Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

It's such a difficult thing to manage though. If he does ok then there is pressure to stick with him. We need to learn lessons from Shakespeare, or any of the other clubs that have hired short-term managers recently. It very rarely works.

We need someone to come in that the fans and players can get behind and believe in. Someone to give us optimism for the future. It's very hard to achieve that with a short-term fix manager.

I agree but we have issues at the moment, not just on the pitch but financially as well, we need to regroup, long term contracts  has led to the current situation, we need a new voice if they're successful, let's not get carried away with 5 year deals, unless prepared to spend endless  amounts of money, lessons will have been learnt here of the back of the current situation.

13 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

You’d think so if the last 20 mins was anything to go by. Shame Sky had to switch straight to OT as Keane et al would have gone to town on him I’m sure.

I mentioned it earlier, but I think the lack of effort and desire to win the ball back when we went 4-2 down was really telling. I had previously thought they were actually trying for him, just being a bit shit, not today though. It's beyond untenable now.

• Thanks 1

It’s funny - I want a Brendan gone now. Actually, I wanted him gone weeks ago. But I can’t quite get myself to hold a banner and chant Rogers out over and over. He’s an arrogant twat but he has provided us with some amazing times! 

Just now, Vazman said:

I agree but we have issues at the moment, not just on the pitch but financially as well, we need to regroup, long term contracts  has led to the current situation, we need a new voice if they're successful, let's not get carried away with 5 year deals, unless prepared to spend endless  amounts of money, lessons will have been learnt here of the back of the current situation.

I agree, but there is a middle ground

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

For the sake of some balance, Rodgers took responsibility today. 

He said something thick about the fans, but he acknowledged the buck stops with him. 

Very brave of him I'm sure, and long overdue, no sympathy  for him 

• Like 1

"A loss v Brighton and Rodgers gets the sack" ??

Bull, total bull, heard  so many times recently that he will be gone if ......

Doesn't happen does it ?

Needs decisive action, seems the "top" will not do that, so on and on it goes, when it will end, nobody knows.

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

...because Burnley and Dyche were a match made in heaven. It was a club that enabled his way of doing things and had a group of fans who were fine with that style whilst it was working. That won't be the case here.

but he has already said his way of doing things were a direct result of Burnley's budget and wage restrictions. People harp on about his record signing Weghorst , but fail to say he cost them the grand total of £15million pounds, which was about what we spent on our back up goalkeeper. 

But seriously, chuck some names at us. You must have a few in mind which tick your boxes. I want Poch or Potter, but neither will come. Dyche is available now, knows the league, had success with a limited budget and could certainly get us midtable this season. 18 month contract. Shift the deadwood, balance the books, and evaluate his contract at the end of that period. If it is typical Burnley hoof, get him moved on. If not, and he can absolutely adapt his style to the types of players he has as he is claiming, extend it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

It’s funny - I want a Brendan gone now. Actually, I wanted him gone weeks ago. But I can’t quite get myself to hold a banner and chant Rogers out over and over. He’s an arrogant twat but he has provided us with some amazing times! 

Brendan can walk away in some pride in saying "I won you the fa cup for the first time in your history, plus got you back playing European football" The Rodgers era certainly has been a rollercoaster. Sadly the ride must come to an end. 

• Like 1

I don't see the problem with Dyche and his "fight football". I think in our current situation, he is exactly the type of manager we need actually. This team needs fight in them, and Dyche would bring that. A squad full of £4-5 million well thought out and calculated signings worked their socks off for him at Burnley. He kept them comfortably in the Premier League for years on a Championship budget, he is the safe option for me. If we're gambling, I want Marco Rose. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Decent scouting and we can do what we've traditionally done since promotion and replace the outgoings with cheaper players who accumulate value. 

It's why I'd advocate going for someone who's worked on a tight budget or for a club who've had to sell to bigger fish in the past. Hence my new obsession with Fischer and De Zerbi.

Said yesterday a PL novice in Vieira did okay with a rebuild and Marsch looked a risk but came off 

13 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I do not begrudge Rodgers for not walking. Why would you walk away from £15-20m?

I would negotiate a "by mutual agreement" way to end this for a lesser figure.

I don't have a narcissistic personality disorder ( I am just plain bonkers :) ) like him, so he will not do that.

Edited by itude

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

but he has already said his way of doing things were a direct result of Burnley's budget and wage restrictions. People harp on about his record signing Weghorst , but fail to say he cost them the grand total of £15million pounds, which was about what we spent on our back up goalkeeper. 

But seriously, chuck some names at us. You must have a few in mind which tick your boxes. I want Poch or Potter, but neither will come. Dyche is available now, knows the league, had success with a limited budget and could certainly get us midtable this season. 18 month contract. Shift the deadwood, balance the books, and evaluate his contract at the end of that period. If it is typical Burnley hoof, get him moved on. If not, and he can absolutely adapt his style to the types of players he has as he is claiming, extend it. 

He has said that. He has said that for years, but Brendan Rodgers says that his style of play is high pressing, attacking football.

Despite PL TV money for years at Burnley he made no attempt to adapt the style of play. The departure of Wood was the perfect time to at least try it.

Regardless, it would be a real risk to trust in him to play any other way when he has no experience of it. If we hire him we are making peace with the fact that it will be low block, rigid, defensive football.

Gona be another rinse and repeat for next week. Look promising in patches; Maybe even look like we may get a result. Change tactics. Defensive change, make us ‘More solid’ ‘More compact’. Invite them onto us. Through away the game. Brendan back out after telling us how we need to ‘Get behind the team’ ‘Being negative only makes the lads more nervous’.

No Brendan your shit tactics and lack of courage when you have any momentum in a game is what makes the lads nervous.

**** off with your one dimensional management and greedy mindset. No-one wants you here anymore.

I wonder if part of the reason for letting Fofana go was to generate some of the funds to bin Brendan off? 

The next decision is huge, we can’t get this appointment wrong, but I just fear Brendan’s bitching has put us on the back foot already, by portraying us as a problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Said yesterday a PL novice in Vieira did okay with a rebuild and Marsch looked a risk but came off 

Xabi Alonso seems very highly rated and you'd think his contacts in England and Spain would be top notch.

The daft thing is, this has been coming..

even when we were in the dizzy heights of CL places two years running, we couldn’t halt the slump and we missed out… majority of fans on here would say just be grateful of EL football..

last season we may have had injuries but the style of negative football was truly terrible. Fans were literally yelling pass the ball forward during games such was the negative brand..

teams knew if they sat back, we couldn’t break them down..

The negative football has continued this season and we find ourselves where we are now… it was coming..

12 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I do not begrudge Rodgers for not walking. Why would you walk away from £15-20m?

You're missing the point. It's one thing not to resign if you are trying your best to improve the situation and get better at your job, but he isn't.

If your heart isn't in it and you can't give your best, and you have more than enough money to last you a lifetime, and you are in a management position and therefore responsible for other people, and when your role affects something that's important to people in a community, then it is your moral duty to resign.