Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Yeah, but look at the side which we got relegated with 20 years ago. You wouldn't mind having Taggart, Elliott, Rowett and Sinclair in this defence. Or Izzet and Savage in midfield. Or Dickov up front. Or even Impey and Piper out wide. We all scoffed at the idea that that team, which had been in the top four until just a few months earlier, and had won a League Cup a year before that, could possibly go down. But we did, and we could this time round.

We won't fix this problem simply by getting rid of Brendan. It may well help, because he seems to be publicly undermining the squad's self-belief. But we've been in this position, convinced that all we need is a change, many times before.

We went down because we went for the cheap option in Bassett. Perhaps if we gave the job straight to Adams on did what Southampton did that year (hired Strachan) it may have been a different story.

Yes, sacking Brendan isn’t the only answer, we need to get the appointment right. However, Brendan, with that squad, is not the man. At the best least. Those players are part of upper mid table side. 

He obviously finds it difficult to cope when things go badly. I don't know if this is particularly true of managers who've grown up in English football (Mourinho might prove otherwise) but there seems to be an instinct to blame others, particularly the owners for not spending enough which is implicitly blaming the players for not being good enough. Perhaps a consequence of the riches in English football, where simply buying more players is seen as the cure for every ill, but also the media often cutting young British managers more slack than their foreign counterparts. So that when things do go wrong - as they will do at a football club - people like Rodgers don't know what to do 

12 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Nothing is destroyed, we don't have a championship defence on paper at all. Stop being so dramatic. 

Games aren't won on paper .

Ward is a liability, a weak keeper behind a shocking , disorganised defence.

We're in trouble no Two ways about it.

Just now, blueharmie said:

Games aren't won on paper .

Ward is a liability, a weak keeper behind a shocking , disorganised defence.

We're in trouble no Two ways about it.

We have a defence devoid of any confidence, that's all. That can be fixed, especially with the quality that we have. Post Rodgers we will be absolutely fine. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

We have a defence devoid of any confidence, that's all. That can be fixed, especially with the quality that we have. Post Rodgers we will be absolutely fine. 

What quality?

Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Faes?

Surely the worst set of CB’s in the Premiership 

2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I agree. We have the basis there to survive at the very least

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Listened to him commentating on Derby last week. Made me realise how much I don't miss him lol

Didn't realise he was doing a local job for Talksport until I heard him. In fairness he is Leicester to his core and if the manager and players showed the same amount of commitment as Stringer we would not be in this position.

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Just reading about when he left Liverpool, in his statement he waffles on about the squad being in transition. I.e. I've not been allowed to buy the players I wanted.

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I know. I couldn't believe how well they nailed it 👌

You know it's bad for Brendan, when he starts losing the media lovefest. 

Might be better for him if he leaves right now for his own self preservation, as he will struggle to get another Premier League job if he carries on at this rate. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Can only back him being the next manager to go at 1.03 on Betfair. Was about 1.35 post match. 

Yep, just seen that.  It was still 1.35 an hour ago. Looks like it’s happened and just waiting for the proper announcement. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

You know it's bad for Brendan, when he starts losing the media lovefest. 

Might be better for him if he leaves right now for his own self preservation, as he will struggle to get another Premier League job if he carries on at this rate. 

Exactly if he forgoes his undeserved payoff and leaves by mutual consent he'll still be able to make good money again as he'll still have enough of the media on side.

I'm not sure he'll get 10 Million a year again though which is like a lottery win that sets him for life so think he's decided to cling on for dear life until he gets every penny 😏