Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

You could have said exactly the same in 2016-2017, and wish to hang onto Ranieri because of his accomplishments in the previous season ... and we would almost certainly have been relegated.

What are you talking about. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I personally said it after the end of last season that I felt he'd taken us as far as he could go.  The FA Cup win hid the fact that it was another catastrophic end to the season.  Two chokes off historic proportions in succession.  I just fear the latest one has broken our back somewhat.

Maybe it's best if both parties walk away.  His time here will go down as a remarkable success given the history of the club before him but this can't go on.  The energy, passion, tempo, style of play, team-spirit are miles off where it needs to be and if something doesn't change we'll be dragged in to a bottom six dogfight.  He has been significantly backed this summer in terms of net spend which has been uncharacteristic of the club and I doubt the owners will be best pleased with what they are seeing.  Especially with the size of our wage bill!

I don't believe he should be sacked and I don't think he will be unless we dip in to the bottom 3 from here on out but I would expect a parting of the ways next summer.

Personally I'd like to see Potter, Frank or Howe given a chance here.  A new vision for a new rebuild.

Thomas Frank is the man , but we’ll have to be quick others will sniff around .  You can see he is intelligent and give him our players we could do something .  Never rated Rodgers , even if he won us the Europa I’ll smile for a short while and wouldn’t be at loss if he then went on .  Charleton

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Thomas Frank is the man , but we’ll have to be quick others will sniff around .  You can see he is intelligent and give him our players we could do something .  Never rated Rodgers , even if he won us the Europa I’ll smile for a short while and wouldn’t be at loss if he then went on .  Charleton

Thomas Frank is the ultimate bottler

It's very Puelesque, and so frustrating as we CAN play some beautiful scintillating football ... but seem to hand the momentum to the opposition every single game, we simply never start brightly anymore.

Surely if you're BR and want to make the game a 30 minute game then win the first 30 and then manage the rest. Not hope to get to 60 mins at 0-0.

7 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Agree entirely, a good football style and easy transition too.

6 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Personally I’d be skeptical of a manager from a team that’s just got promoted. Many teams like this have a great 1st season riding the crest of a wave. Good examples include Chris Wilder, Nuno, Biesla.

We have lost some influential players from the dressing room: Morgan, Fuchs, King. Also, if you look at our wage bill we’ve actually over achieved in recent seasons 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I was strongly Rodgers out when we bottled top 4 the first time, tbh I don't think there is much point pulling the trigger now, we aren't in that position and there's no chance a new manager could get us into that position this season so let's see where we are at the end of the season. Obvs if we start getting cut adrift then wilder in

Tbf this does generally reflect my thoughts apart from the last sentence which I hope is a joke.

He's earnt far more patience than simply saying get rid now. I do think just shouting 'who else is available?' is a bit lazy unless you've done a detailed analysis of most of the top flight clubs in Europe though, as the club would do. I think plenty of managers would leave their current club for us and they've shown how much they're willing to pay managers now, and it's a lot.

Should definitely be sticking with Rodgers for the time being though.

14 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Thomas Frank is not leaving Brentford 

not this season 

even if man United offered him the job now he would not walk out on Brentford mid season 

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Personally I’d be skeptical of a manager from a team that’s just got promoted. Many teams like this have a great 1st season riding the crest of a wave. Good examples include Chris Wilder, Nuno, Biesla.

We have lost some influential players from the dressing room: Morgan, Fuchs, King. Also, if you look at our wage bill we’ve actually over achieved in recent seasons 

We could have been so much more .  Let’s be honest Chelsea in the final had one eye on the cl final and community shield Man City just didn’t turn up . Br is weak .

3 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

I resently said   Rodgers  mask is slipping,  people question what I said, Hmmm, I chose not to answer then, 

Lol what mask? 2 top 5 finishes and an FA cup with an injury list that’s crazy and minimal transfers in terms of bet spend and wages? 😂😂 Jesus reading this forum is bad for my health, deluded people who say they support Leicester, wow. Best time of our lives the last 6 years and fans moan, imagine if you lot all excited under pleat, or having a team of beer Brian little that was shit but won games. Get a ****ing grip man and realise that half the league have more money, higher wages etc and at some point that will show in the table. But **** me the season hasn’t started yet, let’s look again after Xmas and then judge m. For me finishing 6th would be another great season

• Like 2