Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

That contract that the club begged Rodgers to sign is now proving to be a ridiculous error. We should have let him leave. In the end managers are , with very few exceptions, replaceable. We should learn a lesson on here and not put so much faith in these people.

• Like 3

Just now, Mok said:

I am not saying they cant or wont get rid of Rodgers, but from FFP perpsective they will fall foul, and UEFA have got their eye on us, the consequence could be huge. There is BBC article last week where Leicester are mentioned are being under investigation. If you read Tops programme notes, its in line with what I am saying.

UEFA won’t matter. Only applies if you are in European competition. 

• Like 1

I have stayed clear of putting my own tuppence worth into this debate, watching and making my own mind up. Finally I have come to realise that we are now at a point where something must change. We know this squad of players are capable of good football and challenging, all be it that some are maybe past their prime. Two 5th places, FA cup, Europe etc was no fluke, all the players telling us what a great coach Rodgers is etc. so by the same token the current malaise must be down to how they are being managed.

i have no idea what has changed in terms of the dynamics of the relationships between players and staff etc but it needs sorting and that means either Rodgers has to change, which seems unlikely, or he has to go, and quickly.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I just hope they are as quick to appoint his successor as they were to appoint Rodgers. They were right on it within a few days after Puel went if I recall correctly. 

Hopefully this is the reason he has been left

in post a couple of weeks longer than he should (in the context of the season since they decided not to part ways before the season). You get two types of sacking, reactionary where there is a wait to appoint a replacement as it hasn’t been thought through and after a swift replacement where the club in question has clearly been working behind the scenes. Surely this would be the latter given the need for him to go has hardly come out the blue!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mok said:

What makes you so sure?

Because they will stick him on garden leave and carry on paying as normal.

He will be releaved of duties and a new manager brought in.

The only extra cost will be the additional wages of the new manager.

Once Rodgers gets offered a new job together will negotiate a pay off.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes they can. And they will. 

Its never about sacking , its about the replacing . They cant afford the wages of a new manager due to FFP . You're right in they can but who's going to take over who's already at the club as interim , and wants to do it ? Be careful what you wish for .

• Like 1

Just now, jamesmilner said:

Its never about sacking , its about the replacing . They cant afford the wages of a new manager due to FFP . You're right in they can but who's going to take over who's already at the club as interim , and wants to do it ? Be careful what you wish for .

Correct

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That contract that the club begged Rodgers to sign is now proving to be a ridiculous error. We should have let him leave. In the end managers are , with very few exceptions, replaceable. We should learn a lesson on here and not put so much faith in these people.

As much there is a lot to criticise the board on, I don’t think we can here. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you think back to when the contract was offered, we were flying. To lose that momentum than would’ve been a disaster where we point the finger squarely at the board for lacking ambition. Even though we lost momentum anyway, it was a genuine attempt at maintaining our ambitions. We just severely backed the wrong horse. 

It’s like last season, we didn’t sell and player and bought. Now it looks like a disastrous decision not to sell Tielemans. However, 12 months ago, it was genuine risk taking to aid the teams development. 

The problem is, the board have been backing the wrong horse. A manager who struggles at this level and lacks any sort of unique style. But I’ll tell you what, if we are ever in the position to compete at that level again and we were genuinely competing, I hope we take some risks again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

West Ham are on that list.  You see them in a panic?

They must be in better financial position than us

We didnt sell anyone in 2021, and brought players in, please refer back to Tops programme notes.

11 minutes ago, Mok said:

I am not saying they cant or wont get rid of Rodgers, but from FFP perpsective they will fall foul, and UEFA have got their eye on us, the consequence could be huge. There is BBC article last week where Leicester are mentioned are being under investigation. If you read Tops programme notes, its in line with what I am saying.

Uefa are irrelevant now 

we aren’t qualifying for any of their competitions for the next two seasons minimum 

Just now, Hilton Fox said:

So are we saying Rodgers will still be in charge against villa?

Villa hammer us and both Rodgers and Gerrard keep their jobs.

We continue on this painful journey of watching on field fighting and a toxic atmosphere?

This won’t happen, we’ll eventually appoint someone else too. 👍

1 minute ago, Hilton Fox said:

We continue on this painful journey of watching on field fighting and a toxic atmosphere?

I would imagine if we lose to Villa that Rodgers would go.

Brighton was always gonna be the harder game, they are a really strong side, especially at the Amex.

Villa game is totally different and given the two clubs positions it has become a must win.

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah and it’s UEFA competition only. If we were to qualify they just take the fine from your prize money. 

UEFA FFP rules have no bearing on the Premier League or any punishment the FA could administer 

Im only relaying on what a very senior figure at the club has said.

If you have knowdledge of what you are saying as being fact , then great, I suppose then they could have bought more players in the window

The fact remains FFP has tied the clubs hands, whether you or anybody else say its not UEFA FFP

Edited by Mok

3 minutes ago, Hilton Fox said:

I don't think he will be.

If yesterday was a battling loss the board would have taken it on the chin but the manner in which we lost combined with the most absurd tactical decisions (There is competition in this area too) will have forced their hand.

The bean counters will put up a fight but I imagine its going to happen at some point this week.