Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Ok, so that’s where we are at now? We want someone just to keep us up season after season at any cost?

Christ, I think Rodger’s constant downplaying of this squad and club has seeped into the fans.

We have a squad of international players. We have a fair number that are wanted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe. We have one of the best training grounds around, owners who are widely regarded as some of the best and a stadium revamp coming soon. Yes we have financial issues now, but hopefully this summer plus losing a few more high earners next summer should solve that.

This is a good squad. More than good enough to be top half. A new man, pretty much any new man, should be able to inject some life into us in the short term. Even Claude Puel managed it for a bit.

That's not what the original point was it was suggested a short term contract to sort the hopeful short term issues.

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I don’t know … I’ve been involved in hundreds of MHA’s and I’m sure I can get him detained. He’s so in love with his philosophy and his arrogance … surely delusional and grandiose lol  

Ha ha, if you are a shrink we can do it, if you are same as me, we can't :(

But yes ,plenty of experience here, so my comments about this are no joke, he fits the profile very very well

We have a manager now that doesn’t want to be here, wants the sack, blames everything but himself. The problems that have been in this team have been for the last 18months we cannot defend! Anything aerial players are afraid to put a proper tackle in most of them are jogging around 2-3 yards off the opposition when off the ball! With the ball we pass around go backwards there’s no fight in the team or the manager! We have no press off the ball no1 is busting a bollocck to get the ball back! Wtf is he writing in this notebook because it ain’t working! He isn’t the elite manager the media make him out to be he’s installed a rot into this squad now that for a new manager coming in is going to find it very difficult to shake! I really can’t believe how the board have allowed this to happen for so long that it’s going to take a lot to get the mentality right in the squad again people should really start fearing relegation this season because if something isn’t done sharpish it’s going to be too late! The whole lot of them need a kick up the arse because the standard isn’t anywhere near good enough

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

That's not what the original point was it was suggested a short term contract to sort the hopeful short term issues.

It's such a difficult thing to manage though. If he does ok then there is pressure to stick with him. We need to learn lessons from Shakespeare, or any of the other clubs that have hired short-term managers recently. It very rarely works.

We need someone to come in that the fans and players can get behind and believe in. Someone to give us optimism for the future. It's very hard to achieve that with a short-term fix manager.

He will not go on his own, Narcissistic personality types do not. They hang on till they get chopped, then blame everyone else for that.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly that 95% of managers believe they can turn things around. Most of the foreign based ones see a chance to get their name about. They’ve gotta win 1 in 3 plus a handful of draws. 

Next season is tougher but some may see the chance to reform the squad with what they want when 7 are off the wage bills plus a major departure. 

Decent scouting and we can do what we've traditionally done since promotion and replace the outgoings with cheaper players who accumulate value. 

It's why I'd advocate going for someone who's worked on a tight budget or for a club who've had to sell to bigger fish in the past. Hence my new obsession with Fischer and De Zerbi.

Hes not going to walk.

We cant pay him off.

He is deluded to think we can turn this around as the downhill trend has been for over a year.

Hes bought the players he has(Bertrand, Vestergaard, Praet etc) hes decided who the No.1 keeper.

We STILL cant defend and he picks his coaching staff.

So what's going to happen??

His comments today have riled me. I never thought it would be possible to hate a manager this much that won us the FA Cup.

It's not even so much the results, or even the performance levels, it's the absolute nonsense coming out of his mouth. He is in full survival mode and is throwing everyone, including the owners, under the bus in the process. I thought he has more class than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Hes not going to walk.

We cant pay him off.

He is deluded to think we can turn this around as the downhill trend has been for over a year.

Hes bought the players he has(Bertrand, Vestergaard, Praet etc) hes decided who the No.1 keeper.

We will get relegated and then he will walk 

He will get the vote of confidence this week I have no doubt about it, but it shouldn't even go that far, I've never in my time supporting the club wanted a manager out as bad as I do now, I wouldn't ever go as far as saying I hate the man, but I hate what he's doing to a talented bunch of players who can perform better then what they are doing, I hate the way he spins words and has most of the media eating from the palm of his hand, I hate the way he's very cleverly and publicly outed the board with his interviews, I hate the way that even after going a goal up today after 2 minutes knowing that to get anything from the game we would need at least another 2-3 goals, he's sucked the soul out of not only the players by publicly saying they aren't good enough but now the fans with his comments today 

As I stated in another post regarding him, I won't waste another 2 hours or so of my time watching the utter garbage that is being served up every matchday whilst the man's in charge 

Yet I fear he is here for a while longer yet 

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Hes not going to walk.

We cant pay him off.

Unstoppable force v immovable object ?

Relegation and chaos if some agreement is not reached very soon

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

We will get relegated and then he will walk 

This wont last til the end of the season, something  will have to give.

Either BRs pride or the Board bite the bullet.

I'm no state  but I'd love to know if any team has stayed up after such a bad start.