Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

To be fair the prospect of this bugger in charge when we could have Pearson makes me sick. But, anything for a strong character with man management!! 

What is this ridiculous nonsense about Nigel Pearson? Absolutely nonsensical to take him over Dyche, a manager who kept a shit team up for a long time, and possibly would have kept Burnley up last season. Pearson's done nothing since leaving Leicester and he's a mediocre Championship manager at best. 

The sentimentalism is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

What is this ridiculous nonsense about Nigel Pearson? Absolutely nonsensical to take him over Dyche, a manager who kept a shit team up for a long time, and possibly would have kept Burnley up last season. Pearson's done nothing since leaving Leicester and he's a mediocre Championship manager at best. 

Exactly. Bizarre all this Pearson talk. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I'm firmly in the out camp now but not sure why some people are keen to plant his name in the same arena as Peter Taylor? His time here is coming to an end, the longer it goes on the more painful it will probably be, but he has done a bloody decent job here. You can't deny that? 

I'm sure Stan will cover it better when he makes his "Thank You Brendan" thread once he's gone :ph34r:

He's taken a very good top six team of players he inherited and turned them into what we are now. Which is rock bottom relegation candidates?

One massive coup in the FA Cup and 2 good finishes that we actually warranted at the very least when you take the circumstances of the other big 6 clubs etc into context. Since then it's been a steady downward decline as he's run out of ideas and got bored of his no longer shiny new toy.

He did the same when he inherited an excellent Liverpool squad and then again when he took over Celtic whilst Rangers were in shambles. He's good at coaching for 18 months at least but he's had more than an element of luck and always ended on a sour note when asked to build on his initial success.

Now look at all his excuses blaming everyone, fans included as of today, whilst accepting no responsibility on himself and you can see why it is turning toxic.

Edited by BigGibbo
  • Like 1

Agree regarding the sentimentality over Pearson. Forever a Leicester City legend and welcome here any time except for one place - the home dugout. He's struggled massively since leaving us and even Bristol City aren't great. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Don't do it man! I said he did a great job and he was my fave manager since O'Neil, but didn't want him back and got a telling off. You are ripe for a spanking! 

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Was here for Brendan comments.

Staying for the response to this.

Did he tell you to FOAD or something? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Dyche over Pearson 1000%

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Get in the bin lmao 

• Like 1

Sentimentalism or not, it’s clear now that Brendan Rodgers got as much tactical acumen as a pile of dogsh*t.

9 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Official account hasn't tweeted anything since the final whistle, apart from thanking the travelling fans. Usually they'd be pumping out all sorts post-match. Sign that an announcement is coming? 🤔

Check the club website there is a post match video of Daka and a piece from Brendan :mad:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Don't do it man! I said he did a great job and he was my fave manager since O'Neil, but didn't want him back and got a telling off. You are ripe for a spanking! 

He's won nothing since the Championship with us, absolutely Championship at best. It'd be a huge step back for us as a club. 

Genuinely don't understand the sentimental attitude fans have towards him. Because he called a journalist an Ostrich, throttled MacArthur on the touchline he's some messiah.

Whilst we're at it we might as well get Paulo Sousa back, he's won the Israeli League with Maccabi Haifa and the Swiss League with Basel. Plus that bloke from back in the day can re-release his Peri Peri Paulo Sousa Pie song again. (Anyone remember that?) 

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

He's taken a very good top six team of players he inherited and turned them into what we are now. Which is rock bottom relegation candidates?

One massive coup in the FA Cup and 2 good finishes that we actually warranted at the every least when you take the circumstances of the other big 6 clubs etc into context. Since then it's been a steady downward decline as he's run out of ideas and got bored of his no longer shiny new toy.

He did the same when he inherited an excellent Liverpool squad and then again when he took over Celtic whilst Rangers were in shambles. He's good at coaching for 18 months at least but he's had more than an element of luck and always ended on a sour note when asked to build on his initial success.

Now look at all his excuses blaming everyone, fans included as of today, whilst accepting no responsibility on himself and you can see why it is turning toxic.

Steady downward decline from 5th to what, 8th? lol I get that we're bottom, I get that if Rodgers were to finish the season with us the odds would be astronomical for us to finish 8th or higher this season. But we're 6 games into the season having had a fairly difficult start (albeit with two very winnable home games which we took 1pt from). Don't get me wrong I want him gone now and can't see him turning this around even if he did get a few more weeks, but its a bit OTT

• Like 1

Just now, Mike1983 said:

Sentimentalism or not, it’s clear now that Brendan Rodgers got as much tactical acumen as a pile of dogsh*t.

He must of had something to get us 5th twice and win an FA cup, he has lost his mojo, I don't think there's much difference between the other 11 clubs that aren't the big 6 or newly promoted teams. An when you lose that 10%-20% impact a coach has, you can go from 5th-15th or worse in this league.

I really wouldn't be against us giving Dyche a go like some people are. I don't get all into the nitty gritty of styles/tactics etc but I would just like us to get back to doing the basics well, something Dyche has been good at and something we have not been good at for a while. It won't be Rodgers-style football from his first couple of seasons here but it should atleast be effective.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Should think we’re around the time where the team coach will be getting back, if it’s going to happen tonight you’d think he’d be pulled straight in as they get off the bus. 

I’d imagine they flew down 

Edited by AjcW

Looking good ?

Next Premier League Manager to Leave

• Sunday 28th May 2023 16:00
  • Manager Specials
Brendan Rodgers
1/3
Steven Gerrard
6/1
Thomas Tuchel
11/1
Bruno Lage
12/1
Frank Lampard
12/1

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

I really wouldn't be against us giving Dyche a go like some people are. I don't get all into the nitty gritty of styles/tactics etc but I would just like us to get back to doing the basics well, something Dyche has been good at and something we have not been good at for a while. It won't be Rodgers-style football from his first couple of seasons here but it should atleast be effective.

If we are going to have to invest less for a while whist we try and develop our turnover off the pitch Dyche has proven he can do that over a number of years. At least we would turn up ready to battle and with players clear about their roles and strengths. Think a few of our players would be transformed for the better. 

21 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I'm firmly in the out camp now but not sure why some people are keen to plant his name in the same arena as Peter Taylor?

21 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

True. But at least he’s done that having actually finished in the top six with them a couple of times and won the FA Cup along the way. There’s no way on god’s green earth that compares with Taylor’s remarkable achievement of turning a top-half team into a disaster zone in a matter of months, and then signing Dennis Wise just to ice the nightmare cake.

(Edited to point out that I am an idiot and messed up the quoting a bit)

Edited by Phil Bowman