Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Look Pal - 99% of what is written on this Forum is conjecture. FT is a Fans forums for opinions. If you want facts, read the Daily Mail or give Top a call.  

Sorry you are having such a bad day…

I’d bank there is more factual information on this forum than at that raglol

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

I’d bank there is more factual information on this forum than at that raglol

Absolutely. The point was, do not read FT if you want facts!!!

4 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

When did it start to fall apart? I feel like it went downhill from when we were meant to be in the title race and Liverpool beat us 4-0 on Boxing Day 

If my memory serves me right, that was roughly about when teams started to find us out. If I recall, it was actually a few games before that when we played Norwich the week or so before. We drew 1-1, but I recall the “oh sh*t” moment when Norwich pressed us high up the pitch and we barely got out of first gear. I probably posted about it at the time. That was at a time when we were flying high and on a roll when teams would sit back worried about Vardy. That game Norwich played a high press and Rodgers’ ball was found out. We could not get out of the press and our back 4 ended up playing much of the ball when we were in possession.

We all know what happened since then. We played more and more defenders as Rodgers became more and more conservative. I mean what do you expect our attacking football would become if you rely on defenders to do much of your passing!!!

I thought Rodgers wanted to play like Man City. Instead he play more and more defenders who - ok I don’t want to say the likes of Justin or Castagne are not good - but they not exactly worldclass forward driving wingers that Rodgers week in week out use as part of our limited attack!

22 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's true.

I mean despite the absolute quagmire that we find ourselves in now, Rodgers has finished 5th, 5th and 8th and delivered the FA Cup and Charity Shield.  It still blows my mind that some people dismiss the FA Cup like it were a mere trifle.  I have been dreaming of it all my life.

Yes, he has to go because we are in freefall and the performances are abject.  Brighton were toying with us.  But I don't get where all the bitterness comes from for our second most successful manager ever.

You’d think Rodgers has been touching up peoples wives 😂

He’s got to go though. Enough is enough. A fresh start. Stay up. Dust ourselves down. Take stock and rebuild. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The articles coming out of the Athletic today suggest he is under pressure but the sacking isnt imminent. If anything, the board are where the majority of this forum was a few weeks ago. He's got games left. 

Kane is going to have a field day against us then! Even more than he usually does.. 9-0 incoming? 

Just now, mozartfox said:

Look Pal - 99% of what is written on this Forum is conjecture. FT is a Fans forums for opinions. If you want facts, read the Daily Mail or give Top a call.  

Sorry you are having such a bad day…

But you're not presenting it as 'conjecture', and you're merrily moving on to the second-order effects as though they're a given too. Why not just skip to the club folding, and do the whole 'massive Chicken-Licken wetwipe for rep points' stuff with some élan?

Pal.

How on earth hasnt he gone today- im very quickly thinking our board are completely inept if they cant even make this decision after what we have seen- I was a million per cent sure he would be gone today but it doesnt seem so- that is literally unbelieveable

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

You can have huge respect of the owner and still do the right thing for the club... 

The only thing that gives me comfort here is that Top and particularly Vichai had and retained massive respect for Nige and Claudio. For different reasons, it didnt stop them pressing the button. However, those articles suggest there is NOW pressure. there wasnt before. Gives me the impression we are only starting the process.