Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Wishful thinking maybe but nothing being announced at 11am will definitely not mean that he won’t have been sacked.

If my memory is right, the announcement for Ranieri being fired was in the evening, Shakespeare was mid afternoon and Puel was in the morning. No correlation between time and announcements.

I am desperate for him to be sacked. I really think not dismissing him before Saturday would be a big error, we aren’t picking up any points with him at the helm.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

I think he'll get Villa, defeat there would literally force them in to action, big pay off or not. Just a hunch, happy to see him go now mind but just a feeling he'll be stood there with his notepad and tiny clapping hands come sat at 3pm.

Even the thought of that sends me into a dark place.

I think a meeting is/was called for late last night or early this morning - due to all the issues regarding FFP etc. they've probably called in BR or his representatives and are now negotiating how they can "mutually part ways" - these discussions presumable are not easy and there is a fair bit of back and forth - they probably have given him time to say bye to the staff and players. I think if it is going to happen and they come to an agreement then it will be announced around 2-3pm. It's now in both parties interest to part ways - BR just doesn't seen to want to be here and clearly he's lost the players. The board got a lot of stick after sacking Ranieri so are probably mindfull as to how they handle it, after all they are now sacking a manager who won us our first every FA cup. Let's keep fingers crossed that things are going on in the background. Maybe someone can go take a drive passed Seagrave to see if BR is taking on any sessions! :wave: 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The manner of yesterday's defeat must have sent reverberations right through the board. Its was horrifying, to add to all the decline and negativity that has been batted off for quite some time. Like Puel vs Palace at home, I think it will have made their minds up quite quickly.

The man at the Top needs to dive in and send him packing ..  or tell someone else to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I think he'll get Villa, defeat there would literally force them in to action, big pay off or not. Just a hunch, happy to see him go now mind but just a feeling he'll be stood there with his notepad and tiny clapping hands come sat at 3pm.

Defeat at Villa and we will be relegated. It will be too much of a barrier to overcome.

The change needs to happen now and the board/Top are deluding themselves if they think Brendan can or actually wants to turn it around. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

I hope he finds it very easy to find a new job. We won’t have to pay him off. 

Yes things are bad now but his first few seasons were a success. Wishing the bloke absolute failure & destitution seems a tad harsh. 

That's true.

I mean despite the absolute quagmire that we find ourselves in now, Rodgers has finished 5th, 5th and 8th and delivered the FA Cup and Charity Shield.  It still blows my mind that some people dismiss the FA Cup like it were a mere trifle.  I have been dreaming of it all my life.

Yes, he has to go because we are in freefall and the performances are abject.  Brighton were toying with us.  But I don't get where all the bitterness comes from for our second most successful manager ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The manner of yesterday's defeat must have sent reverberations right through the board. Its was horrifying, to add to all the decline and negativity that has been batted off for quite some time. Like Puel vs Palace at home, I think it will have made their minds up quite quickly.

Spot on - It wasn't just the defeat it was the manner of the defeat - players arguing, players playing like musical statues, players playing out of position, the fans being hugely let down and our reaction 

Enough's enough and we can't afford to let him continue never mind can't afford to get rid 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t believe he said “I’m still young and fresh as a manager” after the game yesterday. You’ve been around the block for 14 years now Brendan, who you kidding? 😂

He's using the press conferences as a job interview for his next employer, he's been doing it for a few weeks.  He has no interest in how this ends for our club, he is only interested in protecting his own reputation.  The man is so far up his own backside, that's why he talks so much brown stuff!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I see the Brendanites are still out there..

I've not heard one #LCFC fan who's calling for #RodgersOut suggest a sensible replacement/ upgrade? Careful what you wish for...

This argument was done and dusted a long time ago. Its just trudged out by those with treacle for brains. 

14 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You can't think that looking at his team selection and substitutions: He will keep losing until they fire him.

I was one of the biggest Brendan boosters, and am completely fed up with him. He needs out today, or else he will just try and lose again on Saturday.

This.

I think there's a battle going on but everyone is a loser.

Brendan has given up and is betting that Leicester will fire him and pay up whatever it costs to sack him before his reputation is too damaged.

The Board (who are obviously in a precarious position re: finances etc.) are betting that the reputational damage occurring now will force him to quit to save his reputation before we are cut off.

For me the Brighton game made most of those positions untenable. Brendan's reputation has taken a huge hit and our problems have been laid bare for all to see (and finally the ****wits in the media are picking up on it). The Board will be seeing that if we keep Brendan we will go down without putting up any kind of fight (for me some of the decisions he has made recently cry out that he is trying to lose and be sacked).

It's all a bit frustrating but I just want the twat gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Love his comment that the fans have to stay onside and support the team.

Brendan we are. It's you we want to feck off with your shite tactics.

I thought the fans stayed with the team for the vast majority of the game and for far longer than they deserved. 

Maddison got his own ovation at the end because although he wasn't great yesterday the fans know who are trying in that team 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mok said:

Its not naive, FFP is fact

As for Top and his families finances, you use the word allegedly 

I used the word allegedly so I don’t get sued like everything you post on the internet you should use it. It’s based on Forbes’ alleged annual value numbers, not some random twitter account.

It’s certainly not known fact we’re only cutting back due to FFP. None of us know that at all for sure. Top has claimed that in his programme notes, but no business person is ever going to reveal if they are financially struggling in public nor wishing to sell a company as it scares away investors and contractors and is also awful negotiating tactics.

Edited by Sampson

9 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I've got a horrible feeling you're likely correct. It'll be a home game that finally does him. Man Utd last week was bad enough but the hostility on Saturday will be something else. They'll be hoping and praying for a more palatable outcome but they've got to do it.