Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The board will have an emergency contingency in the contract if things go wrong. I’d be extremely surprised if the club do not financially protect themselves. For example is there a clause in his contract about not making European football? Either way, we will have enough finances available to dispose of the grumpy twat. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Rumour through the club is that board members are meeting at Seagrave this morning to discuss Rodgers departure from the club. Announcement expected by 5pm. Let’s see. #lcfc

So they haven't had the meeting yet but this person knows, not only the outcome of the meeting but when it will be announced to the public... Not buying this tweet at all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really hope he goes today. He talks of lack of confidence, why does he think that is? He's destroying it. By constantly seeing things in terms of fault and blame, he's got his players openly turning on each other, pointing the finger. That's a toxic environment to be working in and it's coming down from him. It needs to be stopped pronto.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

What quality?

Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Faes?

Surely the worst set of CB’s in the Premiership 

Under a different manager Soy could return to the quality that saw him as a top defender 2 years ago, and Evans still has enough in him to be the solid experience alongside.  If Wout comes up to scratch we then have 3 CBs of good enough quality.  Assuming we go back to the sensible formation of 2 at the back, that would leave Amartey as 4th choice, which is adequate. Not forgetting that we have promising youngsters Brunt (who acquitted himself well v Watford last season) and Appiah.  It's not that bad at all ... under a manager who knows how to deploy and organise the squad at his disposal.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I just hope they are as quick to appoint his successor as they were to appoint Rodgers. They were right on it within a few days after Puel went if I recall correctly. 

They had Rodgers basically hired while Claude was still on the job.  Negotiated the whole thing behind his back.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeg67 said:

They had Rodgers basically hired while Claude was still on the job.  Negotiated the whole thing behind his back.

Won't be so easy this time I suspect. We are in such a mess both on and off the pitch. Whoever comes in will have no money to invest in January either.

Just now, reynard said:

Won't be so easy this time I suspect. We are in such a mess both on and off the pitch. Whoever comes in will have no money to invest in January either.

If we're still looking in serious danger, we'll invest some.  A couple of players on loan at the very least.

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Under a different manager Soy could return to the quality that saw him as a top defender 2 years ago, and Evans still has enough in him to be the solid experience alongside.  If Wout comes up to scratch we then have 3 CBs of good enough quality.  Assuming we go back to the sensible formation of 2 at the back, that would leave Amartey as 4th choice, which is adequate. Not forgetting that we have promising youngsters Brunt (who acquitted himself well v Watford last season) and Appiah.  It's not that bad at all ... under a manager who knows how to deploy and organise the squad at his disposal.

Soyuncu had one good season. A "top" defender, like any top player, is more consistent than that.

Fact of the matter is, the club just passed FFP last week.

Top and family are far from broke, due to to FFP their hands are tied, and they cant sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager due to FFP even if they wanted to.

Edited by Mok

It’s like when as a kid your mum stops you as you go out the front door in the morning and says that she may have a surprise for you when you get back from school. You spend all day unable to concentrate hoping beyond hope it’s those elite predators you’ve been begging for but have a very real fear it’s a pair of new school shoes to replace the scruffy and ripped wet pair currently on your feet.

What will it be aahhhh.

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The board will have an emergency contingency in the contract if things go wrong. I’d be extremely surprised if the club do not financially protect themselves. For example is there a clause in his contract about not making European football? Either way, we will have enough finances available to dispose of the grumpy twat. 

There should at least be a clause for not slagging the board off? If I criticised my employer in public I’m sure I’d have a telling off at the very least 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mok said:

Fact of the matter is, the club just passed FFP last week.

Top and family are far from broke, due to to FFP their hands are tied, and they cant sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager due to FFP even if they wanted to.

And the sooner the fans get this the better ! 

2 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

The implications of not doing anything and being relegated are far worse!, I am sure we can mutually agree to terminate his contract with FFP in mind.

3 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Too many making up their own narrative, due to FFP and the effects of Covid on the club with regards to playing squad contracts , everyones hands are tied

Edited by Mok