Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Why wait until Villa? This isn't getting turned around....he's lost the dressing room....he's lost the fans respect....he's fallen out with players.....none of this is gonna change even if we beat Villa....we have a chance to save our season....we must take it

I'm with you but it seems like he's still going to be here for that game at least. 

36 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You're missing the point. It's one thing not to resign if you are trying your best to improve the situation and get better at your job, but he isn't.

If your heart isn't in it and you can't give your best, and you have more than enough money to last you a lifetime, and you are in a management position and therefore responsible for other people, and when your role affects something that's important to people in a community, then it is your moral duty to resign.

Your moral duty will differ from his.

I think he’s shown with his treatment of certain players & his ability to insult the intelligence of the fan base that having a good moral compass isn’t one of his KPIs

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing that isn’t sitting easy with me is that there are no rumours. And there hasn’t been. Apart from the WhatsApp farce, there actually hasn’t been a suggestion his job is at risk. Surely there should be something - maybe it comes by way of an article this evening

Yeah this is the thing. All the previous times there have been some rumours etc. There's nothing but silence regarding Rodgers.  Not even the vote of confidence. 

If Rodgers wants new blood to refresh the squad, how about the academy? You know, the programme that the club spends millions a year on and produced a good few of the current squad. Take out the "complacent" player and put in a U21, you never know, he might be good! 

Edited by Poznan34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Top and Vichai have never sacked a manager the day of a game I don't think? Puel and Ranieri went a full 24-48 hours after losing to Palace and Sevilla respectively. Can't remember with Shakespeare but either way I wouldn't be too disheartened he hasn't gone yet. 

...I am sure someone went on the same day, the game had finished and he was called into a meeting and it was announced later that he was gone, I just cannot recall who it was!!!

I love Top and I resent that comment a certain poster put about Vichai turning in his grave earlier but I have to admit that I feel like he's failing us currently. He's either putting financial reasons or some misplaces loyalty before what's best for the club. This saga needs to end now and the club needs some new ideas and life injected into it

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I am sure someone went on the same day, the game had finished and he was called into a meeting and it was announced later that he was gone, I just cannot recall who it was!!!

Would have to have been Sven after Millwall or Shakespsare after West Brom then.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Wasn’t Ranieri pulled in to a hotel lobby after landing with the team from Sevilla? 

Correct, tho was in east mids raddison blu meeting room. They act quickly. Sven was sacked was in exec box immediately after losing to Millwall 3-0. I think Puel was dismissed like that too. I forget how Sousa went - was it immediately after the 6-0 debacle at Portsmouth 

7 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

If Rodgers wants new blood to refresh the squad, how about the academy? You know, the programme that the club spends millions a year on and produced a good few of the current squad. Take out the "complacent" player and put in a U21, you never know, he might be good! 

This. KDH was probably our best "signing" last season 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Correct, tho was in east mids raddison blu meeting room. They act quickly. Sven was sacked was in exec box immediately after losing to Millwall 3-0. I think Puel was dismissed like that too. I forget how Sousa went - was it immediately after the 6-0 debacle at Portsmouth 

Sousa managed the next game at Norwich, he was sacked later that week.

• Thanks 1