Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The club’s twitter feed has been completely silent since full time. Usually they post a match report and quotes etc shortly after final whistle, even when we lose. Nothing whatsoever this evening…

Whatever they post will just bring a tirade of negative responses 

it could be of significance- who knows ……

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I think this is the problem though. Does anyone genuinely want Sean Dyche as a long-term Leicester manager? No. However, the board are going to have to find someone and maybe over the next week or two. We likely don't have the budget to pay millions in compensation to mangers currently in jobs, as well as not being able to offer them a large wage like Rodger's has had, and also can't really say that they will have a large kitty for January to bring in the players they want/need. 

So, I am all for a new exciting manager who can offer us exciting football, with a solid defence and players full of confidence and fight again, but who are we going to get who is available now, realistic, and OK to work on a imbalanced squad, low on confidence, with very limited ability to buy players in January? 

Tough ask. Maybe it is why you are not mentioning names yet. 

At least give it a go though. There are lots of names out there who no doubt wouldn't come like Pochettino, Rose, Fischer, Slot, Hjumland, Amorin etc...and maybe some of those aren't right for us and maybe some are too expensive, but we need to give them a shot. Look into it, speak to them, see if any might be a goer. We shouldn't be settling for Sean Dyche so quickly and so early in the season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Surely Top doesn't think that this can continue? What is he waiting for? Rodgers is done....finished....gone....we need to move on and move on quickly

I think he will give him Villa at home and if we don't win that then it's curtains. I would be amazed if they haven't had lawyers looking at the costs of sacking him and people within the club drawing up a shortlist of replacements. It won't be an emotional decision it will be a well planned out chopping. That's the only thing that makes sense at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

That's why he's totally unsuited for us. We have good full backs but they wouldn't get over the halfway line. We don't have wingers to cross to a big lump of a CF which we also don't have. I don't think he would like Maddison at all. Our CMs would just be there to stop other sides playing. There must be someone else out of work who would come. 

Tunnel vision, you are expecting Dyche to play the same brand of football he did at Burnley, and yes it may be required short term, but we have far better players who might get their Mojo back with someone else conducting Dyche really isnt a bad shout all things considered, if we carry on as is we are going to nowhere fast 

Just now, Ricey said:

At least give it a go though. There are lots of names out there who no doubt wouldn't come like Pochettino, Rose, Fischer, Slot, Hjumland, Amorin etc...and maybe some of those aren't right for us and maybe some are too expensive, but we need to give them a shot. Look into it, speak to them, see if any might be a goer. We shouldn't be settling for Sean Dyche so quickly and so early in the season.

If one of those comes, then fair enough. I'd be shocked if so, especially if our financials are as bad as some of the reports are. 

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I think he will give him Villa at home and if we don't win that then it's curtains. I would be amazed if they haven't had lawyers looking at the costs of sacking him and people within the club drawing up a shortlist of replacements. It won't be an emotional decision it will be a well planned out chopping. That's the only thing that makes sense at the moment. 

Why wait until Villa? This isn't getting turned around....he's lost the dressing room....he's lost the fans respect....he's fallen out with players.....none of this is gonna change even if we beat Villa....we have a chance to save our season....we must take it

Just now, tickler28 said:

Why wait until Villa? This isn't getting turned around....he's lost the dressing room....he's lost the fans respect....he's fallen out with players.....none of this is gonna change even if we beat Villa....we have a chance to save our season....we must take it

Waiting till villa just means another 3 points drop, like you said this isn’t changing 

• Like 4

Top and Vichai have never sacked a manager the day of a game I don't think? Puel and Ranieri went a full 24-48 hours after losing to Palace and Sevilla respectively. Can't remember with Shakespeare but either way I wouldn't be too disheartened he hasn't gone yet. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Top and Vichai have never sacked a manager the day of a game I don't think? Puel and Ranieri went a full 24-48 hours after losing to Palace and Sevilla respectively. Can't remember with Shakespeare but either way I wouldn't be too disheartened he hasn't gone yet. ?

Was the Pearson sacking and then reinstatement on the night of the Palace match?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Top and Vichai have never sacked a manager the day of a game I don't think? Puel and Ranieri went a full 24-48 hours after losing to Palace and Sevilla respectively. Can't remember with Shakespeare but either way I wouldn't be too disheartened he hasn't gone yet. 

Yep Puel was the Sunday morning I think after palace. News broke as was coaching a kids game and they were staring over wondering why I was dancing down the touchline 🤣

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing that isn’t sitting easy with me is that there are no rumours. And there hasn’t been. Apart from the WhatsApp farce, there actually hasn’t been a suggestion his job is at risk. Surely there should be something - maybe it comes by way of an article this evening