Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Too man players to choose from, to many formation changes.

When you are struggling you need a settle side and a formation. 

Take Cags, he's played on the RCB in a four saturday, played LCB in a 3 tonight.  

Players look confused, and lacking confidence, so make it easier keep in simple. 

Our best run under BR has been with a settle team and formation. 

It's all well and good saying when struggling you need a settled team and system but that's the complete opposite to what everyone else then says when questioning what's going on. Everyone is demanding changes, so basically what's needed is results, simple as.

We are one of the worst fanbases in recent years for supporting our team through horrid periods, rightly or wrong but whatever its a simple fact that he's got to sort it out by any means possible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all well and good saying when struggling you need a settled team and system but that's the complete opposite to what everyone else then says when questioning what's going on. Everyone is demanding changes, so basically what's needed is results, simple as.

We are one of the worst fanbases in recent years for supporting our team through horrid periods, rightly or wrong but whatever its a simple fact that he's got to sort it out by any means possible.

I get the need to rotate but some of its just silly, we need a little continuity, did he really need to change the system tonight?

We could have put out a 4-3-3 with the players available, if you struggling for form knowing your role makes it easier.

We need to rotate, but rotating and change system is always going to make you disjointed. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

I don't agree with the argument that Brendan has done well to finish 5th twice and win the FA Cup while spending less on wages and transfers, the squad we have is one of the best in the division, just because it has been bought relatively cheaply and we haven't thrown huge wages at average players and I don't think that can be a plus for Brendan, we have just carried on our own excellent recruitment not brendans

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hales said:

If we are questioning his tactics and lack of ideas or problem solving then surely the players are too?....

His teams are puzzling, his subs are puzzling, his treatment of some players is puzzling, his tactics are puzzling 🤯🤯🤯🤯

I think it may well be the case with Tielemans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Was speaking to my mate at the weekend and I said something to this affect. In a really weird way I feel like it would be doing us a favour. 

It would save us giving him a big pay day.  The club have really committed to him.  He has to be given more time he's earned it and we not in immediate danger of relegation, but I do find it very concerning and I think the chances of him turning it around is getting less and less with every passing game.

• Like 1

Find it odd that both Youri and Cags playing their worst games since the departures of both Praet and Under?

Nevertheless, they have both benched while playing respectively for their country's national teams and preferred for Primadonnas Madison and Ayoze.

These kind of managerial choices impacts the players beliefs and faiths on their coaches.

I know what I'm talking about as a former professional football player of 12 years and as well as coaching a team at the moment.

Must say that BR's current first XI choices is shocking.

He is chopping and changing a lot showing inconsistency and instability. 

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Completely disagree with that.  I personally think we've been far too soft as a fan base.  I'm not a boo-er, but I've felt for a while we need to be far more vocal when something simply isn't acceptable which a majority of our performances have been in the past few months.  Both on and off the pitch we've been far too passive IMO.

Fans of other certain clubs (who we now dwarf in terms of wage bill) would never accept some of the performances we've seen.  

We need to drop the little old Leicester just-happy-to-be-here mentality.  We're not in League One anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think he islikely to go to Spurs when Nuno eventually gets sacked

Spot on, when reporters asked Brendan earlier this year that Tottenham were interested in him and that Daniel Levy admires him, Brendan replied that Tottenham are a fantastic club, one of the biggest clubs in this country, a huge club. But he will focus on Leicester. Last time a big club were interested in him, Arsenal I think about 2 years back, Top gave him a huge salary and increased his contract. Maybe he feels a bit p***ed off he didn't get a multi million pound increase this year as a result of other clubs interested in him and winning the FA cup with us.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

He's stale.

The team is stale.

Time to shake things up.

Time for him to go.

Seriously? We're having a rough time at the moment (yeah there's also injuries, own goals and not getting rub of decisions) but to sack him now?!

The bloke has enough credit in the bank to get time to turn it around. We gave Claudio until the following Feb and you could easily argue BR has the same if not more credit than him.

Of course it might not get any better but he 100% deserves some patience from us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously? We're having a rough time at the moment (yeah there's also injuries, own goals and not getting rub of decisions) but to sack him now?!

The bloke has enough credit in the bank to get time to turn it around. We gave Claudio until the following Feb and you could easily argue BR has the same if not more credit than him.

Of course it might not get any better but he 100% deserves some patience from us.

He does. He definitely does. But at the same time fans are allowed to let off steam when we are performing badly. Personally I find it preferable to take it out on the manager than to pick on individual players. 

We’re on track for 38 points this season unless we beat palace. Things aren’t looking great and I’m not sure how we’ll turn the corner. Wait for Justin and Fofana to get back from injury and jump start life into the squad?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Spot on, when reporters asked Brendan earlier this year that Tottenham were interested in him and that Daniel Levy admires him, Brendan replied that Tottenham are a fantastic club, one of the biggest clubs in this country, a huge club. But he will focus on Leicester. Last time a big club were interested in him, Arsenal I think about 2 years back, Top gave him a huge salary and increased his contract. Maybe he feels a bit p***ed off he didn't get a multi million pound increase this year as a result of other clubs interested in him and winning the FA cup with us.

Any manager would've said the same as he did. He's unlikely to come and say why would I go to spurs, they're shit. No manager tells the truth when asked about their opposition clubs.

14 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

Any manager would've said the same as he did. He's unlikely to come and say why would I go to spurs, they're shit. No manager tells the truth when asked about their opposition clubs.

I'm sure he doesn't want Spurs. He might want Man U. I definitely think he thinks he can do better than Leicester, and I don't really like him that much because of that. Call me entitled if you like, but our ownership is the best he'll ever get.

36 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I'm sure he doesn't want Spurs. He might want Man U. I definitely think he thinks he can do better than Leicester, and I don't really like him that much because of that. Call me entitled if you like, but our ownership is the best he'll ever get.

Spurs is about as high as he can aim and it's not nailed on they'd even want him.

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

That's the crux of this situation. There is no better club at which he would find such a positive basis on which to build, yet now we face mid-table mediocrity.

Sufficient players were transferred in and Vardy has returned to form but there's a sense that the impetus has now wandered off.

It's no good hoping that the return of JJ and Wes will reinvigorate the team - they need to return to a team that's sorted and stable - not having to act as 'firefighters' .

I never thought I'd state this but maybe Rodgers and Tielemans need to depart. I'd pay £50m for two decent centre-backs if it meant that this loss of position and respect could be stemmed.

Rodgers has achieved - however there's a sense that he's run out of ideas and that personal inflexibilities are smothering the potential of a club which the owners, successively, have transformed into a unique example of how a football team and club should and can be run.

Maybe we bought too many players in rather than concentrating on one or two potentially pivotal ones.

It feels that Rodgers' main focus is himself and while ego is necessary in the job, it has to be suppressed in favour of the team and club.

There are only so many post-match excuses for lacklustre runs before it begins to sound hollow and repetitious. He needs to find answers quickly before an implosion happens.

Edited by gerblod
Grammatical amendment
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gerblod said:

That's the crux of this situation. There is no better club at which he would find such a positive basis on which to build, yet now we face mid-table mediocrity.

Sufficient players were transferred in and Vardy has returned to form but there's a sense that the impetus has now wandered off.

It's no good hoping that the return of JJ and Wes will reinvigorate the team - they need to return to a team that's sorted and stable - not having to act as 'firefighters' .

I never thought I'd state this but maybe Rodgers and Tielemans need to depart. I'd pay £50m for two decent centre-backs if it meant that this loss of position and respect could be stemmed.

Rodgers has achieved - however there's a sense that he's run out of ideas and that personal inflexibilities are smothering the potential of a club which the owners, successively, have transformed into a unique example of how a football team will club should and can be run.

Maybe we bought too many players in rather than concentrating on one or two potentially pivotal ones.

It feels that Rodgers' main focus is himself and while ego is necessary in the job, it has to be suppressed in favour of the team and club.

There are only so many post-match excuses for lacklustre runs before it begins to sound hollow and repetitious. He needs to find answers quickly before an implosion happens.

I fear this. Maybe it's just the press and history and he's not like that at all. I hope so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Find it odd that both Youri and Cags playing their worst games since the departures of both Praet and Under?

Nevertheless, they have both benched while playing respectively for their country's national teams and preferred for Primadonnas Madison and Ayoze.

These kind of managerial choices impacts the players beliefs and faiths on their coaches.

I know what I'm talking about as a former professional football player of 12 years and as well as coaching a team at the moment.

Must say that BR's current first XI choices is shocking.

He is chopping and changing a lot showing inconsistency and instability. 

That is such a reach about Cags and Youri, nobody else can possibly be making that suggestion. Cags was fine before Ünder ever showed up. And Youri was f***in’ class last season. 

Things are stale. We wanted Brendan to drop Madders, he did. Brendan’s got to find a rotation that works and get game time for a huge squad so we don’t fizzle out even worse than we’re playing at the moment. 

The football is dull, the side gets bullied, yeah, but we’ve also been unlucky and Rodgers is trying to mix things up. He got the formation completely wrong today, fine, that is definitely clear. 

Sometimes Rodgers needs to forget about the tactics board for a moment and get the side to start running through walls for him. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's total fantasy to suppose Tielemans' motivation might have been impacted by Rodgers running one of his best friends out of town on a rail.  Maybe it's a factor and maybe it's not, but the suggestion is hardly ludicrous.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't think it's total fantasy to suppose Tielemans' motivation might have been impacted by Rodgers running one of his best friends out of town on a rail.  Maybe it's a factor and maybe it's not, but the suggestion is hardly ludicrous.

Praet was persona non grata for large stretches of last season and Youri was fine. There’s no way all parties weren’t aware of what the plan was. And by all accounts, Youri gets along great with Rodgers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Praet was persona non grata for large stretches of last season and Youri was fine. There’s no way all parties weren’t aware of what the plan was. And by all accounts, Youri gets along great with Rodgers. 

Do tell.

4 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

His strength is coaching and man management. Tactically he has always been a bit weaker. 

He’s become too negative and too focused on fiddling with the team to try and counteract the opposition… 

It would indeed be nice that we play our own football and try to attack and win rather than having a defensive mindset of always trying to counter the opposition. We are too afraid, even when playing Brighton or Luton Town. We just need to build confidence in our own abilities and style. Our conservatism is killing our attacking instincts. Our moments of hesitation and backpassing are heavily contributing towards us not creating chances as we always let the opposition defense settle. If we had a go sometimes we may slip in or we may lose the ball, but better than back passing to Amartey or Soyuncu and then lose the ball in our own half. 

• Like 1