Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Hopefully if he goes iverson and cags both get a chance again as ward isn’t good at all . Maybe cags will come good again with a new manager maybe not but it’s got to be worth a try. He can’t be in charge for the villa game now if we want any kind of chance of getting points. He doesn’t want to be here by the looks of things anyway 

17 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Remember that toe-curling double interview with his “hero” Mourinho on BT before the Roma semi final  game? The one we didn’t turn up for ? I think he’s been on the phone to his hero again - this is classic Jose …

Piper said much the same in his post match remarks. Absolutely out of Mourinho's text book.

Just heard his post match interview and he just can't help himself can he. Comment 'we are struggling, in fact we've been struggling since the beginning of pre season. There he goes again blaming the lack of signings. I was a fan but now hope he's gone in the morning. 

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 1

I seriously think if we sack Brendan and get somebody in half decent who can calm the team down, play more attacking forward thinking football. I am fairly confident we can turn this around quite quickly, no way are these players bad. The system is bad, not the players! Get this clown out I mean enough is enough. 

Edited by FoxyPalace.com
  • Like 4

The comparisons with Taylor are wide of the mark for two polar opposite reasons. The first is that Rodgers, for much of his reign, was very good. The other, conversely, is that we actually started the 2001/02 season better than this one.

The major issue now is basic professionalism. The constant references to his squad's shortcomings, as opposed to their credentials, are clearly damaging. The last time I remember a manager's professionalism being questioned when under pressure, to the extent that people seriously wondered whether he was working for us or against us, was when the shots of Little laughing were screened in late 1994, during his final game. I had my doubts as to how significant that incident was, but I'd be really naive if I thought that Rodgers wasn't trying to protect his own brand at the expense of ours. I actually think he's been quite unintelligent, clumsy and obvious in how he's gone about it, regardless of whether the likes of Paul Merson and Robbie Savage are fooled.

It's appalling to hear a manager suggesting that our fans are undermining our players' confidence, when he's the one who has gone on the record day-in day-out saying that they're not good enough. Clearly, the fans' frustration is because they do respect our players and know that they're better than this, NOT because we haven't had another Brendan spending spree.

It's beyond obvious that he needs to go, and that if he doesn't the consequences may be dire. We could beat Villa next week, and then have to see us getting cut further adrift as we edge up to the third and then the half-way stage. I doubt very much that, if we wait until February as we did with Claudio, we'd have much chance of saving ourselves by that point.

I don't believe a new manager will breeze in and instantly get a tune out of these guys. We expected this when many other divisive managers left - Pleat, Little, Taylor, Adams, Levein, Sven - but it can take time. You don't always get the bounce that Shakespeare, Puel or BR got. Confidence is shot now, the team is afrift, resources are limited, key players are ageing. That looks like a recipe for disaster, and it might take time to turn the corner. Remember that a squad with Walker, Elliott, Taggart, Sinclair, Savage, Izzet, Piper and Dickov once got relegated, at a time when we'd all supposed it'd be resurgent as soon as an oddly stubborn media-darling manager with a maddening possession-football ethos got his marching orders. When things hit rock bottom (and they have) there are no guarantees it'll get better. After 2001 it took us around a decade and a half to truly recover!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Just heard his post match interview and he just can't help himself can he. Comment 'we are struggling, in fact we've been struggling since the beginning of pre season. There he goes again blaming the lack of signings. I was a fan but now hope he's gone in the morning. 

The part that is baffling me is the pre season element. There was all this talk (and even glimpses) of this new system where the full backs make some sort of fancy run that would transform us. It would get more people into the box etc. 

I know we lost Ricardo but I've not seen a glimps of it!! 

We look like we have since the restart post pandemic. Lazy. Unfit. Directionless.