Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

How on earth are we in that bad a financial position that we can’t afford to sack someone whose dragging us down! If we can’t afford to do that.. stick him on gardening leave!

Along with Club CFO and Rudders. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Despite COVID, the club achieved their highest ever incoming revenue to date thanks to the higher finish position of 5th plus a FA Cup victory and a season of European football prize money. 

If we have our highest ever revenue yet still have a huge ratio on wages to turnover - that suggests the wage bill has been poorly managed. 

It's in the interest of the very senior source to say FFP is the fall guy. 

The 2 seasons we finshed 5th and winning the FA Cup were badly hit by Covid.

You are correct in saying the wages to T/O has been poorly managed, but thats the current predicament we are in

If you read Tops notes and understand them its fits in with what ive said. FFP has tied the clubs hands in the short term and they have to ride it out

Just now, Mok said:

You are correct in saying the wages to T/O has been poorly managed, but thats the current predicament we are in

If you read Tops notes and understand them its fits in with what ive said. FFP has tied the clubs hands in the short term and they have to ride it out

Tops note suggested we are in safe hands under their ownership. 

An inability to sack someone who is destroying the club doesn’t feel very “safe”

• Like 4

I don't see why we are so scared of sacking Rodgers.  Yes, it will be expensive but lets look at our recent history.  £15m plus wages for Vestergaard who is unplayable (and not in a good way), £20m or so for Soumare, big wages for Bertrand, Soyuncu, Praet and now Castagne falling foul of the manager....

We could go back further to the £50m wasted on Slim and Silva...

We burn money on a regular basis, sacking Rodgers would just be one more money bonfire to add to the list. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

The finances will not stop them sacking him. In fact Uefa’s new rules mean sacking him now makes absolute sense and PL FFP we’ll be ok for

Edited by Kopfkino

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Rodgers is the Donald Trump of English football, inept but great at convincing less than full witted people he is a genius and utterly brilliant at avoiding blame for anything!

Woah, steady on there cowboy! That's going a tad far! That's an awful lot of us 'less than full witted' people being chucked under a bus there! (to use the popular rhetoric)

Rodgers isn't inept. He has however, imho, created a situation that he can't manage. A 'good times' manager perhaps?

Edited by taupe

2 minutes ago, Mok said:

How the hell can you put yourself In position where you can't afford to sack a failing manager. It's an absolute joke 

• Like 1

Honestly, it’s going to be so toxic on Saturday if he is stood there. We’ve had some shit managers in my time as a fan. I was very young when Pleat was here - I didn’t understand it too much. Taylor is the one that sticks out. However, he didn’t make his incredibly daft comments until after he left. Other managers who have failed (Holloway, Levein, Kelly) have never disillusioned the fans with comments.

I honestly have no idea how bad Saturday will be. How does this **** come back from this. 

7 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

How on earth are we in that bad a financial position that we can’t afford to sack someone whose dragging us down! If we can’t afford to do that.. stick him on gardening leave!

Well you might telling this as a joke but from a legal point of view the board has the right to force a temporary contract suspension to a manager for working against the interests of the club. They have the legal grounds after Rodgers recent interviews. 

21 minutes ago, Mok said:

Ok , pehaps you know better how is works with UEFA.

As i said this is a very senior source who told me about the FFP position and our current plight. The clubs hands are tied.

Its that simple.

As for Piss poor planning, the reason is COVID............

If it was truly dire we wouldn’t have signed Wout Faes and gave him a 5 year contract, or tried to get Boga on loan who would have added to the wage bill?

I’m sure there’s some wiggle room to get rid of Brendan, his staff and get a new manager in. We could put him on gardening leave for a start.

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Well you might telling this as a joke but from a legal point of view the board has the right to force a temporary contract suspension to a manager for working against the interests of the club. They have the legal grounds after Rodgers recent interviews. 

They don’t have legal grounds based purely on the interviews. 

4 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I imagine there is the need for lawyers to be involved in a sacking, I think it’s happening but might take today to sort

I think in football you just say someone is to be relieved of their duties and let the lawyers argue it out... and hammer out a statememt

I don't think we are sacking him before Villa.

The statement should have been out before the coach left Brighton, but I think Rodgers will get Villa although he absolutely shouldn't.

We've always heard Percy "on the brink" and "set to be sacked" articles but there is none of this; I question our appetite for sacking Rodgers or our affordability to do so.

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So we need to find a replacement Coach who will accept deferred salary payments. It gets better by the minute.

I've hit this page to see what's going on and have seen this post, then gone back a few page and started to wonder...

Is there concrete evidence/a good source saying anything to the effect that we 'cannot afford to sack him'?

Edited by turtmcfly