Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Liv323536 said:

Hi everyone! Liverpool fan here. I like Foxestalk because yous are quite grounded and welcoming.

Brendan reminds me of his time with us. He hasn't changed:

- Shite in Europe

- Wasting money on crap

- Overperform for a bit and then the team becomes stale when he needs to refresh it

- Throwing others under the bus

- Lack of charisma to turn negative situations around

The last point is why yous need to let him go asap. 

Celtic fans say the same, when it ends it's toxic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I would imagine if we lose to Villa that Rodgers would go.

Brighton was always gonna be the harder game, they are a really strong side, especially at the Amex.

Villa game is totally different and given the two clubs positions it has become a must win.

It becoming a must win is more the reason for Rodgers to be sacked now. The players and the supporters need a lift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

One potential factor is that if he sticks around and sees his club relegated on his watch, that would do more damage to Brent’s reputation that being fired.  I don’t think it’s enough to convince him to give up any of the payout he clearly prioritizes above all else, but it might at least be a consideration in his mind.

Rodgers is the Donald Trump of English football, inept but great at convincing less than full witted people he is a genius and utterly brilliant at avoiding blame for anything!

He will not only be here for Villa but Spurs, Fo... the next game, and on and on - he is going nowhere and when we are relegated it will be "despite Brendan Rodgers..  Blah, blah, blah" in the eyes of his faithful media dogs.

I said weeks ago dont worry with only one point, we'll have 3 come October... Must try not to be so bloody unrealistic in future!

• Like 2

Just now, FLAN said:

Could there be a clause regarding points in a run of games that means we have to wait for a trigger to reduce the payout?

If there is, then who ever agreed to this needs to sit on the naughty step.  A clause that states if you achieve 1pt out of 18 and your gone, makes more sense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

With the parachute payments going to that bank on relegation I’d say it’s worse than just breaching FFP should we go down.

...the loan is taken against the league position, should the club unexpectedly fold over night then they  are legally entitled to the revenue stipulated by the loan, no other creditors are allowed to have any claim on those funds!!!

Like any loan it needs to be paid back, and we would have an agreement to do so over an agreed period of time. The money from the TV rights will still be avaliable to us, and the club some time ago, confirmed that relegation had been factored into their plans, should it come about.

Looking at when we sacked Puel, a statement was put out at 10:30am the day after the Crystal Palace game.

Presumably, that was after all the players were in etc so should the decision be made today, wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mok said:

Im only relaying on what a very senior figure at the club has said.

If you have knowdledge of what you are saying as being fact , then great, I suppose then they could have bought more players in the window

The fact remains FFP has tied the clubs hands, whether you or anybody else say its not UEFA FFP

I'm not doubting what you are saying, but the differential between us and most other clubs is seemingly too vast?

5 minutes ago, Mok said:

Im only relaying on what a very senior figure at the club has said.

If you have knowdledge of what you are saying as being fact , then great, I suppose then they could have bought more players in the window

The fact remains FFP has tied the clubs hands, whether you or anybody else say its not UEFA FFP

I don’t think there is any hiding that the finances aren’t great but say FFP and then credit the UEFA rules as the problem is wrong. 

It also appears a very useful excuse for piss poor financial planning. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mok said:

My words have come from the mouth of senior figure at the club, the effects of COvid have really effected us from a FFP perspective

No one argues FFP, more Rodgers getting sacked.

Don’t see how keeping him then likely relegation is better then a pay off.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t think there is any hiding that the finances aren’t great but say FFP and then credit the UEFA rules as the problem is wrong. 

It also appears a very useful excuse for piss poor financial planning. 

Ok , pehaps you know better how is works with UEFA.

As i said this is a very senior source who told me about the FFP position and our current plight. The clubs hands are tied.

Its that simple.

As for Piss poor planning, the reason is COVID............

23 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Its never about sacking , its about the replacing . They cant afford the wages of a new manager due to FFP . You're right in they can but who's going to take over who's already at the club as interim , and wants to do it ? Be careful what you wish for .

We are already odds on to get relegated with Rodgers, how does keeping him help us lol

Just now, turkish14 said:

No one argues FFP, more Rodgers getting sacked.

Don’t see how keeping him then likely relegation is better then a pay off.

Nor do I, but think of it this way, he has 3 years left on his contract - circa £30m , and then they have to employ another manager

So Rodgers wont walk away.

I would like to see him go, and i wanted him gone at Christmas.

18 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Its never about sacking , its about the replacing . They cant afford the wages of a new manager due to FFP . You're right in they can but who's going to take over who's already at the club as interim , and wants to do it ? Be careful what you wish for .

Don't understand. If they put Brendan on garden leave, and sack two or three (or more) of his backroom, and bring in a cheaper manager, how can that make the club worse under FFP, if the wage bill is about the same overall?

Isn't FFP judged over a fixed period rather than every week, so provided they get BR off the books before the end of the FFP period, aren't they OK?

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

Villa is must win, he needs to be gone by then, if he is there the negative vibes will play into Villas hand who may be boosted following the point they got against Man City. We need a boost, more importantly so do the players.

This. I'm sure it's going to be a massive relief and boost for all our players. The atmosphere inside the stadium will be completely different fans wise.

I would also love Evans and Vardy to come out with a statement after the sack today and throw Rodgers completely under the bus. I don't care if it doesn't sound too professional. The captain and the legend of this team must speak after the sacking.