Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Right now I honestly don't think I'd care if he was poached by another club. It's a rash thing to say and I'll probably regret it but a huge shake up is needed here. A malaise has set in and his footballing purist principles are the last thing we need right now. 

You could easily see someone with a more aggressive and dynamic style of play getting hold of this lot and alleviating the pressure on the defence having the ball all the way and getting th shackles off the forwards and everyone wonder what the problem was.

He needs to swallow his pride and get this team playing a simpler and harder style of play for a while, we are the easiest team out there bar Norwich at the minute to play against and its disgusting. I'll calm down tomorrow I'm sure but I'm concerned this is a period that may cost Rodgers if he's not decisive enough. Leaving 5 defenders on until the 77th minute when 1 down to a very compact and limited side is ridiculous and he deserves this shit tonight. 

We look like a nothing football team at present. Cannot defend and, criminally for the players we've got, ridiculously light going forward. It tends to lead to dull matches and limp defeats.

Who was the last keeper to play a blinder against us? Let's go down swinging punches if we have to. Our last three away matches in Europe against Luhansk, Slavia and Legia have collectively been atrocious.

• Like 2

He’s changed his ways before when playing against the better teams, instead of just trying to match the way they play he got us to sit back and play on the counter. 

He was praised for it then so let’s hope he does the same thing, although it looks unlikely as it’s been like this for months. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Lol what mask? 2 top 5 finishes and an FA cup with an injury list that’s crazy and minimal transfers in terms of bet spend and wages? 😂😂 Jesus reading this forum is bad for my health, deluded people who say they support Leicester, wow. Best time of our lives the last 6 years and fans moan, imagine if you lot all excited under pleat, or having a team of beer Brian little that was shit but won games. Get a ****ing grip man and realise that half the league have more money, higher wages etc and at some point that will show in the table. But **** me the season hasn’t started yet, let’s look again after Xmas and then judge m. For me finishing 6th would be another great season

• Like 1

We'll have a pretty poor season until the likes of Evans, Justin and eventually Fofana return to fitness, and when we realise that Iheanacho is up there as one of our best players and he starts most matches.

Can see us finishing mid-table, and that will put us in a very interesting position. Will be difficult to understand where we go from there and what our ambitions should be.

And as others have said, where that leaves Brendan I really don't know.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Rodgers is so imbedded now, it’s become a dictatorship. No one looks to challenge his authority at the club even when it’s plainly obvious things are wrong. it’s like Italy under Mussolini, except in Leicester the trains don’t run on time. 

Brenito Mussolini 

• Haha 1

Massive overreaction tonight imo.

yes we’ve not been that great this season but people honestly calling for his head?

we are more than capable of going on a run of form. Evans, Fofana and JJ are huge misses, anyone would miss three defenders of their quality.

the last thing we need is the fans getting on the manager or the teams back. A couple of decent results and the landscape totally changes 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Rogers has come out and said he's to blame for our poor starts and eventual results. This is big of him considering he's tried to paper over with some excuses over the last few weeks. I think he knows the pressure is on now. Time for Top to call him into the office and stop with the niceties. Sort it out now! This is bloody awful to watch and we're getting what we deserve. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on our manager but he has to prove to us he can turn this bad spell around. He has to be honest with the players and the players honest back because its his neck on the line at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

We look like a nothing football team at present. Cannot defend and, criminally for the players we've got, ridiculously light going forward. It tends to lead to dull matches and limp defeats.

Who was the last keeper to play a blinder against us? Let's go down swinging punches if we have to. Our last three away matches in Europe against Luhansk, Slavia and Legia have collectively been atrocious.

On 26/09/2021 at 12:19, Corky said:

It wasn't a sparking display but we scored twice, missed another couple of great chances and had about four goal bound shots blocked. We spent most of the second half on the attack down the right.

The stats back up that we were going for it.

59 minutes ago, ttfn said:

And this is not the first time this has happened under Rodgers.

Maybe that’s a good thing (he’s turned it round before) maybe it’s a bad thing (history repeating itself). Who knows. Either way it’s not a blip.

....not sure he has turned it around before....!!!

The start of the new season was always the time when the slate was clean and we played attacking football and believed in ourselves. The subsequent drop offs have happened around Christmas time and continued until the end of the season. The fact that we had amassed so many points at the start papered over the cracks.

We do not come out of slumps under Rodgers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I support his decisions in general, yeah. He doesn't always get it right (who does?) and we're clearly in a slump right now.

Do I think we'll turn it around? Yes

Do I think he's still the right man for the job? Yes

Do I think we could attract a better coach than BR? No

Come back to me in January and if we're deep in the shit by then, I might change my mind.

Astute analysis :appl:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is such a boring narrative. Rodgers has been here since March 2018 and in that time, we have had two record breaking finishes (excluding 15/16) and won the FA Cup for the first time ever.

Say what you want about individual brilliance in the final but would you undermine Mancini as a manager because his team won a competition on penalties in Euro 2020? Same applies to Tuchel,

would you undermine him because Chelsea rode their luck at times against City in the UCL final too? You simply need big players to step up in finals, I notice how you’ve also conveniently missed our games against Man United and Southampton on the road to the final.

We are all frustrated with the start to the season and I am sure that I share your qualms with the last few games. However, this is such a reactionary comment.

And. Here we go again.

Blah blah blah. BR's cheerleaders out and dancing again.

Let see how the rest of the season will unfold. Shall we?

Comparing the Manchini vs Brendan Rogers?? Really???

I was gonna say its like comparing the apples and oranges but this is way beyond that mate.

His approval rate down from 98% to %59 so what is that telling you?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

:dunno: We did have a go in the second half on Saturday. The same problems that exist happened in that game too. We put much more into getting something out of the Burnley game than today's. 

Brendon rodgers has done brilliant over the last 2 years , but because of injuries he has not had a great  deal of players to choose from, this season he has been presented with a bigger squad,  and has shown he is a defensive coach, who also likes his favourites, he hung daker out to dry tonight,  no wingers, no attacking intent,  yes we have had 6 years of great success,  but I put most of that down to king power owners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no way we should be contemplating him going. He deserves the chance to turn this around and I'm still sure he will. He's a top manager. 

He just needs to get us somehow to quicken our play up. Our slow ponderous build up leads to teams pressing us and either kasper chipping it out of play/into bad defensive areas or the cbs or dms losing the ball in bad areas and too many of our players being out of good positions and being caught. We need to start playing one touch football with good movement. Every time this season we have played 1 touch football, we have looked so threatening. 

I can understand why he doesn't trust us at the back, but surely carrying on the same way is not going to help. The key is surely getting us somehow back to full throttle, even if this leads to our standard drop at the end of the season as it feels like this could be a long season otherwise. 

• Like 1

Reading this thread, I am trying to imagine what FT would have been like when we had the likes of Peter Taylor and Mark McGhee as our Manager.  Usual over reaction. Oh well roll on Palace.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

:dunno: We did have a go in the second half on Saturday. The same problems that exist happened in that game too. We put much more into getting something out of the Burnley game than today's. 

And the stats tonight (Certainly 2nd half) generally stand up better than Saturday.

Or are we not using stats to skew opinions? :dunno:

Except we weren't negative on Saturday, apparently.

10 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

And. Here we go again.

Blah blah blah. BR's cheerleaders out and dancing again.

Let see how the rest of the season will unfold. Shall we?

Comparing the Manchini vs Brendan Rogers?? Really???

I was gonna say its like comparing the apples and oranges but this is way beyond that mate.

His approval rate down from 98% to %59 so what is that telling you?

Where have I compared Mancini and Rodgers? I merely applied your logic regarding finals.

With approval ratings, I think it probably tells you that many are frustrated? However, that doesn’t mean that people don’t respect what he has achieved in the past two and a half seasons.

Apart from that, I genuinely have no clue what you’re on about lol

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

And the stats tonight (Certainly 2nd half) generally stand up better than Saturday.

Or are we not using stats to skew opinions? :dunno:

Except we weren't negative on Saturday, apparently.

You can use stats any way you like. I felt we were more likely to score on Saturday than tonight.

It doesn't really matter- we can all see we need to change the approach.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Reading this thread, I am trying to imagine what FT would have been like when we had the likes of Peter Taylor and Mark McGhee as our Manager.  Usual over reaction. Oh well roll on Palace.

Tbf I think that is unfair, apart from the seenitall clone I think most discussion has been somewhat productive

Brendan has always had a poor record in Europe, so I wasn't expecting much today. Leicester seem to have lost their mojo, we just seem like a collection of players justing going into every match just for the sake of it, no team spirit, no coordination, every player just doing their own bit. Brendan is one of the highest paid in the League, think 3rd or 4th, he needs to earn his bread, the going is getting tough and he needs to turn it around like Arteta has at Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

You can use stats any way you like. I felt we were more likely to score on Saturday than tonight.

It doesn't really matter- we can all see we need to change the approach.

Really, you don't find this stuff exhilarating?

Too man players to choose from, to many formation changes.

When you are struggling you need a settle side and a formation. 

Take Cags, he's played on the RCB in a four saturday, played LCB in a 3 tonight.  

Players look confused, and lacking confidence, so make it easier keep in simple. 

Our best run under BR has been with a settle team and formation. 

• Like 3