Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Blimey there's a few impatient folk on here this morning - I want him out as much as anyone but as long it's announced by the time I go to bed tonight I'll be happy! 

Its starting to get a similar feel to the start of the window. Usually we are a club that doesn't mess about but its dragging into the day. 

I was confident he was going a few hours ago but now I'm swinging towards him staying. I just don't think the board have the minerals to do what needs to be done anymore. 

We are sleep walking into trouble, too many comfortable people around the table.

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Those 2 fans were correct too. There was a fan on last week saying how we had to stick with Rodgers etc. Looks like everyone is in agreement now. 

Yep a lot have turned other than a couple i saw on the facebook groups, who can't get past their view that we won't get a better manager!

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

He is now killing his own reputation. The media which was firmly in his corner a few weeks ago now has members questioning his job. He should’ve left weeks ago, he would’ve been poor Brendan and would’ve just been a **** to us. 

Now he’s everyone’s ****.

Which is great. He has over inflated his reputation. Hope he finds it hard to get his next job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He's taking the pi55. He is up for nothing, and doesn't know how to move forward from here. Its words just to stretch everything out.

Has he got vodka or gin in that bottle? Probably needs it with the pressure. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Which is great. He has over inflated his reputation. Hope he finds it hard to get his next job.

This is what will show him for the snake he really is. Does he care more for his 23M or his next job? 

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

This is my theory:

The board don't want to waste money sacking him so....they are sat in a meeting convincing themselves that this is just a blip and that Brendan will turn things around. 

You can't think that looking at his team selection and substitutions: He will keep losing until they fire him.

I was one of the biggest Brendan boosters, and am completely fed up with him. He needs out today, or else he will just try and lose again on Saturday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thats a bad thing - if he gets sent on gardening leave, we want him to get a job the day after to reduce our costs

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

This is my theory:

The board don't want to waste money sacking him so....they are sat in a meeting convincing themselves that this is just a blip and that Brendan will turn things around. 

Even if things did temporarily improve on the pitch. It doesn't change how he's behaved every time the chips are down and how he's turned a young squad with lots of potential into...well basically the same squad, playing worse football and having fewer young assets. 

I'm also worried that they're doing exactly that and it's genuinely terrifying for the future of the club if the higher ups decide to do anything but relieve Rodgers of his duties today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You can't think that looking at his team selection and substitutions: He will keep losing until they fire him.

I was one of the biggest Brendan boosters, and am completely fed up with him. He needs out today, or else he will just try and lose again on Saturday.

100% agree....right now I'm doubting our boards ability to make the right call....if they just leave it eventually it will be to late whereas do it now and we have plenty of time to put things right

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I hope he finds it very easy to find a new job. We won’t have to pay him off. 

Yes things are bad now but his first few seasons were a success. Wishing the bloke absolute failure & destitution seems a tad harsh. 

• Like 1

Surely if we are that hard up then we can sell another asset in January if we have to sack him to comply with FFP.

Also we could have let some of the players go for less than market value so the buying club could have provided a large signing on fee to cover the cost of the wages they would have lost from us to the end of their contracts.

There is some proper unexplained madness going on at the club at the moment.  We need to start taking charge of the immediate future which is us staring relegation in the face with Rodgers still in charge.