Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I do find it bizarre that all we’ve really had from the club is a few comments in the match day programme. 

They’ve barely addressed the financial situation, horrendous form, lack of signings, or responded to BR’s criticisms. 

I was just thinking about this. If the club were to sink to BRs level the equivalent would be a statement to fans saying ‘look guys, we want a new manager too, we know he’s not good enough but we haven’t got the finances at this moment so we just need to stick with it a bit longer’. Would be really funny in a way if they did but they have higher standards.

24 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

When did it start to fall apart? I feel like it went downhill from when we were meant to be in the title race and Liverpool beat us 4-0 on Boxing Day 

When we lost that must win game against Bournemouth (4-1 wasn’t it) that stuffed our chances of champ league. 

One potential factor is that if he sticks around and sees his club relegated on his watch, that would do more damage to Brent’s reputation that being fired.  I don’t think it’s enough to convince him to give up any of the payout he clearly prioritizes above all else, but it might at least be a consideration in his mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Guess the board is that any new prospective manager wouldnf be given funds to build their own team.

Not a reason not to get rid of Brendan of course

I would think this depends on a number of factors.

Firstly, the problem appears to be squad numbers and wage bill. This is likely to be addressed next summer and give Rodgers' replacement a good preseason to put his team together. 

Secondly, I think it's highly unlikely that we pay another manager £10m a year. As has been said before, we could theoretically double Potter's wages and still save a few million a year. 

Lastly, King Power's financial situation is only going to be improve as international travel and tourism does. Their business model has been absolutely tanked by Covid and the only way is up there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Firstly, the problem appears to be squad numbers and wage bill. This is likely to be addressed next summer and give Rodgers' replacement a good preseason to put his team together. 

Secondly, I think it's highly unlikely that we pay another manager £10m a year. As has been said before, we could theoretically double Potter's wages and still save a few million a year. 

Lastly, King Power's financial situation is only going to be improve as international travel and tourism does. Their business model has been absolutely tanked by Covid and the only way is up there.

Tanner says Brendan's not on 10 mill a year

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Travel isn’t improving to Thailand though. Tourism is something like 4 times less than pre-pandemic levels and they’re stlll not letting in people from many countries and that doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.

Its not like Europe there

• Like 1

The player regression on his watch is staggering. Ndidi’s has been spoken of in other threads and Soyuncu is about to leave for a pittance when not that long ago he would have commanded a healthy fee. And it’s not surprising that fringe players fail to attract interest when their manager tells the world that they’re crap and he declines the opportunity  to utilise them from the bench even when we are crying out for a change. The devaluing of the squad will have long term repercussions for a rebuild whichever division we are in without a leader that can restore confidence and improve their contribution both as individuals and to the team. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Travel isn’t improving to Thailand though. Tourism is something like 4 times less than pre-pandemic levels and they’re stlll not letting in people from many countries and that doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.

Its not like Europe there

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/04/whats-required-to-travel-to-thailand-only-one-covid-document-now.html

Going in the right direction, but could be a year or two.

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

At which point Top’s net worth which has already gone down from roughly £5bn to £1bn will be down to a couple of hundred million which isn’t enough to run a PL football club. I don’t think KP can afford  a year or two, in the context of owning us anyway.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Just get him out today. If not, fans should make their feelings know against Villa. 

I won’t be going to Villa if he’s still in charge, I’ll always back this team but the board need to understand that the fans don’t want Rodgers. If that’s communicated by booing, empty seats or signs then so be it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll offer clarity.

Brendan is well respected by his peers. He is also well respected by most media outlets and pundits. He has come out publicly slagging off the club, players and fans… he’s shifted the blame onto the board and off himself. His constant winging and moaning has given the ill informed the idea that he has been mistreated at Leicester and has not been backed.

This can be damaging for potential replacements, let’s just throw a name out (and before people start shouting at their phone screens I’m merely using this as an example name). Potch, ordinarily he would probably think “ooo Leicester, that would be a good move for me, and a great opportunity for me to get my career back on track”…… if we were to approach him now, he could be thinking “well Leicester didn’t back Rodgers, they’ve clearly got major issues I’ll pass and wait until the next job”…

The club wouldn’t lose any credibility at all in my opinion if they came out and said he was removed due to his conduct as well as results,  it has been nothing short of appalling. The club would be protecting itself by publicly stating that openly criticising the club is unacceptable, and the fans? He’s also had a pop at us too, which again is unacceptable.

Im merely suggesting it would be nice for the club to come out and defend itself, I just think this sacking will be viewed at badly by a lot of people, my mates who follow other teams all have the impression Rodgers hasn’t been backed,  that simply isn’t true. 

The owners rarely do a blame game, I am sure they will make aware to potential managers what Rodgers did and why he has been removed.