Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It’s not true. The financial implications of relegation would be far worse than the cost of sacking Rodgers. To suggest the club will just let him carry on while we drift inexorably towards the Championship is ridiculous. 

Well they have so far, haven't they? Most of us knew at the start of the season if not last season that Rodgers is a fraud and that he needed getting rid of, but he's still here. Now that IS ridiculous .

I hope the board are putting in place some sort of crisis management? Surely they have to. I know we the fans will be last to know but we see the writing is on the wall.

so short term if Rogers doesn’t turn it around (unlikely he can) than he will be gone and a new man in (someone they have already tapped up).

long term I think Top has to surrender some control of the club by bringing in investment. This is crucial for our long term financial health. & survival and relieve financial burden on the KP group.

we have to treat this as a relegation battle now if we have any chance of survival. It’s sad we’re in this predicament but we gotta accept it and fight our way out of it. If it’s ugly viewing so be it we need points some way some how.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Vestegaard would have hardly made a difference? He's on roughly 80k? And we'd have had to subsidise his wages by 30k or so even if he did move, so 50k a week we'd have saved, 2.5m a year? Hardly anything.

plus the £12m transfer fee, it woud have enabled us to sign another player

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

As I have said before Rodgers is a very astute businessman and his contract will be watertight. He would take the club to court if we failed to honour it and that would do serious damage to our image.

He's been doing that for months.

If I spoke about my companies finances the way he has i'd have been sacked long ago

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As I have said before Rodgers is a very astute businessman and his contract will be watertight. He would take the club to court if we failed to honour it and that would do serious damage to our image.

Can't be any more serious damage to our image than it is at the moment surely?

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Top’s value has allegedly gone down from £5bn to £1.5bn 2 years and Thailand hasn’t opened up like Europe has for travellers. It’s going to be another couple of years realistically until KP start get back to pre-pandemic incomings, by which point Top’s income will be nowhere near enough to sustain a PL football club.

The idea that “it’s FFP that’s holding us back” seems quite naive to me. Of course we’re not privy to all information, but it feels like there’s much more to it than just FFP. 

Its not naive, FFP is fact

As for Top and his families finances, you use the word allegedly 

44 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Don't understand. If they put Brendan on garden leave, and sack two or three (or more) of his backroom, and bring in a cheaper manager, how can that make the club worse under FFP, if the wage bill is about the same overall?

Isn't FFP judged over a fixed period rather than every week, so provided they get BR off the books before the end of the FFP period, aren't they OK?

...sacking his support staff and paying up their contract still leaves their wages in the figures for that financial period!!!

We will in effect be paying Kolo etc, at the same time as the new coach that has come in to replace him. Because one is there and the other is no longer at the club, his payoff is still an expense on our books.

Even if Brendan was given money to spend, he'd probably have wasted it. His hit rate was around 15% when he was our manager and he arrogantly refused to work with a DoF. The same people he threw under the bus helped us get bargains like Robertson and Wijnaldum. What do you reckon his hit rate is with you? How many of his signings are in your first 11?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So we'd have signed another player but we won't pay Rodgers off because of FFP? It makes zero sense.

Rodgers position wasnt in question by the club at that point

1 minute ago, Liv323536 said:

Even if Brendan was given money to spend, he'd probably have wasted it. His hit rate was around 15% when he was our manager and he arrogantly refused to work with a DoF. The same people he threw under the bus helped us get bargains like Robertson and Wijnaldum. What do you reckon his hit rate is with you? How many of his signings are in your first 11?

He has already wasted quite a lot of money, totally incapable of building his own team

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He's been doing that for months.

If I spoke about my companies finances the way he has i'd have been sacked long ago

You are obviously correct but it wouldn't be all over the media. Sometimes though you have do the right thing and sod the media.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, taupe said:

Woah, steady ohere cowboy! That's going a tad far! That's an awful lot of us 'less than full witted' people being chucked under a bus there! (to use the popular rhetoric)

Rodgers isn't inept. He has however, imho, created a situation that he can't manage. A 'good times' manager perhaps?

Yeah maybe (in the case of Trump) l should have said "less than full witted people, wannabe fascists, misogynists and racists - l try to be inclusive.

I also try to tell it as l see it and although nothing is black and white only shades on the grey scale, Americans who vote for Trump are being conned by a deep, deep grey and dangerous man.

I must slightly disagree with your view that" Rodgers isn't inept" and say "Rodgers is inept" he is however very good at convincing people he is ept and shifting the blame.

His spin is however is worthy of the Donald.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

At the moment purely conjecture.  This needs to be flipped i.e. we CANNOT afford NOT to sack him. 

Ah, right. What do you get out of writing this then - you're literally making shit up;

19 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So we need to find a replacement Coach who will accept deferred salary payments. It gets better by the minute.

• Like 1