Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The sacking of Ranieri was a potentially a higher PR risk for the Board.  Has any manager in the history of the EPL ever survived this kind of season start?  Get this done and put him on gardening leave to minimize cash flow.  He will want to find another job soon enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

The club hasnt tweeted anything in 15 hours, no aftermath of the game, no manager interviews, nothing. That seems highly unusual and hopefully indicates Rodgers being sacked will be announced today.

Yep pretty much this is the biggest indicator. 

I just hope they are as quick to appoint his successor as they were to appoint Rodgers. They were right on it within a few days after Puel went if I recall correctly. 

Edited by Scotch
Typo

I've just watched his interview after the Brighton game. Not what I wanted to hear. He talks in terms of mistakes made (which I don't like to begin with)  distances himself from them, then magnanimously says things like 'but listen, I understand'  His supposed taking of responsibility is quotes for the press and empty.

Some of the pundits don't buy it though. Listen to this analysis on NBC

Edit: personally, I think his constant viewing of a loss in terms of blame is ruining the confidence of his players, and to talk of them lacking a skillset is just outrageous. He's destroying them bit by bit.

Edited by taupe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

Would the media team be that much "in the know" to not post anything though?

That’s what I was wondering, I doubt it, and if they were told not to not put anything out on the website or social media then that would have got out and there would be rumours circulating all over the place. 

I can’t see how he stays and the club quite often keep things very quiet. If the decision has been made or a meeting is scheduled then I’d assume only a few at the very top would know. If I remember correctly all their previous sackings have come out the blue, as in no Twitter or social media reporting it beforehand. 

So the positive to take from the silence is that it could be happening, just that we won’t here anything until it does. 

19 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The owners rarely do a blame game, I am sure they will make aware to potential managers what Rodgers did and why he has been removed.

I agree they won’t stoop to those lows. From a PR standpoint it may not be ideal. I suspect Percy will offer a detailed insight once it happens, he usually does. But I just hope that clubs take note of his conduct. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Rumour through the club is that board members are meeting at Seagrave this morning to discuss Rodgers departure from the club. Announcement expected by 5pm. Let’s see. #lcfc

Love all of your ability to find all of these tweets mate, but when I look at this twitter user, it states he’s a Digital Marketing Schoolboy.

8 minutes ago, whitlock said:

They wouldn’t, but I imagine Susan or someone similar has given them some direction to not post anything.

Yeah they wouldnt know anything but this is very deliberate from the club. This is unusual behaviour.