Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

The club’s twitter feed has been completely silent since full time. Usually they post a match report and quotes etc shortly after final whistle, even when we lose. Nothing whatsoever this evening…

Nothing much to say is there. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Guess nothings happening tonight then 

It will be a late announcement if anything…. Landing back in Leicester potentially calling a board meeting and then pulling Brendan in. 

It’s coming regardless, he won’t be in charge for Villa.

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Tony Pulis.

I think this is the problem though. Does anyone genuinely want Sean Dyche as a long-term Leicester manager? No. However, the board are going to have to find someone and maybe over the next week or two. We likely don't have the budget to pay millions in compensation to managers currently in jobs, as well as not being able to offer them a large wage like Rodger's has had, and also can't really say that they will have a large kitty for January to bring in the players they want/need. 

So, I am all for a new exciting manager who can offer us exciting football, with a solid defence and players full of confidence and fight again, but who are we going to get who is available now, realistic, and OK to work on a imbalanced squad, low on confidence, with very limited ability to buy players in January? 

Tough ask. Maybe it is why you are not mentioning names yet. 

Edited by STUHILL

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

The club’s twitter feed has been completely silent since full time. Usually they post a match report and quotes etc shortly after final whistle, even when we lose. Nothing whatsoever this evening…

After the Man Utd match they only tweeted twice, but I guess that was a late one.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The way Burnley played was ala Ranieri, let the crosses come in etc. That was my point there - that’s Dyche’s way of how Burnley play and try avoid being caught short in overlaps/outnumbered situations. I agree on the whole it’s not about defending being solely about heading. 

Personally I’d like to have a manager who doesn’t restrict our full backs. Our best moments were them getting involved in the game, let oppositions wingers defender and Wilf can tidy up the break always 

That's why he's totally unsuited for us. We have good full backs but they wouldn't get over the halfway line. We don't have wingers to cross to a big lump of a CF which we also don't have. I don't think he would like Maddison at all. Our CMs would just be there to stop other sides playing. There must be someone else out of work who would come. 

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Can you blame them, what resemblance of positivity could they post about that, they're probably as annoyed as the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Im praying the next thing they post is  rodgers has bin sacked 🙏

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

I honestly think for this season alone we need a proper British manger withno how of the prem and someone who can organise us better

Last season that didn’t work for Norwich, Watford and nearly went very wrong for Everton. Burnley didn’t act properly went down. By contrast, Leeds stayed up despite a foreign choice. Newcastle did okay. 

20-21 - WBA and Sheff U went with British managers, got relegated 

By contrast we appointed Puel after Shakespeare and were totally fine 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

You do not give any manager invincibility contract. Get him gone….. the longer this goes on the more negative publicity we get, the lower players morale. 

...did you notice Maddison and that tackle, absolutely frustrated with what is going on!!!

I am pretty sure he is wondering where this club is going, game after game we are disorganised and poorly put together and he wants to fight his way to be on the plane, we are chopping his legs off.

But Rodgers, speaking exclusively to talkSPORT, insisted he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Listen,” he said. “I’m young and fresh as a manager and I have enjoyed every minute of my time at Leicester and I will until continue to until someone tells me differently.

“I love working with the group of players. We just have to stay strong and stay focussed. It’s been a difficult start for us and try to work hard to get that confidence back into the players.”

Will someone, anyone in fact, please tell him differently