Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Tanya said:

It also is really early, it's not even 11am.

Bournemouth got rid of Parker by 9ish last week. Must be some log jam at City to not have done the same. If he's somehow still here by the Villa game that surely is the last straw if he loses that one.

Just now, Liv323536 said:

Even if Brendan was given money to spend, he'd probably have wasted it. His hit rate was around 15% when he was our manager and he arrogantly refused to work with a DoF. The same people he threw under the bus helped us get bargains like Robertson and Wijnaldum. What do you reckon his hit rate is with you? How many of his signings are in your first 11?

The only successful signings made whilst he has been here are Fofana, Castagne and debatably Justin (although he's been dreadful since his return from injury). I can't really give him Tielemans because he was already here on loan when Rodgers arrived. Potentially Daka and Soumare could come good under a different manager, and hopefully we will see that. Our recruitment used to be the envy of every club our size but on the whole it's been dreadful since Rodgers came in. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Liv323536 said:

Even if Brendan was given money to spend, he'd probably have wasted it. His hit rate was around 15% when he was our manager and he arrogantly refused to work with a DoF. The same people he threw under the bus helped us get bargains like Robertson and Wijnaldum. What do you reckon his hit rate is with you? How many of his signings are in your first 11?

He personally oversaw the signings of Vestegaard and Bertrand. Who has been nothing short of a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Mok said:

Nor do I, but think of it this way, he has 3 years left on his contract - circa £30m , and then they have to employ another manager

So Rodgers wont walk away.

I would like to see him go, and i wanted him gone at Christmas.

Depends I guess on what we believe is genuine in regards to pay offs. So many different figures being thrown around. I’m just keeping fingers crossed he goes 

21 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whatever happens with Rodgers , King Power will have to sell. Running a top PL club with inadequate finances is impossible.

....this is pretty much a mid-term problem in the great scheme of things!!!

Covid has had a devastating impact on King Power as a whole and has also impacted the revenue gate receipts would have brought in for us. The big issue is building Seagrave and the expansion of the ground and ancillary buildings. Once the expansion has been completed along with the other items on the plans we submitted, we then need to negotiate to pay back the loans over what I envisage could be a 5-year period. 

Without the investment in infrastructure, we would have had the funds to spend on new acquisitions (players) and also to mitigate other losses elsewhere. Our planning for the future has on a short/mid-term basis, prevented us from competing financially to our fullest.

The overriding thing to take from this is that we do not invest in infrastructure forever, we do not have to build it again 5 years down the line.

4 minutes ago, Liv323536 said:

For us, Rodgers has signed the following:

Ayoze Perez 30m

Dennis Praet 17m

James Justin 6m

Ryan Bennett loan

Wesley Fofana 32m

Timothy Castagne 19m

Cengiz Under loan

Patson Daka 27m

Boubakary Soumare 18m

Jannik Vestergaard 15m

Ryan Bertrand free

Ademola Lookman loan

Wout Faes 15m

Alex Smithies free

That's 14 signings. 3 have proven to be good signings (Justin, Fofana, Castagne), 2 are too early to judge (Daka, Faes), 2 are pointless backup players that will never play (Bertrand, Smithies), and the rest of them Rodgers wants to sell/didn't want to sign permanently. So yeah, overall his hit rate with us is piss poor.