Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Not Dyche unless it's just until the end of the season and then a review. I think a lot of people forget how boring the football his teams play is. We've been so used to a better standard of football fans would turn on him. I get that it's anyone but Rodgers at the moment and he would sort the defence but totally underwhelming 

• Haha 1

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Not Dyche unless it's just until the end of the season and then a review. I think a lot of people forget how boring the football his teams play is. We've been so used to a better standard of football fans would turn on him. I get that it's anyone but Rodgers at the moment and he would sort the defence but totally underwhelming 

We're used to boring football. He will fit right in. 

• Like 1

The way Leicester defended in Sunday’s 5-2 loss to Brighton cannot be blamed on the hierarchy, though Rodgers has a point when he says that “with the greatest respect, we haven’t been helped in the transfer market”. That will win him no friends in the boardroom, it is also a cop-out which does not explain the total absence of spirit that has shunted his side to the bottom of the table. 

:appl:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-end-road-leicester-demise-above-1832541

• Like 2

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

And not a shadow of irony.

7 minutes ago, itude said:

Looking good ?

Next Premier League Manager to Leave

• Sunday 28th May 2023 16:00
  • Manager Specials
Brendan Rodgers
1/3
Steven Gerrard
6/1
Thomas Tuchel
11/1
Bruno Lage
12/1
Frank Lampard
12/1

Think thats just fairly obvious now, was a bit more exciting after the Soton game when it was a little less obvious and the odds were always coming down thanks to Bert

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

With Dyche it might be boring but might actually grind out a few results which is what we need more now than pretty football . Not saying it should be him but i doubt it will be any one on any one’s wish list like poch or potter 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The snobbery towards Dyche does need to be dropped. We’re in shit situation now, and the club are in severe danger of being relegated, which would be catastrophic for the club.

Brendan has damaged the image of the club too, by very cleverly shifting the blame into the club, no top manager will want to come within five feet of us until we can prove we’re stable. 

To the rest of the country we’re skint, so who would want to work with that. 

For me we need a grafter, even if it is for a short period. We can’t afford to piss about with an unknown because if it backfires we could be in a mess. 

The next love needs to be a necessary one, not sexy, but one that will give us the best chance of turning this mess around. 

Dyche may not be a sexy choice, he may not be people first choice, but he would take no shit, probably wouldn’t really give a toss about the budget, and would probably get is in some form of working order. 

We need someone to inject some belief and passion back into the team, I have great admiration for what he did at Burnley, he took a bunch of ordinary players as far as he could. 

We just need some stability until the end of the season to try and get the side settled, make ourselves harder to beat and be prepared to scrap. We’re in a dog fight now, and in this state we’re woefully unprepared for it. 

Fantastic post.  18 month initial contract. Get him in straight away. He is an absolute no nonsense character, which I think is exactly what this squad need right now. Definitely not my idea of an ideal manager, far from it, but we need someone to stop this rapid decline and fast. Sexy football can take a back seat until we have a happy, confident and motivated squad again. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

The way Leicester defended in Sunday’s 5-2 loss to Brighton cannot be blamed on the hierarchy, though Rodgers has a point when he says that “with the greatest respect, we haven’t been helped in the transfer market”. That will win him no friends in the boardroom, it is also a cop-out which does not explain the total absence of spirit that has shunted his side to the bottom of the table. 

:appl:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-end-road-leicester-demise-above-1832541

Looks like even the footballing journalists can see what we have had to put up with

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Honestly, be careful about wishing for Dyche.. no doubts he would sort us out defensively but he is not the right man for this club!

Why isn't he the right man for this club? 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The snobbery towards Dyche does need to be dropped. We’re in shit situation now, and the club are in severe danger of being relegated, which would be catastrophic for the club.

Brendan has damaged the image of the club too, by very cleverly shifting the blame into the club, no top manager will want to come within five feet of us until we can prove we’re stable. 

To the rest of the country we’re skint, so who would want to work with that. 

For me we need a grafter, even if it is for a short period. We can’t afford to piss about with an unknown because if it backfires we could be in a mess. 

The next love needs to be a necessary one, not sexy, but one that will give us the best chance of turning this mess around. 

Dyche may not be a sexy choice, he may not be people first choice, but he would take no shit, probably wouldn’t really give a toss about the budget, and would probably get is in some form of working order. 

We need someone to inject some belief and passion back into the team, I have great admiration for what he did at Burnley, he took a bunch of ordinary players as far as he could. 

We just need some stability until the end of the season to try and get the side settled, make ourselves harder to beat and be prepared to scrap. We’re in a dog fight now, and in this state we’re woefully unprepared for it. 

You are talking like it’s March. We have 32 matches to go and I’m pretty confident that anyone, even a caretaker, will improve this team in the short term. So many of our issues stem from Rodgers.

Dyche would be a disaster in the long run. Within a few months we’ll all be sick of the style of play, sick of his nonsense in interviews and wondering why players like Maddison are desperate to get away.

Plus I’m doubtful that he could get a tune out of this squad. Tactically the squad is far from suited to his style and then there is the personality of our players. Dyche needs no nonsense, hard working professionals. Albrighton, Vardy and Evans would be ok, but I can’t see the rest being enthused by the thought of being managed by him. 

Burnley fans were glad to see the back of him. That says it all.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 3