Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Who knew we had to go to the U.S. for actual football journalism. The cat is out the bag and soon the numbskulls over here will see this as the fashionable opinion.

The comparism with Potter is spot on ! Rodgers has no viable excuses left.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...if it had happened, wouldn't the betting be closed!!!

Depends. This is the betfair exchange so probably not until an announcement. Market will have shifted because bookies are trying to balance their books using the exchange. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The sun will come out Tomorrow Tomorrow Tomorrow I love ya Tomorrow . 

Your only a day away. 

"Its (not gonna be) a hard knock life" for Brendan is it with what he'll walk away with. 

I guess most people would simply walk if we knew we were failing at a job. At least he'd go with some respect if he did, but clearly no chance of that - weak, weak man.

3 hours ago, Stinky said:

I really wouldn't be against us giving Dyche a go like some people are. I don't get all into the nitty gritty of styles/tactics etc but I would just like us to get back to doing the basics well, something Dyche has been good at and something we have not been good at for a while. It won't be Rodgers-style football from his first couple of seasons here but it should atleast be effective.

Indeed, how good would it be if our defenders actually got stuck in, ruffed up the attackers etc.  In the Brighton game what stood out to me is when Justin was in on the right, a Brighton player put his body in the way as a barrier, whilst out players tend to turn their backs or back out of challenges now.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Indeed, how good would it be if our defenders actually got stuck in, ruffed up the attackers etc.  In the Brighton game what stood out to me is when Justin was in on the right, a Brighton player put his body in the way as a barrier, whilst out players tend to turn their backs or back out of challenges now.

Would be like Huth and Morgan of old :wub:

• Like 1

I have to say, if Brendan does stay (heaven forbid), if I am Wilf Ndidi I walk into his office and read him the riot act for completely fu**ing with his career. Last 2 games he’s been played out of position and has just got a very public roasting on MOTD. Seems Wilf has done everything asked of him yet Brendan refuses to work to his strengths. I hope the next manager sorts this. Seeing Wilf so dejected today was horrible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Not Dyche unless it's just until the end of the season and then a review. I think a lot of people forget how boring the football his teams play is. We've been so used to a better standard of football fans would turn on him. I get that it's anyone but Rodgers at the moment and he would sort the defence but totally underwhelming 

What is a better standard of football?

Tika taka around defenders for you?

I prefer direct football, my favourite is probably fast counter, but I am ok with direct, in fact what I like the most is us been competitive, putting in a shift and winning some games.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Definitely a bit of a social media blackout tonight. Club feed is quiet, no posts from the players. Definitely afoot I think.

He will probably be pulled for a meeting this evening and will be announced in the morning.

Youtube channel has posted videos as normal.

4 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:
36 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Didn't realise he was doing a local job for Talksport until I heard him. In fairness he is Leicester to his core and if the manager and players showed the same amount of commitment as Stringer we would not be in this position.

Do we know why he left? I “found” PL football during the pandemic, claimed LCFC as my club, and really enjoyed him on BBC RL via the podcasts they put out. I thought he had a great rapport with Pipes and Owynn. Was sad when he just sort of disappeared one day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by ConnFoxUS
Quoted a post unintentionally
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We went down because we went for the cheap option in Bassett. Perhaps if we gave the job straight to Adams on did what Southampton did that year (hired Strachan) it may have been a different story.

Yes, sacking Brendan isn’t the only answer, we need to get the appointment right. However, Brendan, with that squad, is not the man. At the best least. Those players are part of upper mid table side. 

In terms of the first team, four of our key players are either much older (Vardy, Evans) or gone (Schmeichel, Fofana). We're yet to truly see if Daka, Soumare, Faes, and arguably Dewsbury-Hall, are truly EPL-standard players. Ndidi and Tielemans aren't just out of form, we're now at the stage where we can say that for well over a year they simply haven't been very good. If they can't perform over that period of time, then perhaps they simply aren't as good as we thought they were and shouldn't expect any other manager to wave his magic wand with them. There's a serious shortage of strong, quick and hard-working players throughout the squad, and a lot of players intend to leave.

I'm far from convinced that this side should expect to finish in the top half, regardless of who the manager is, and whether he undermines their confidence in the way that Rodgers has. Our manager has a lot of the responsibility for us being rock bottom, but it's also an indication that we aren't particularly good.

There are no guarantees. Our history, and everyone else's, tells us that regardless of how amazing a club considers itself to be, it is serious trouble if it finds itself where we are. Good managers fail to turn these things around as well as rubbish ones.

As for Dave Bassett, yes he was the cheap option (as it may have to be this time round), and had to work on a shoestring. Most managers who take over rock bottom clubs in October and have no money to spend get relegated, so I won't slate him for our relegation in 2002. After all, we'd broken our club record for consecutive defeats at the end of the previous season, and found ourselves 0-5 down at half-time of the first game of that season. It's not like it came out of nowhere. Most managers would have found it hard going under those circumstances. Neither do I believe Micky Adams would have inspired us to anything better, because he also got relegated with a fair few of those players a couple of years later, having had a fairly central role in the 2002 relegation as well. 

There are some worrying parallels now. We'd be crazy to go thinking that it's easy to come to a club which is adrift at the bottom of the table, even early in the season, when resources are limited. Many managers who take on this type of job have a tough time of it, so it might not be a good idea to expect to see normal service resumed in the way we did after Shakespeare, Puel or Rodgers took over.

• Like 1