Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I've tried to stay loyal to the man. I genuinely thought he could progress the club. Perhaps I should have guessed he wasn't great, given supporters at his previous clubs would not have him back. Put him on gardening leave, and get a successor in today. We need a manager who has a decent chance of keeping us up (and it's already looking a tough battle).

8 minutes ago, Mok said:

Fact of the matter is, the club just passed FFP last week.

Top and family are far from broke, due to to FFP their hands are tied, and they cant sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager due to FFP even if they wanted to.

If true the next nine months will be a ‘bloodbath’ within the club.

😳

9 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Seen this on Twitter, think it sums up how most are feeling. 

A892ADE0-89D4-4F50-80E8-F3411384405C.jpeg

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Excellent comment. Until reading that his divide and rule approach didn’t register with me. So obvious though…

We, as supporters, need to find a way of showing our support for the players and backing them. So they know we’re with them and the he’s the problem. When we finally get someone in we’ll need the players to know that we are and have been right behind them. 

• Like 3

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If true the next nine months will be a ‘bloodbath’ within the club.

😳

It’s not true. The financial implications of relegation would be far worse than the cost of sacking Rodgers. To suggest the club will just let him carry on while we drift inexorably towards the Championship is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mok said:

Too many making up their own narrative, due to FFP and the effects of Covid on the club with regards to playing squad contracts , everyones hands are tied

You come across like you are some kind of ITK, or course you could be right.

but 3 more “established” ITK’s have said that Rodgers will be gone by villa game. So let’s see

18 minutes ago, reynard said:

Won't be so easy this time I suspect. We are in such a mess both on and off the pitch. Whoever comes in will have no money to invest in January either.

We have enough talent if if played in the correct positions. Stowell and Kolo could not organize a Subbuteo defence.  And very sorry but Ward is not EPL Standard.  Iversen must be given a go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

A small fine for breaching FFP by sacking Rodgers or get relegated and still have FFP problems?

If we were in that much trouble we wouldn’t have signed Faes.

With the parachute payments going to that bank on relegation I’d say it’s worse than just breaching FFP should we go down.

• Like 2

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Because getting relegated will be far worse than coughing up whatever it costs to sack Rodgers.

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

You come across like you are some kind of ITK, or course you could be right.

but 3 more “established” ITK’s have said that Rodgers will be gone by villa game. So let’s see

My words have come from the mouth of senior figure at the club, the effects of COvid have really effected us from a FFP perspective

11 minutes ago, Mok said:

Fact of the matter is, the club just passed FFP last week.

Top and family are far from broke, due to to FFP their hands are tied, and they cant sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager due to FFP even if they wanted to.

Well they can 

they relieve him of his duties and stick him on gardening leave at 180k/week 

Infact, if they pay him off (circa £15m) it tells me that cash isn’t so tight 

but I believe the narrative would be that it’s mutual consent so the gardening leave aspect could be difficult within that context 

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I like the line: his comments are not to us, but to future employers

Very true. 

Thanks for posting. The author is speaking for many of us.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll offer clarity.

Brendan is well respected by his peers. He is also well respected by most media outlets and pundits. He has come out publicly slagging off the club, players and fans… he’s shifted the blame onto the board and off himself. His constant winging and moaning has given the ill informed the idea that he has been mistreated at Leicester and has not been backed.

This can be damaging for potential replacements, let’s just throw a name out (and before people start shouting at their phone screens I’m merely using this as an example name). Potch, ordinarily he would probably think “ooo Leicester, that would be a good move for me, and a great opportunity for me to get my career back on track”…… if we were to approach him now, he could be thinking “well Leicester didn’t back Rodgers, they’ve clearly got major issues I’ll pass and wait until the next job”…

The club wouldn’t lose any credibility at all in my opinion if they came out and said he was removed due to his conduct as well as results,  it has been nothing short of appalling. The club would be protecting itself by publicly stating that openly criticising the club is unacceptable, and the fans? He’s also had a pop at us too, which again is unacceptable.

Im merely suggesting it would be nice for the club to come out and defend itself, I just think this sacking will be viewed at badly by a lot of people, my mates who follow other teams all have the impression Rodgers hasn’t been backed,  that simply isn’t true. 

Absolutely this, if/when he is sacked, they can make a statement that doesn’t sound bitter or childish but makes the point that his conduct was unacceptable and we need somebody with a positive attitude to help us climb the table.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Well they can 

they relieve him of his duties and stick him on gardening leave at 180k/week 

Infact, if they pay him off (circa £15m) it tells me that cash isn’t so tight 

but I believe the narrative would be that it’s mutual consent so the gardening leave aspect could be difficult within that context 

I am not saying they cant or wont get rid of Rodgers, but from FFP perpsective they will fall foul, and UEFA have got their eye on us, the consequence could be huge. There is BBC article last week where Leicester are mentioned are being under investigation. If you read Tops programme notes, its in line with what I am saying.

I can't see how FFP would stop the club sacking the manager. Hiring a new one, perhaps, but getting rid of the current one? Nah. 

The regulations aren't meant to place a stranglehold on any club, they are to prevent it over committing itself financially. If COVID has been a factor in our reduced income then I feel leniency will be there. Worst come to worst, we run foul of FFP and take the punishment - but I can t see that being the case in the proper management of a club.

• Like 1