Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Liv323536 said:

There's no point keeping. He's a good coach but he's not very likeable and he doesn't know how to keep his players and fans onside in the medium term.

I think this is a good point.  Managers get away with more if they are likeable which is why I don't understand us keeping him for as long as we have. 

We fired Claudio who is possibly the most adorable man in football. Getting shot of him is the football equivalent to bicycle kicking a newborn baby holding a puppy right in its face yet we done that without hesitation. Yet, we hold on to a man with the likeability of Jofferey Beratheon and Rose West's love child. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

End of the day I don’t think he’s necessarily a bad coach (albeit tactically we often look poor so maybe he is!) but his biggest downfall is his signings. He’s good for a year or two, come in raise spirits then he starts to sign and integrate his own players and it goes wrong.

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Travel isn’t improving to Thailand though. Tourism is something like 4 times less than pre-pandemic levels and they’re stlll not letting in people from many countries and that doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.

Its not like Europe there

Plus there is a worldwide recession which is likely to hold back the recovery of international travel to pre- pandemic levels. 

Just now, dbtcity said:

Covid wasn’t responsible for giving 5th choice CBs 70k a week to be fair…. If your senior figure is Jon Rudkin tell him he’s a useless Cvnt

I totally agree on the wages of Vestegaard and Bertrand.

They wont leave due to their contracts

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

End of the day I don’t think he’s necessarily a bad coach (albeit tactically we often look poor so maybe he is!) but his biggest downfall is his signings. He’s good for a year or two, come in raise spirits then he starts to sign and integrate his own players and it goes wrong.

Sounds abit like how ranieri went! 

20 minutes ago, Liv323536 said:

Hi everyone! Liverpool fan here. I like Foxestalk because yous are quite grounded and welcoming.

Brendan reminds me of his time with us. He hasn't changed:

- Shite in Europe

- Wasting money on crap

- Overperform for a bit and then the team becomes stale when he needs to refresh it

- Throwing others under the bus

- Lack of charisma to turn negative situations around

The last point is why yous need to let him go asap. 

I'd hate to see what other forums are like then!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mok said:

Ok , pehaps you know better how is works with UEFA.

As i said this is a very senior source who told me about the FFP position and our current plight. The clubs hands are tied.

Its that simple.

As for Piss poor planning, the reason is COVID............

Despite COVID, the club achieved their highest ever incoming revenue to date thanks to the higher finish position of 5th plus a FA Cup victory and a season of European football prize money. 

If we have our highest ever revenue yet still have a huge ratio on wages to turnover - that suggests the wage bill has been poorly managed. 

It's in the interest of the very senior source to say FFP is the fall guy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Don't know if you've heard...

But we can't afford to sack him.

But can we afford to keep him?  Championship Football on the horizon....

• Like 1

Even if the unimaginable happens and the board keeps him for a win at Villa. There is no coming back for Rodgers. He's publicly disrespected the fans. As someone who as at the match yesterday his comments was a spit in the face, and will never be redeemable in my eyes. 

• Like 1