Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, wurmer said:

They won't sack him yet.

On balance, I'm inclined to agree and expect him to be given a little longer to turn results and performances around.

I do think that Top, Susan or someone from the senior management team will 'have a serious conversation' with him in response to his recent comments and general negativity and forceably remind him of his responsibilities not only to the club as his employers, but also to his players and support staff. 

Recently he has been the appointed leader who has shown no signs of leadership or even of understanding what leadership means.

I'm not saying that I would be happy if events take this course, but that's what I think is likely to happen.

Those players were not ‘in it together’ yesterday 

they didn’t believe in the set up and they weren’t running through walls for the coach or the collective 

I don’t see how rodgers can rectify that 

this was the reason I decided he needed to go a couple weeks ago (I’m not one who advocates change unless I see it as absolutely necessary) - I gave him the benefit of the doubt against Brentford but his lack of response to adams bullying us was inexcusable. 
when you add this, the players lack of desire and his transfer narrative into the mix it was clear we should be making a change and fast. 

He has never once been positive about dealing with the situation and making the best of the decent squad he has 

he did earn the right to start the season but he’s palpably failed on all levels over the past month. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I've got a horrible feeling you're likely correct. It'll be a home game that finally does him. Man Utd last week was bad enough but the hostility on Saturday will be something else. They'll be hoping and praying for a more palatable outcome but they've got to do it. 

We have tickets, but if he is still here i think I will suggest giving it a miss. My boy is 10 and I don't think he could cope with how toxic it will get. We've been to some good games and had fun, but to travel 2.5 hours each way to experience outright toxic misery can be argued as bad weekend planning and bad parenting! 

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly I really haven’t been following the ongoing financial issue, but with the reported 119m losses, can we actually afford to sack him? 

If they can afford to pay him they can afford to sack him. They will be able to be creative with accounts, sell a player.  

At the moment he is devaluing the company assets. They have money, the problem is they are trying to play by the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The manner of yesterday's defeat must have sent reverberations right through the board. Its was horrifying, to add to all the decline and negativity that has been batted off for quite some time. Like Puel vs Palace at home, I think it will have made their minds up quite quickly.

My thoughts too. 

It was a performance that just shows he has given up. That’s a side that’s being managed by a manager who’s lost the spark. He’s just sending them out to fail weekly. I’m holding out hope the board are in discussions about how to be rid of him. 

He is gone, it’s just a matter of when, but we need to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

I’ve just watched the bbc interview after the game, and he said the result was down to him and he takes 100% responsibility for the results, so he’s not as completely arrogant as some are saying. 
I still think he has to go. Tactics out of date and can’t get a 90 minute performance out of the players. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's true.

I mean despite the absolute quagmire that we find ourselves in now, Rodgers has finished 5th, 5th and 8th and delivered the FA Cup and Charity Shield.  It still blows my mind that some people dismiss the FA Cup like it were a mere trifle.  I have been dreaming of it all my life.

Yes, he has to go because we are in freefall and the performances are abject.  Brighton were toying with us.  But I don't get where all the bitterness comes from for our second most successful manager ever.

Yes it was amazing - but it is not an indication of a great manager. It’s a few games, only 2 of which were against the big 6 and arguably none against clubs with better squads than us (look at Chelsea’s strike force and Man Utd that season, very average).

Wigan won the cup and were relegated a few weeks later, anyone think Martinez is a top manager?

People should analyse the squads before talking about perceived success, that goes for the 5th place finishes as well.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I’ve just watched the bbc interview after the game, and he said the result was down to him and he takes 100% responsibility for the results, so he’s not as completely arrogant as some are saying. 
I still think he has to go. Tactics out of date and can’t get a 90 minute performance out of the players. 

That was only after a direct question of "who is responsible for the defeat" - he didn't say that off his own back but rather when he was backed into a corner. 

If he is still in charge on Saturday we need to make it perfectly clear that it's not on and we won't tolerate it any longer. We need the stands full of "Rodgers Out" signs, we need to make it crystal clear that our problem is with Rodgers so he can't make excuses up. I'm talking about refusing to leave the ground after the match levels of protesting. Something has got to give. 

3 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Just on sky sports BR has said he will not walk away ,so he is expecting a pay off 

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking about Rodgers comments about he hasn’t been anywhere longer than managing us - does he ask himself why that might be?

My understanding at Celtic was that he blamed lack of recruitment for not being able to to progress - sound familiar?

At Liverpool he was great at improving what he inherited (sound familiar?) and even made good tweaks (sound families?). But then it went south when he transitioned to building his own team, and was criticised for the defence being a shambles - SOUND ****ING FAMILIAR?!

I’m sorry but there’s a clear pattern emerging. As soon as he begins to put his own stamp on a club it goes to rat shit. Why is this not being discussed in the media? The extent of most mainstream media analysis is Robbie Savage babbling “Brendan Rodgers - eite manager” every time he’s the topic of a call of 606. He probably is in the elite category for that first 18 months-2 years. BUT LOOK AT HIS RECORD AFTER THAT.

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

If he is still in charge on Saturday we need to make it perfectly clear that it's not on and we won't tolerate it any longer. We need the stands full of "Rodgers Out" signs, we need to make it crystal clear that our problem is with Rodgers so he can't make excuses up. I'm talking about refusing to leave the ground after the match levels of protesting. Something has got to give. 

No chance, folk can't get away quick enough.

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Ah, right. What do you get out of writing this then - you're literally making shit up;

Look Pal - 99% of what is written on this Forum is conjecture. FT is a Fans forums for opinions. If you want facts, read the Daily Mail or give Top a call.  

Sorry you are having such a bad day…

Just now, mozartfox said:

Look Pal - 99% of what is written on this Forum is conjecture. FT is a Fans forums for opinions. If you want facts, read the Daily Mail or give Top a call.  

You almost had me at the Daily Mail for facts... 

• Like 1

I've never believed for a moment that we don't have the money to sack him. Top is as aware as anyone else that relegation would be far more damaging. My guess is they have waited to see who blinks first; does BR leave to keep his reputation intact, or do they have to act due to our league position and give him his large payout? I think they have hoped things would turn around, but as they haven't they have been happy to let BR talk himself into trouble by blaming everyone but himself.

I would also like to think they already have a list of potential replacements lined up, and that part of any delay could be to make sure they have all their ducks in a row before they pull the trigger.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

That was only after a direct question of "who is responsible for the defeat" - he didn't say that off his own back but rather when he was backed into a corner. 

Ah, I see your point.

He needs a new P  R team then, because he should have been saying similar things voluntarily before now! 

Just now, mozartfox said:

Daily Mail :doh: - I think you'll actually get more fact on here mate!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

Who would be in charge on an interim basis should he go? I imagine all of his team will go with him so we won’t have a scenario like before where Shakespeare took charge. 

Mike Stowell? Or see if Evans (or Vardy) wanted to be interim player-manager for a few weeks

• Like 1