Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

But you're not presenting it as 'conjecture', and you're merrily moving on to the second-order effects as though they're a given too. Why not just skip to the club folding, and do the whole 'massive Chicken-Licken wetwipe for rep points' stuff with some élan?

Pal.

I was actually responding to YOUR original question and pointing out it was just conjecture!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Look Pal - 99% of what is written on this Forum is conjecture. FT is a Fans forums for opinions. If you want facts, read the Daily Mail or give Top a call.  

Sorry you are having such a bad day…

FACTS! in the 'kin Daily Mail! Hahahahaha hahaha....

I've a lovely (genuine honest) van Gogh on my wall l can let you have for say £10,000....

Hahahaha... Daily Mail.......

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I’ve just watched the bbc interview after the game, and he said the result was down to him and he takes 100% responsibility for the results, so he’s not as completely arrogant as some are saying. 
I still think he has to go. Tactics out of date and can’t get a 90 minute performance out of the players. 

When he said the same thing on BBC Leicester he made it sound like the failure is only on the manager by default.

"If a team loses its always the manager's fault." (Paraphrasing)

He didn't say that anything in particular was his fault.

More noise on Twitter from Leicester based Journo's that he isn't going

If he isn't sacked today, I won't be going on Saturday. Petulant as it sounds, I am not wasting anymore time and effort on the guy, nor the club while they flounder around like this 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tanya said:

The club hasnt tweeted anything in 15 hours, no aftermath of the game, no manager interviews, nothing. That seems highly unusual and hopefully indicates Rodgers being sacked will be announced today.

As I said before though, LCFC TV is normal, including the youtube channel.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Make peace that until we win a game, every consecutive loss means its only a matter of time. We've probably 2-3 more straight losses where we are then ridiculously under pressure to stay up regardless of a new regime as we will be in bits with a mountain to climb.

If he does get the Villa game it is astonishing and I'm staggered the club are willing to risk such a head start given to the other 19 PL teams. Madness

Take away the Spurs game in the next set of fixtures, the run is massive for us. We could potentially pull ourselves up and away if we do things properly. On the otherhand, if we get it wrong, we could be certs for relegation before the World Cup. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mok said:

Fact of the matter is, the club just passed FFP last week.

Top and family are far from broke, due to to FFP their hands are tied, and they cant sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager due to FFP even if they wanted to.

They could actually, putting him on gardening leave is the same as keeping him employed, he is paid as he is normally paid.

The only extra cost would be paying the new manager.

We know there was money enough to pay for another player as we tried to get a winger in, so that money can be used to pay the manager.

Whilst we have always been pushing the FFP limits, I think these notes in the last match program are deliberately hiding that a decision has been made to hold back on spending probably due to the state of KP.

I expect the real reason is he survives is either Top really likes the guy, or KP due to their tight financial policies cant stomach paying for a manager on gardening leave.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

no, Top has huge respect of him :nigel:

I know. I've got no problem with Top having respect for Rodgers - any conversations they have that were not privy to probably leads to that. 

BUT, Top, with all that respect in mind anyway, can still do the right thing by the club and get rid. For his sake, for the club's sake, for our sake and most of all for Rodgers. 

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The only thing that gives me comfort here is that Top and particularly Vichai had and retained massive respect for Nige and Claudio. For different reasons, it didnt stop them pressing the button. However, those articles suggest there is NOW pressure. there wasnt before. Gives me the impression we are only starting the process. 

Agreed. I hope that process is quick. 

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Absolute shambles. 

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see he isn't turning it around after that performance yesterday

Agree.

After that pathetic performance and team selection he gets another chance??!! Owners should sack now and have the new guy watch and access players. If he does somehow manage to get 3 points on Saturday does that mean he stays??

Top you have to put BR and the players out of their misery and get someone new in.