Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Honestly, be careful about wishing for Dyche.. no doubts he would sort us out defensively but he is not the right man for this club!

Couple of weeks ago where it looked like a bad start, with still lofty ambitions of Europe, I'd have agreed with you.

2 weeks on with quickly regressing playing styles..... I'd be tempted by dyche 

Just now, Aleksz said:

Definitely a bit of a social media blackout tonight. Club feed is quiet, no posts from the players. Definitely afoot I think.

He will probably be pulled for a meeting this evening and will be announced in the morning.

The club website is pretty active..

LATEST HEADLINES

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Why isn't he the right man for this club? 

Doesn’t allow his teams fluidity and expression, when he got the bullet from Burnley if I recall correctly their players came out and admitted to this. Sure we need a manager to shore up defence but not too much to the detriment to our attack.

Just now, Ricey said:

You are taking like it’s March. We have 32 matches to go and I’m pretty confident that anyone, even a caretaker, will improve this team in the short term. So many of our issues stem from Rodgers.

Dyche would be a disaster in the long run. Within a few months we’ll all be sick of the style of play, sick of his nonsense in interviews and wondering why players like Maddison are desperate to get away.

Maddison will be desperate to get away next summer, no matter who comes in. Same as Tielemans, Soyuncu and maybe a few others too. That's part of the problem, we are a team in transition, and not for the better. We likely won't have big funds in January or next summer either. What high calibre manager is going to join us with those realities? And if they somehow do, will they be the same as Rodgers and throw a hissy when they can't sign the players they want? At least with Dyche, we know he works on tight budgets, and can get teams to defend and also won't take any crap. 

Who do you want Ricey? I am more than happy to root for another manager if he ticks the boxes we need right now and can work under these circumstances. 

7 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Honestly, be careful about wishing for Dyche.. no doubts he would sort us out defensively but he is not the right man for this club!

The right man for this club right now is the one who can prevent us getting relegated.

• Like 4

Dyche kept Burnley up for years with Ashley Barnes as a main striker, for all those knocking him look what he worked with it is not just what they could pay for players but the pay structure. A short term contract to sort out a short term problem, 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Maddison will be desperate to get away next summer, no matter who comes in. Same as Tielemans, Soyuncu and maybe a few others too. That's part of the problem, we are a team in transition, and not for the better. We likely won't have big funds in January or next summer either. What high calibre manager is going to join us with those realities? And if they somehow do, will they be the same as Rodgers and throw a hissy when they can't sign the players they want? At least with Dyche, we know he works on tight budgets, and can get teams to defend and also won't take any crap. 

Who do you want Ricey? I am more than happy to root for another manager if he ticks the boxes we need right now and can work under these circumstances. 

Very few players are going to want to come to us if Sean Dyche is the manager. You can also kiss goodbye to attracting talent in departments like data analytics, sports science etc as Dyche is well known to be sceptical about those things. He belongs in the Championship.

I don’t need to have a list of alternatives to be express my opinion regarding Dyche. There are plenty of other options out there to explore before we end up going nuclear and hiring a Dyche, Pearson, Benetiz etc.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Dyche kept Burnley up for years with Ashley Barnes as a main striker, for all those knocking him look what he worked with it is not just what they could pay for players but the pay structure. A short term contract to sort out a short term problem, 

Barnes wasn’t the main striker. It was Chris Wood and when Dyche had his moment to fresh it up, he went with Weghorst and it was a failure. 

Had his biggest opportunity to be expansive last season and backfired. 

People are playing down what prospective managers will see. A lot will be confident it won’t take much to sort this season out 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Was previously of the opinion that it had just gone stale, as it often does after a few seasons in role for a manager, and that we needed an amicable parting of the ways.

Now, however, with every passing press conference comment and decision being made that is clearly all about personal interest, I’m beginning to hate the man.

Absolutely. 

It really cannot be stated enough how badly he has managed this situation both on the pitch and off it. Totally unsuited, it seems, to a bit of adversity and difficulty.  Any sympathy or understanding I had with his frustrations has gone completely.

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The snobbery towards Dyche does need to be dropped. We’re in shit situation now, and the club are in severe danger of being relegated, which would be catastrophic for the club.

Brendan has damaged the image of the club too, by very cleverly shifting the blame into the club, no top manager will want to come within five feet of us until we can prove we’re stable. 

To the rest of the country we’re skint, so who would want to work with that. 

For me we need a grafter, even if it is for a short period. We can’t afford to piss about with an unknown because if it backfires we could be in a mess. 

The next move needs to be a necessary one, not sexy, but one that will give us the best chance of turning this mess around. 

Dyche may not be a sexy choice, he may not be people first choice, but he would take no shit, probably wouldn’t really give a toss about the budget, and would probably get us in some form of working order. 

We need someone to inject some belief and passion back into the team, I have great admiration for what he did at Burnley, he took a bunch of ordinary players as far as he could. 

We just need some stability until the end of the season to try and get the side settled, make ourselves harder to beat and be prepared to scrap. We’re in a dog fight now, and in this state we’re woefully unprepared for it. 

Only if it's until the end of the season I can get behind this.

However, what your post does highlight is that we've left this too late, which is what I warned against. We are now in a scramble to find stability, whereas if we'd have sacked him in the middle or at the end of last season we'd have been able to be more open minded with our selection of the next manager and we'd be able to take more of a chance.

We now need results quickly and we only have ourselves to blame for not being proactive before we got into this predictable mess. The decline was slow but abundantly clear for quite some time.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The snobbery towards Dyche does need to be dropped. We’re in shit situation now, and the club are in severe danger of being relegated, which would be catastrophic for the club.

Brendan has damaged the image of the club too, by very cleverly shifting the blame into the club, no top manager will want to come within five feet of us until we can prove we’re stable. 

To the rest of the country we’re skint, so who would want to work with that. 

For me we need a grafter, even if it is for a short period. We can’t afford to piss about with an unknown because if it backfires we could be in a mess. 

The next move needs to be a necessary one, not sexy, but one that will give us the best chance of turning this mess around. 

Dyche may not be a sexy choice, he may not be people first choice, but he would take no shit, probably wouldn’t really give a toss about the budget, and would probably get us in some form of working order. 

We need someone to inject some belief and passion back into the team, I have great admiration for what he did at Burnley, he took a bunch of ordinary players as far as he could. 

We just need some stability until the end of the season to try and get the side settled, make ourselves harder to beat and be prepared to scrap. We’re in a dog fight now, and in this state we’re woefully unprepared for it. 

You are correct, a lot of it is snobbery, or just dumb comments such as "Dyche is a ****"

Do some people think that at the moment we are an attractive proposition ??

Deluded !

Just now, Corky said:

Absolutely. 

It really cannot be stated enough how badly he has managed this situation both on the pitch and off it. Totally unsuited, it seems, to a bit of adversity and difficulty.  Any sympathy or understanding I had with his frustrations has gone completely.

Yup. He is burning all bridges on his way out it seems. All the bad parts of his character are on full display when it isn't going his way, and I don't think Top will put up with it any longer. I still think he has a been a success here, but unfortunately, he has made some mistakes which are now catching up with him and more importantly, us. 

• Like 2