Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair Babs, it’s not just ‘a bad start to the season’

FA cup aside, we’ve been pretty piss poor for much of 2021

Or at least ‘average’ anyway. Nothing special 

We could have a good second half to the season. You judge it come the end of the season barring a disaster.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Those fans who want BR out ,FA.CUP winners ,and charity shield ,I never thought  I would see thst happen  ,this is now when we need to keep the faith and get behind our club and the players ,I love LCFC and I will defend them if I have to  ,this season I've taken a lot of stick from People at work ,I've supported lcfc all my life ,,I was born and bread in Leicester, I don't like it when the team get beat, but I will all ways stick by them and never slag them off ,KEEP THE FAITH .

How’s Claire?

Why is the defense taking all the blame lately?

OK, they are not their best but for the love of God, have you all noticed that how much pressure they are in lately?

Since the beginning of the season, there are a massive hole in Zone2 ( the area between defence and midfield).

The oppositions able to cruise through around  there almost with no resistance and putting our defenders under immense pressure since the beginning of the season.

BR wasn't able to find solution for this problem and I'm afraid that we will be conceding many goals this year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You were roasting me 2 weeks ago for saying similar :D

I know, I'm hoping this is just an over reaction on my part tonight but I'm fuming. There is so much currently wrong with this side and he's causing a fair amount of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We could have a good second half to the season. You judge it come the end of the season barring a disaster.

We could but he just takes so long to iron out the problems we have. What if we did leave it too late and the worst happened? I'm not sure we're quite there as club yet to completely rule out such a disastrous outcome

Rodgers is so imbedded now, it’s become a dictatorship. No one looks to challenge his authority at the club even when it’s plainly obvious things are wrong. it’s like Italy under Mussolini, except in Leicester the trains don’t run on time. 

This didn’t happen under Puel. He never had the record to justify his command and control. 

It will be difficult to get our performances to change unless Rodgers recognises it himself, which he won’t judged on his track record. I fear this is going in one direction sadly. 

I was strongly Rodgers out when we bottled top 4 the first time, tbh I don't think there is much point pulling the trigger now, we aren't in that position and there's no chance a new manager could get us into that position this season so let's see where we are at the end of the season. Obvs if we start getting cut adrift then wilder in

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Then you have to read other comments on this forum as well.

You don't like what I said, it's fine but you do not need to make a retarded comment. 

We’ve not won the FA Cup in our entire history, we played the European Champions elect, a team with a budget and squad that dwarfs ours, and played more than one game in the cup. But APPARENTLY he gets no credit for that, because two of our players did their job and played well.

And Apparently, two of the best league finishes in our history he also gets no credit. Because, of other teams… despite all the other clubs having the same teams to play and not being able to do it. 

Are there issues, yes, is he perfect, no. But I’m sorry, if you spout shite and give no credit at all, then expect people to point out that shite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

Why is the defense taking all the blame lately?

OK, they are not their best but for the love of God, have you all noticed that how much pressure they are in lately?

Since the beginning of the season, there are a massive hole in Zone2 ( the area between defence and midfield).

The oppositions able to cruise through around  there almost with no resistance and putting our defenders under immense pressure since the beginning of the season.

BR wasn't able to find solution for this problem and I'm afraid that we will be conceding many goals this year.

Erm because every game at least 1 of the defenders makes a horrendous mistake or shows unbelievable weakness that gifts the opposition a goal. Its not their fault per se that they find themselves with the majority of possession and with growing pressure its making it harder to get the ball in to good areas for us but they are a liability, each and every one of them.

I also thought Luke Thomas was horrid tonight too, his end product is getting worse as well. Was always a good crosser but that's been quickly ripped from him.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We could but he just takes so long to iron out the problems we have. What if we did leave it too late and the worst happened? I'm not sure we're quite there as club yet to completely rule out such a disastrous outcome

Would would be classed as a disaster and the club would make a change. Like they always do.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's what we've really got to hope will happen, I don't see this malaise turning for a while unless we are very fortunate with Evans coming back and staying fit and hopefully Justin coming back too. Defensively we are an abomination and I've no idea why we can't take risks with our midfield and attack before waiting to go a goal or two down. 

I personally said it after the end of last season that I felt he'd taken us as far as he could go.  The FA Cup win hid the fact that it was another catastrophic end to the season.  Two chokes off historic proportions in succession.  I just fear the latest one has broken our back somewhat.

Maybe it's best if both parties walk away.  His time here will go down as a remarkable success given the history of the club before him but this can't go on.  The energy, passion, tempo, style of play, team-spirit are miles off where it needs to be and if something doesn't change we'll be dragged in to a bottom six dogfight.  He has been significantly backed this summer in terms of net spend which has been uncharacteristic of the club and I doubt the owners will be best pleased with what they are seeing.  Especially with the size of our wage bill!

I don't believe he should be sacked and I don't think he will be unless we dip in to the bottom 3 from here on out but I would expect a parting of the ways next summer.

Personally I'd like to see Potter, Frank or Howe given a chance here.  A new vision for a new rebuild.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Erm because every game at least 1 of the defenders makes a horrendous mistake or shows unbelievable weakness that gifts the opposition a goal. Its not their fault per se that they find themselves with the majority of possession and with growing pressure its making it harder to get the ball in to good areas for us but they are a liability, each and every one of them.

I also thought Luke Thomas was horrid tonight too, his end product is getting worse as well. Was always a good crosser but that's been quickly ripped from him.

Partially agree but whoever you put under that amount of pressure and expect faultless game every week in and out, is just not realistic.

Our immediate problem lays within our midfielders. 

That's what I strongly believe. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Honestly, why is everyone so surprised and shocked?

It’s almost as if some fans have been sleepwalking into this for months.

Have you not seen this dire football we’ve been playing, it has got worst but it’s always been crap and always will be, there were certainly cause for alarm bells to be ringing.

I asked the other week is what we’re witnessing much different to the Puel days? 

I think the reason some like myself are much slower to realise is because for huge chunks of his time here we've played some astonishing football and scored more goals than we have under any other manager at this level in the modern era. Most managers have limitations and someone like Puel never had us playing attacking football other than the odd game, but with Rodgers it's just gone to rat shit and you have to wonder if his purist ways and over coaching and analysing might be stifling the players right now.

Hopefully he masterminds an upturn, he's more than capable but he's got to swallow his pride.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

That's what we've really got to hope will happen, I don't see this malaise turning for a while unless we are very fortunate with Evans coming back and staying fit and hopefully Justin coming back too. Defensively we are an abomination and I've no idea why we can't take risks with our midfield and attack before waiting to go a goal or two down. 

Where he inherited a decent squad with desire at the start. I sort of fear we’ve wandered into an issue whereby we’ve had numerous long injuries, players are running contracts down, others have been here so long they’ve gone stale, others haven’t got moves they probably wanted and are demotivated or even worse, not good to have about. Then you have new players settling and others who probably would fancy a fresh challenge if it arose as they’ve done all they probably can here

Chuck in that Rodgers issues as @Finneganhighlighted and I’m worried. But, we still have more than enough to snap the fook out of it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We’ve not won the FA Cup in our entire history, we played the European Champions elect, a team with a budget and squad that dwarfs ours, and played more than one game in the cup. But APPARENTLY he gets no credit for that, because two of our players did their job and played well.

And Apparently, two of the best league finishes in our history he also gets no credit. Because, of other teams… despite all the other clubs having the same teams to play and not being able to do it. 

Are there issues, yes, is he perfect, no. But I’m sorry, if you spout shite and give no credit at all, then expect people to point out that shite. 

You could have said exactly the same in 2016-2017, and wish to hang onto Ranieri because of his accomplishments in the previous season ... and we would almost certainly have been relegated.