You had 36 shots in total between the Brighton and Burnley games. That's enough to win both games twice over. It's just that you have no player currently wearing their shooting boots with any consistency. That's a talent and form issue, not a managerial one (unless you have a bench of world class finishers to choose from). As Guardiola always says to his players - he can get you into the attacking third, but after that, talent shines through. Leicester currently don't have the attacking talent on the field playing in-form right now. If that's enough for some of you to want Rodgers replaced, then you might want to look at Stoke to see what happens when a successful manager is not allowed to get through a bad patch simply because people think they can have "better" football with the resources available. See how your new strikers settle down. See if Maddison and Barnes get back into form. See if a midfielder emerges that can score goals from nothing. If you get that, and you're STILL losing games, then Rodgers might be the problem. But as long as you're not firing on all cylinders in the attacking third in terms of conversion, then it would be very hard to conclude that you need a new manager.

Good luck for the season!

Thanks Brendan, now sort the team out. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Nice way of invalidating your whole argument. Do you work for one of the big broadcasting companies? 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Right now I honestly don't think I'd care if he was poached by another club. It's a rash thing to say and I'll probably regret it but a huge shake up is needed here. A malaise has set in and his footballing purist principles are the last thing we need right now. 

You could easily see someone with a more aggressive and dynamic style of play getting hold of this lot and alleviating the pressure on the defence having the ball all the way and getting th shackles off the forwards and everyone wonder what the problem was.

He needs to swallow his pride and get this team playing a simpler and harder style of play for a while, we are the easiest team out there bar Norwich at the minute to play against and its disgusting. I'll calm down tomorrow I'm sure but I'm concerned this is a period that may cost Rodgers if he's not decisive enough. Leaving 5 defenders on until the 77th minute when 1 down to a very compact and limited side is ridiculous and he deserves this shit tonight. 

If we were in the Championship right now we wouldn't get out of it. Most teams would deploy low blocks and physicality and we'd shit out pants and finish 7th.

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Looking at the last half of a season, i.e. the last 19 Premier League matches, we've picked up 24 points. That's 1.2 point a match which would have put us 12th last season, 17 points off the EL places.

That's not a blip. That's a good sample size. That's not "just because we are without Evans" or because of a slow start or a tough set of fixtures. That is genuine underachieving. 

And this is not the first time this has happened under Rodgers.

Maybe that’s a good thing (he’s turned it round before) maybe it’s a bad thing (history repeating itself). Who knows. Either way it’s not a blip.