Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

He has said that. He has said that for years, but Brendan Rodgers says that his style of play is high pressing, attacking football.

Despite PL TV money for years at Burnley he made no attempt to adapt the style of play. The departure of Wood was the perfect time to at least try it.

Regardless, it would be a real risk to trust in him to play any other way when he has no experience of it. If we hire him we are making peace with the fact that it will be low block, rigid, defensive football.

So no other suggestions? Manager market is so limited right now, especially as we have lost our shine a little bit with our financials 

Just now, Bilo said:

Xabi Alonso seems very highly rated and you'd think his contacts in England and Spain would be top notch.

Not a bad shout. Of the foreign guys, I’d go Rose, De Zerbi and Hjulmand from Denmark post WC. 

Leftfield based in England, Edwards at Watford. He’s been involved with the FA, he’s relatively locally based and the sort of bloke who’d love working at Seagrave 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just purely off our current squad, we don’t have the defence capable of winning headers, soaking up pressure and scoring from set pieces for Dyche. Let alone he’s an utter dinosaur at various facets of modern football, we simply aren’t a fit 

We have a lot of footballers in the squad. I don't think he'd have a clue what to do with KDH, Tielemans, Maddison etc.

• Like 1

I said two weeks ago that I don’t care who we get. It’s that bad, just please bin the hypocritical, pathological liar off.

As long as the next manager gets us fighting again and well organised, that is good enough for me. We have quality in our squad, the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 1

Sunk cost fallacy around getting rid of him. We would have to pay him that much money to manage us and continue damaging this club. The cost of getting rid of him is whatever we pay the new manager, which hopefully won't be near the levels of pay we're dishing out to Rodgers. We can afford it and it will be done before Villa.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

So no other suggestions? Manager market is so limited right now, especially as we have lost our shine a little bit with our financials 

We have lost a lot of shine, some really do not seem to get that

Dreams of Poch and so on

Edited by itude

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Never noticed him in Warsaw? Was the bloke arrested for slinging that smoke bomb 

I wasn't in warsaw but hursty sounds very very thirsty.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not a bad shout. Of the foreign guys, I’d go Rose, De Zerbi and Hjulmand from Denmark post WC. 

Leftfield based in England, Edwards at Watford. He’s been involved with the FA, he’s relatively locally based and the sort of bloke who’d love working at Seagrave 

I honestly think for this season alone we need a proper British manger withno how of the prem and someone who can organise us better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just purely off our current squad, we don’t have the defence capable of winning headers, soaking up pressure and scoring from set pieces for Dyche. Let alone he’s an utter dinosaur at various facets of modern football, we simply aren’t a fit 

I think the idea of not being able to defend by means of heading is a myth. Cags and Evans did well enough after Maguire left, I think there has just been a decline in confidence, and overly complicated tactical decision from Brendan. When you come out throwing your players under the bus and staying that they’re “well short of the level required”.  

Brendan has reduced some of our best players to nothing. He seems just as capable of destroying players as well as building them up. 

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

At Burnley he built that squad and built it full of old school players with high work rate and aggression. Brendan Rodgers has built this squad and it's the exact opposite.

Dyche would really struggle to adopt his ways on this current group.

We absolutely do need someone to inject more aggression, more organisation, more of a nasty side. But to stand any chance of staying up we also need someone that can get the best out of players like Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans. That man is not Sean Dyche.

And the messiah is ?

55 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Very few players are going to want to come to us if Sean Dyche is the manager. You can also kiss goodbye to attracting talent in departments like data analytics, sports science etc as Dyche is well known to be sceptical about those things. He belongs in the Championship.

I don’t need to have a list of alternatives to be express my opinion regarding Dyche. There are plenty of other options out there to explore before we end up going nuclear and hiring a Dyche, Pearson, Benetiz etc.

...the existing players are receptive to new ideas, as long as it does not compromise the positions they play, it is not about unruly players doing what they want, when they want, and disrespecting the manager or the club!!!

For some reason, people are looking to bring in an enforcer for a situation that just calls for stability. It just sounds as if they have given up and are not willing to look any further than the next game.

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I said two weeks ago that I don’t care who we get. It’s that bad, just please bin the hypocritical, pathological liar off.

As long as the next manager gets us fighting again and well organised, that is good enough for me. We have quality in our squad, the rest will take care of itself.

I’m inclined to agree . These players shouldn’t be turned over by dog crap like Southampton and Brighton . Rodgers and his BS can just feck off 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

De Zerbi was brilliant at Sassuolo, and it's fairly clear why he had to leave Shakhtar. Our version of a bomb scare is Amartey while theirs is fired from a MiG.

Rose would be interesting, and wouldn't mind seeing what he could do. Would Hjulmand leave the Denmark post?

Edwards would be a brave choice seeing as he's only just started at Watford. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the idea of not being able to defend by means of heading is a myth. Cags and Evans did well enough after Maguire left, I think there has just been a decline in confidence, and overly complicated tactical decision from Brendan. When you come out throwing your players under the bus and staying that they’re “well short of the level required”.  

Brendan has reduced some of our best players to nothing. He seems just as capable of destroying players as well as building them up. 

The way Burnley played was ala Ranieri, let the crosses come in etc. That was my point there - that’s Dyche’s way of how Burnley play and try avoid being caught short in overlaps/outnumbered situations. I agree on the whole it’s not about defending being solely about heading. 

Personally I’d like to have a manager who doesn’t restrict our full backs. Our best moments were them getting involved in the game, let oppositions wingers defender and Wilf can tidy up the break always 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Brendan has likely overcomplicated even the basics of heading the ball clear from danger. Probably demands that it be headed to the feet of one of our players or not headed at all. Certainly feels like that with the way our players seem completely incapable of getting their head on balls. I remember Soyuncu with towering headers when he first broke into the team, and Evans is one of the best too. It's down to coaching and confidence. They are more than capable.